Forum Replies Created
Analysis of past history…glean 3 key factors.
- Rural Areas tend do better than urban.
- The more productive the rural area (soil, climate) the more resilient the area to economic shocks.
- The morals of the people to promote self sufficiency, local community and support.
However, keep in mind these are agricultural based regions.
In the USA…per above criteria…the Midwest and eastern Great Plains are logical candidates.
Questions for Chris.
Looking at Stock Index prices in Greece, and a bit lesser extent Portugal and Spain, there appears to be significant negative correlation or fall to rising Interest Rates there. Just as one would expect based on history with US stocks and interest rates.
1.) What is Chris’s view of how the stock market would do based on the 3 recent above country cases?
2.) If agree to a significant fall, ways to utilize this via investement vehicles other than PM’s like option techniques, or buying the most in demand, necessary commodities (food, oil and so on) from their recent price behavior in these 3 countries to reduce or eliminate loses?
FWIW…Loose numbers drawn from the 3 above events, plus our past US history extrapolate a 50 percent drop in US is very plausable, if not more. Of couse statistics is based on the assumptions used, that is, somewhat subjective.
BTW…doesn’t this tie into Biederman’s thoughts on price and liquidity?
Agree and seconded. Status…plus if still ongoing…anyone pushing returning to GAAP sanity (reality).
Double Posted (Somehow)
Thanks for the update. As a past program manager in future technologies and leading edge sciences, your observations reflect enouraging vibrations from me.
Their professional tone and actions are what is consistent with what I would want to see in successful ventures. This is an area Andrea Rossi has a ways to go, who in my personal interactions, do reflect a sincere, well meaning person. Time will tell for both him and Defkalion.
If their device(s) performs as they indicate, they shouldn’t have any problems with money! The networks and interested companies w/ monies will flock there.
Here’s the questions I would ask of them (maybe you did)…
- Their partners should have the ability to get the right US patents and certification. Why is this a problem…money and success talks…even to the most incompetent bureaucracies. Perplexing comments from them.
- Have they run the system through the highest and most challenging industrial test and specifications? This is very, very important for new technologies.
- This phenomena must be better understood and protected from “interference” from the incorrect resonences and/or coherences? Is this satisfied?
- Are they bringing in the correct scientists? Conventional scientists will make it worse for them…not better.
If they are working with a very large majority of all the scientists who interact with world governments…they are probably too negatively influenced and closed to the truth. As a government scientist, sadly, I have plenty of experiences here.
Governments are out of control and its all about “consensus”, a form of groupthink, sometimes bordering on cult-like behavior. Believe me, I know…its getting worse.
We must get government(s) out of the sciences, and put real science back into governments (accountability and transparency).
A few more questions…
- How would you rate their professionalism (and competence) on a scale from 1 to 10 with your experiences? This says it all.
- Most importantly, Do you understand and agree with their business model from a common sense perspective? If so, you know their either there or very close to commercialization, because this can’t be finalized w/o a working and finished product from my experiences.
- The concept of mobile monitoring is logical, but requires security safeguards (not trivial) and most of all redundancies, was this explained how to be done?
This phenomena (LENR, LANR, Cold Fusion, whatever)…in my experiences, suggests it deals in a non-intertial and non-gravitational framework. This is crucial. Think Maxwell, Faraday, Lenz, Ampere, Widom (possibly) concepts/”Laws” to name just a few things. Think “forces” and “charges” and what they really are.
If your impressed with what it does, step back, this…if it is stable and useable…is crude to what were “tapping into”. Were not even crawling.
Think of it in this very obtuse, but offer adequate way…
- Force = mass x accleration. (What are the four forces, which ones are the most powerful and why). Then apply concepts of “work” and “power” in physics. Then it may aid as to why we must change our perpectives of how nature (i.e. universe) operates. What really is the “Coulomb barrier”? Recall, we “measure” mass in a gravitational referenced way…?logical?…maybe why the paradox of Heisenberg/Schrodinger as one very basic example. Has anyone really directly measured gravity? Why? Why Not?
- It should influence how they look at “heat” and “temperature” and what they really are. The 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics and so on.
Keep an open mind. we already have most of the answers to the world problems, we just need to get past our dogma’s and ignorances.
Inclined to think this new technological application will not last that long, maybe a decade or two..if we turn to the truth of nature and more efficient and effective applications will come along if we don’t blow ourselves up. I’ve said before here at CM, we may have the opportunity to manage the world’s weather by the end of this century If not earlier)…remain encouraged this may come to fruition if we don’t blow ourselves up.
Love Australia, was there while in the USAF. Do you live in Woomera (outback), a military testing station, as your name implies?
Keep up your efforts, we need more like you.
Agree w/ your sentiments about instability of E-Cat. Came to that conclusion from what data could review last fall into winter.
LENR is just one crude phenomena of how nature really works.
Had the fortune of seeing it first hand ~20 years ago.
I’ve mentioned this here now for over 3 years.
Problem is were using the wrong frame of references of physics. More importantly, when big $ get involved (100’s of billions) w/o transparency and accountability, bad things happen.
This is a nascent phenomena which we are just turning to. FWIW…bigger things out there (much?) waiting for the sun.
Always search for the truth.
- (next 3 to 5 years)…I share a similar view as yours.
- Some long termers may recall in previous posts my position over the past 2 plus years that fossil fuels probably will be replaced sooner versus later than most consensus positions.
- Maintain this view (several promising things happening). I’ve held this similar (a bit more optimistic w/r/t energy?) for many years and maintain it.
Our Science and mathmatics, as I’ve stated previously…my position is incomplete and unbalanced.
We must move away from seeing things in an inertial and gravitational framework (horizontal and vertical) and more into the E-M forces and Nuclear forces that are ~36-38 ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more powerful than gravitational forces. Plus, E-M forces weaken slower than gravitational as distance increases. Yes, this impacts Einstein, Schrodenger, Heisenberg, Plank, Bohr etc.
My exchanges with several pioneers from prior lives in these areas continue to be encouraging. Example: Andrea Rossi E-Cat invention. His behaviour has been even more encouraging than the demonstrations in ongoing conversations and questions. Military leadership training suggests he is sincere.
Hint: The media and world leaders (yes, Obama, etc.) I’m told are aware of this phenomena from conversations. No media because fear “too good to be true” assertions to layperson and concern of being conned and impact their credibility. This is reasonable position(s). Folks I respect and have seen the phenomena and made key measurements are encouraged this is real. The data are in some ways similar to caliometry data saw in the past. Time will tell in next 5 months with October factory openings in Greece and Florida.
There’s lots going on…including other areas.
Its all in observations, data and reproducability. Opinions are always tertiary…hence longer term a bit more sanguine
Keep the big picture.
Hope this is of some utility.
History and my perspective is they will continue to do well (relative to most stocks).
Have several and may add more…not less…except diversify (take some profits) on the most successful into other companies.
The most productive with lowest costs could exceed the rate of increase price of the PM’s
Some PM favorites…
- Silver Wheaton
Also consider energy…
Market Collapse…who knows?
Key is things in demand in tough times should fare less worse than other investment choices.
My 2 cents…
Yes…his articles are compelling and insightful. His ability to paint issues in an understandable manner, yet with depth is exceptional.
Find his last sentence the most powerful…
"… This striking poverty of imagination may lead to change that will tear the nation to pieces."
Look at actions being taken and tone…speaks volumes.
Another endless diatribe on Climate Change (sigh) from both sides.
For those who have joined recently or haven’t read any of my earlier posts on Climate Change (which I’ve stated I wouldn’t respond further to) as to how to properly address and solve. Will make a rare exception.
The unique properties of water increasingly support the ability to manage/mitigate worldwide weather and facilitate the cleansing process of the planet by 2100. Even if worst cases are possible…would be solved…but don’t hear this. Why?
Roughly, applying scales of Natural, Man-Enhanced and Organically-Enhanced Thermodynamic (e.g. Rankine cycles, etc.) properties of water combined with its other unique properties.
To restate. By only applying the highest professional, scientific, and management standards to address this or any issue can we succeed.
Put simply, there is inadequate professionalism, failed leadership, near non existent education on this subject…otherwise it wouldn’t be so contentious of where were at and where we need to go. This topic of Climate Change is an excellent example of why were in the world-wide situation were now in.
Please, don’t give into maintaining special interests, dogma, fear, ignorance and most important… compulsive judgement and/or blame. Be open minded, objective and learn. As I’ve said before, won’t respond any further on this subject because my experiences are its fruitless.
For those scientifically and mathematically inclined…
Then apply to thermodynamics principles (Search on line). The numbers speak for themselves.
Believers and sceptics will continue to post media articles to "prove" their point.
Sad. This post will be ignored or dismissed by many who maintain their right and others are wrong. Why is the question? Please consider this as to finding solutions. No wonder were where were at.
FWIW…my perspective this topic is tertiary to earth asset depletion if we applied proper cost-impact-benefit analysis standards. Chris has it right.
Nichoman (Atmospheric Physicist, Climate Change Manager)