Forum Replies Created
There is a sense in the air that the pandemic is winding down, and the toxic culture of division, fear, and hatred along with it. Cases are down dramatically. Deaths too. Hospitalizations are no longer irregular. Restrictions are being repealed. You can follow all the action daily at the CDC’s new and unusually competent landing page on the virus (it only took them a year to build this).
Despite all the talk of a new normal and infinite mandates, there is hope that it could all unwind quickly, pushed by force of public impatience and frustration with restrictions, and a political scramble to avoid responsibility by running away from all that they did for the last year.
The list of signs and symbols could be made very long.
The politicians who overreached are suddenly being held accountable, with both Andrew Cuomo and Gavin Newsom on the hotseat. Calls for governors and mayors to resign consume state and local news. There is clearly major political tumult building.
The Great Barrington Declaration scientists can hardly keep up with the requests for respectful interviews, now that it is becoming clear that they were right all along.
The experience in open states like Florida, Georgia, South Dakota, and so on, makes it impossible to ignore the grim truth that the lockdowns achieved nothing for public health but did harm health, businesses, liberties, law, and civilized life.
The push to open economies, by the same people who locked down the economies, such as Boris Johnson in the UK, is an implicit repudiation of the nonsensical ZeroCovid movement. Everyone seems now to agree with what AIER has been saying for a year: humanity must deal intelligently with pathogens and stop pretending that political forces can control them.
AIER visiting senior fellow Naomi Wolf had a hit just last evening on the Tucker Carlson show, and they spoke as allies in the reopening efforts after years of ideological sparring.
There is growing weariness of Anthony Fauci’s daily word salads that have massively mixed up the public health messaging for a full year, to the point that Meghan McCain has called for his firing.
A year ago, Slate was making sense until the virus became political and they joined the lockdown mob. Now the publication is back to making sense again, with this excellent piece.
British medical journal The Lancet is publishing excellent short pieces on the cost of lockdowns, including this riveting letter from Martin Kulldorff.
A prestigious European journal of public health has published a blistering attack on the very idea that a power government should ever be trusted with virus mitigation….
The Federal Reserve’s critical system for interbank payments which serves as the backbone of virtually all money transfers in the US, went down Wednesday afternoon as trillions in payments suddenly ground to a halt. The outage, similar to two significant disruptions suffered by the Fed in 2019, was widespread across all payment systems maintained by the central bank, including the vital automated clearinghouse system known as FedACH, and the Fedwire Funds interbank transfer service.
“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.”
And may you survive the cyberpandemic when you can’t access any of your currency or investments that are electronic.
I live far from TX, but I’m watching and listening for reports from this incident to see what I can learn about the future and my own resilience. Here’s a few points so far:
1. No matter who’s theoretically correct re: global warming and climate change, weird things can happen that are counterintuitive. Temperatures near zero in southern TX as global warming unfolds?! Tough luck. Gotta be ready for nearly anything.
2. When future crises hit, a lot of time and energy is wasted blaming various parties and no one steps up and says, “These are the mistakes I made. I’ll do better from now on.”
3. When it comes to preparedness (at all levels), “After everything is said and done, there’s more said than done.” Not only do I have to be prepared, I have to make allowances for how many consequences there will be for me to deal with because of the lack of preparedness by others. For instance, if I live on the second floor of a four floor apartment building and I am prepared to shelter in place (along with preps stored in a self storage unit), I may have to deal with burst, frozen pipes above me flooding down into my otherwise warm and prepped apartment. What am I going to do to get the gasoline I need if none of the gas stations in my town are prepared enough to have backup generators to get the gasoline out of the ground and into my vehicle? (FWIW, I have three plans for that: 1) always keep my tank at least half full, 2) I have 50+ gallons of gasoline stored where I can easily get to it, and 3) I have a portable 2000 watt Honda generator I can take with me in my truck to the gas station to get the pumps working at least temporarily.)
4. In this incident (so far), I haven’t heard of anyone, especially government, suggesting that those who are prepared must be forced to distribute their preps to others who aren’t prepared. I expect that in the future.
How will Kamala’s ascension affect The Three E’s? I’ve heard it said she’ll make Hillary look like the good witch. (Disclosure: I have a $10 bet she’ll be POTUS by July 5, 2021.) OTOH, President Wilson suffered a stroke and his wife secretly ran the government herself for months. Who knows how long they can prop up Ol’ White Joe? If “they” want to. I’m thinking they’ll have Joe do something really unpopular, then have him resign for health reasons to allow Kamala’s coronation without the baggage.
The China Hustle
The China Hustle is a 2017 finance documentary produced by Magnolia Pictures and directed by Jed Rothstein. The documentary reveals systematic and formulaic decades-long securities fraud by Chinese companies listed on the US stock market.
Many of the film’s protagonists such as Dan David and Jon Carnes are activist shareholders and due diligence professionals who discovered the fraud including the fabricated accounting and brazen misrepresentations and subsequently short-sold the toxic stock in order to bring about the collapse of the fraudulent entities which often led to Class Action lawsuits, NASDAQ delistment and SEC deregistration.
Is this subject related to The Three E’s, resilience and “leaving a world worth inheriting?”
1. We have often discussed how the “shrinking pies” (3E’s) will cause people, groups and nations to fight over what’s left. So this conflict (Desantis vs Xiden and Fauci) seems exactly like that kind of conflict to me, at least to the Gov. of Florida whose state lives on tourism income. The Federal government threatening to prohibit travel into and out of Florida threatens the financial survival of the State of FL.
2. Chris Martenson has frequently railed against the corruption and foolishness of our national health MANAGERS and politicians in handling the Wuhan Virus. According to Chris (and I strongly agree), they have made the situation far worse than it had to be and they continue to do so. Threatening to enforce a travel ban into and out of Florida seems like another glaring example of the same dynamic.
3. I am of the conviction that leaving behind a tyrannical world where travel into and out of Florida would be prohibited would not be worth inheriting.
So far as I’ve seen, NO ONE AT ALL who was allegedly involved in that phone call HAS DENIED the quotes and characterization of DeSantis’ statements to Xiden and Fauci. On the basis of that, I sent DeSantis a contribution this afternoon, since my vote has been §tolen. I can at least send a message that there are people in the US who cheer Gov. DeSantis’ refusal to be bullied by Xiden and Fauci.
”Happy Hunger Games. And may the odds be ever in your favor.”
You know you’re really living under a tyrannical government when it prohibits or severely restricts the ability of citizens to leave the country and move their money and assets out. Since we’re moving in that direction, maybe we ought to consider the possibility that the vaccine passport will be used to trap citizens in certain countries from leaving with their assets. 🤔
You’re starting to scare me Dave! You’re starting to sound like me. OMG! So I’m concluding the old adage has been proven correct again as I have watched you these last eleven years: “A liberal is someone who has never been mugged.” I’ve followed your slow motion mugging by TPTB (especially in medicine, finance and politics). I’m sad for your losses and for your suffering and for your disillusionment with The Man and his System. But I’m glad to have you aboard!