- Error: You do not have permission to do that.
Forum Replies Created
Obviously it took some time prior to that to put the article together. Also Trump banned flights from China on June 3. So how does her flight date (probably before June 3rd) relate to the shut down of the Houston embassy on July 22nd. Why would the two events be related????
Dr. Mayer we know you have a life. Its amazing the hours you have donated to us and the professional integrity you demonstrated and your dedication to virology. And the patience you have in bringing many of us along from the point zero where we started. If I survive this…If we survive this, you will have changed the course of our lives.
No simple words can describe…..
1. Assuming the RaTG13 from a bat was infected into a host pangolin carrying a virus similar to MP789, how much passaging would be needed to result in the combining of the two to create hCoV-2019? Especially since pangolins are solitary by nature and not living in a community? The simpler explanation would be that hCoV was created in a lab by virologists who had all the tools at their disposal to make this happen.
2. Why was the discovery of RaTG13 not published back in 2013? As Dr. Mayer so clearly analyzed:
When the RaTG13 was posted in January I could not make any sense of the magic genome suddenly being published. I kept telling myself that it MUST have been published under a prior research designation and I am missing something! I eventually pieced together the actual story and it leads down a rabbit hole.
This is the story of the greatest coronavirus find in world history. Zheng-Li Shi and her team located an abandoned mining cave in Mojiang county, Yunnan province in southwest China. Expeditions were in August, September of 2012 and April, July of 2013. The team collected 276 samples from 6 Bat species. During the 4 expeditions, they discovered just 1 magical Rhinolophus affinis (RA) bat that contained an SL-CoV.
3. In the first 3 weeks of January the only discussion about the origin of the release of hCoV-2019 was about the outbreak and control measures were about Wuhan. It was only months later that various anecdotal stories were published about earlier possible release dates. Again the simplest explanation was that hCoV-2019 was released in Wuhan and the outbreak occurred subsequently.
The independent science article (great find by Island Girl) references research that the hCoV-2019 spike is 10 times more effective in binding to the human ACE2 receptor:
Apart from descriptions in their publications we do not yet know exactly which viruses the WIV was experimenting with but it is certainly intriguing that numerous publications since Sars-CoV-2 first appeared have puzzled over the fact that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein binds with exceptionally high affinity to the human ACE2 receptor “at least ten times more tightly” than the original SARS (Zhou et al., 2020; Wrapp et al., 2020; Wan et al., 2020; Walls et al., 2020; Letko et al., 2020).
This affinity is all the more remarkable because of the relative lack of fit in modelling studies of the SARS-CoV-2 spike to other species, including the postulated intermediates like snakes, civets and pangolins (Piplani et al., 2020). In this preprint these modellers concluded “This indicates that SARS-CoV-2 is a highly adapted human pathogen”.
As a measurement of the gaining of function of the spike that is remarkable.
Back when the N95s were first introduced we were told that the respirator fabric had a natural static charge that improved its effective efficiency, at least with the 3M.
So where is the likely geography where the transfer of a RaTG13 type organism to a pangolin would have occurred? In Malaysia the natural habitat of pangolins or in Wuhan where the human outbreak started? If it happened in Wuhan how did the endangered pangolin get there? If it happened in Malaysia, how did the hCoV-2019 get back to Wuhan for the human outbreak? The sick pangolin didn’t walk there and bats don’t have caves near Wuhan.
We all resist change. Just can’t accept such a monster weapon could ever be created. Do we begin to have to face a new reality?
Its like graduate school here where they teach the really cool stuff. Lot’s of very bright students here who bring interesting studies and questions. This is where you belong!
Creating real world zombies?
Reply to Synbeatz,
For N95 respirators, if you don’t design a study beforehand, how can you control for variables:
1. Fit testing
2. Doffing and donning procedures
3. Respirator storage or disposal
4. Change rooms/air locks
5. Particulate and aerosol generating activities
6. Per infection control standards patient rooms should be under negative air
7. Protocol monitoring and feedback
8. Certification of respirators