Forum Replies Created
My wife and I don’t drink much any more (a few times a year) but we’re having happy hour with tonic water and lime (or lemon if we’re feeling Anglophilic). Will it actually help? I don’t know but it’s helping keep some local stores in more business. I have some zinc on order.
I’ll throw down.
China screwed up. The virus escaped the lab by accident, the CCP assumed that it would be able to be squelched between the Jan lockdown and the misinformation campaign. Whether the virus is naturally occurring or was artificially created via gene editing is up for grabs, irrelevant.
Trump hates the federal reserve. He loves the gold standard. Trump is using a page from the left’s playbook and exploiting the crisis and using the SPVs to take over the federal reserve. I don’t quite grok all this. It seems risky, I fear hyperinflation is the outcome of all this but I do think he’s a lot smarter than 99% of people give him credit for so maybe this is a plan that he an Mnuchin are executing that may work.
Hospitalization rates seem to be way below what we expected. I have two theories on that. One is from a YouTuber I follow, Styxhammer666, who thinks that perhaps there are more vs. less deadly variants of the virus. I don’t particularly like this theory. The other one is that we are the first country that it has infected that has a significantly lower smoking rate than is seen in the other places we hear about. I don’t know about Spain, but Italy and China are known for smoking like mad.
I do think that it’s possible that there is more going on domestically but I don’t want to trigger too many people with conspiracy theories. POTUS’s verbiage has had strange oddities and you should take a close look at the picture of the patient on the hospital ship.
One thing to keep in mind is that we are in the middle of this event. There is a lot of stuff going on and even if the USA come out of this clean, there is a lot of trouble afoot:
– The EU (as an organization) is in big trouble. Member countries have essentially rebelled. The unelected bureaucracy in Brussles may not go down without a fight.
– The “refugees” attempting to breech the Turkey/Greece border turned back. Beginning of a “European Spring”, possibly overreacting?
– Africa is a powder keg, as death spreads, the small nations will act completely irrationally. I always thought this would happen as drought spread through Africa but this works also, albeit much more quickly.
– India? How are they not dead yet? I assume they closed the border sufficiently well? Maybe we’re praying to the wrong deities…
– What’s going on in Russia? Quarantine? I don’t see them as a mortal enemy, but certainly not a friend. They could be an opportunist.
– China isn’t going to lose their role as supplier to the world easily. They play the long game but this seems to have poisoned the well, perhaps for generations. This may make them act irrationally, perhaps via proxies
– The royal family in UK has been exposed. We could see some very quick turnover. Who’s after Charles?
– If Trump executes his fed takeover move, the other world bank members probably will not be happy and we could see other strange things happen as a result
– China might escalate things with all the claims against it. I’m watching right now as people are suggesting making claims against Chinese assets as reparations. One can imagine this turning into a more aggressive South China Sea posture, turning into a loose missile.
Sparky1, thanks for writing, I don’t know why replies to my other topic aren’t working. Crazy. Anyhow, the problem is that since I’m disabled, I’m not actually encountering any problems due to Covid19. God forbid, if something happens to my family, this could change, but I can’t think of a way to bend it to fit my situation.
Taking 100k and moving it into PMs sounds like a decent plan if I could make this happen, and figure out how to pay it back in the next three years.
Germany is lying. It’s just that simple. There are plenty of reports of this. They are mis-attributing deaths, hospitalizations, and critical care. Angela Merkel FTW.
I’m not sure why you couldn’t spray a volatile disinfectant like alcohol on the mask and then let it evaporate. I’m kind of assuming this plan works, I’m planning to get some of the denatured alcohol available from Home Depot in large gallon sizes for $8 so I can just soak them and then set them aside.
The “fuel” includes methanol (“wood alcohol”) so be careful about direct exposure. I’m actually thinking of having a paint can full of it that I can dip them in and then reseal the can.
I think it’s BS to try to prevent a further run-up of mask prices. Of course masks work. Maybe they’re not super duper amazing but they are going to catch some droplets that would have otherwise ended up in your respiratory system.