As announced last week, Joel Salatin and his team have contacted me, letting us know they’re willing to offer the Peak Prosperity tribe an amazing two-day (Fri-Sat) experience June 25-26, 2021 at Polyface Farms in Swoope, VA focused on the fundamentals of sustainable farming and food production.
Tickets to this event are now officially on sale. The price is $350 per person (Peak Prosperity’s premium subscribers receive a 20% discount)
I mentioned we need to sell at least 80 tickets to lock in this event with Joel’s team. Based on the results of the survey from last week, it looks like we’ll easily blow through that and actually be much more in danger of hitting the maximum capacity limit of 300 people.
So if you’re hoping to join us at this event, we strongly recommend purchasing your tickets soon.
It’s SO refreshing to know that, in just a few months, the Peak Prosperity tribe will be gathering at Joel Salatin’s Polyface Farm for an educational and social experience out in the sunshine of one of the most admired farms in America.
We sure hope to see you there!
What To Expect
Joel and the Polyface team will tailor the final curriculum to our interests. But programming we’re already discussing includes:
- Raising portable livestock & the systems required (fencing, water, shelter)
- Chickens (broilers)
- Chickens (layers)
- Processing poultry and rabbits on your own
- Soil Fertility
- Carbon economy
- Perennial root pulsing
- Designing your farmstead
- Reading the topography
- Placement for efficiency
- Access development
- Reading the topography
- Building essential farmstead structures
- Deep bedding
- Profiting from your woodlot
- Selecting to upgrade
- Using everything
- Milling on a band saw mill
- Developing farmstead water systems
- Leasing nearby properties for farmstead use
Day one will be fully packed with presentations, tours, and live demos on the farm. A fresh farm lunch and dinner will be included.
Day two will continue the learning, though also have intentional space for the PP tribe to socialize and enjoy each other’s company. Fresh farm lunch included.
This is an experience I’ve been trying to line up for years with Joel. If you’re interested in learning how to improve your own food production and Living Capital resilience, it really doesn’t get any better than this. There’s no better master on the subject alive today.
A Few Additional Important Details
- Joel and Polyface Farm are known for their libertarian approach to life. At this stage of COVID, they are leaving mask-wearing up to individual choice. Much of the weekend will be spent outdoors on farm tours and demonstrations; but if the thought of possibly being around others not wearing masks in late June concerns you, perhaps coming isn’t a good idea.
- If you need a reminder of the programming currently planned for this event, which will cover topics from boosting soil fertility to raising livestock, click here.
- A list of recommended lodging options (including some that offer a Polyface Farm discount) can be found here.
- I plan to attend this event along with my family. As best we know at this time, Chris is unlikely to make it. As a reminder: this is NOT a Peak Prosperity-led event like our annual seminars — so there won’t be presentations by Chris and me. This is a Polyface event being produced by Joel and team for the benefit of the Peak Prosperity tribe. Which is much better, as they know way more about the best practices of sustainable farming 🙂
- Peak Prosperity’s premium subscribers receive a 20% discount off of the $350/ticket price for this event. That’s a $70/ticket savings. If you’re not currently a premium subscriber, consider becoming one now by clicking here. If you purchase a monthly subscription for $30, you’ll then save more than 2x that per ticket on this event — plus enjoy PeakProsperity.com’s premium content.
We are super excited as this is an experience I’ve been trying to line up for years with Joel.
As a reminder, Polyface will let us bring 300 people max to this event. I hope you’re one of them!