- $235,000,000,000.00 Primary Dealers buying. Where is the money coming from?
- 5 Year Bond Auction Fails
- Notes on the Dollar….
- Another Piece of the Money Trail (TIC Data – White Paper on Page)
- Weak Treasury Sales Raise Worries About U.S. Debt Burden
- Option Arms
- Schumer Letter To Mary Shapiro (White paper)
- IMF-Latvia deal foundering
- Groundhog Day
- Bank "Making" Money and Cutting 10% of it’s Branches
- US, China have pointed questions in private
- Jim Rogers on TV Investment Advice (Video, Repost)
- Gold Coast CRE Meltdown Visualized (Slides)
- The "Jobless Recovery’s" Impact on the Hotel Industry (Video)
- Argentina (Video, H/T JAG)
Tag Archives: treasury
- Cash for Trash, Transparency & Accounting (Video)
- A.P. Cracks Down on Unpaid Use of Articles on Web
- Sprott: It’s the Real Economy, Stupid (White paper, Repost)
- The Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia destroys any last germinating green shoots (Video)
- Financial Reporting in Today’s Economy (Video)
- Treasury Auction Schedule
- Commercial construction down 71% in June
- Not many stocks powering the rally
- Bloomberg’s Weil on Proposed New FASB Mark-to-Market Initiative
- 7 Reasons not to trust the bull
- Preserve, Preserve, Preserve (Chart, catch the date, seen on Biiwii)
- BIS, The Central Bank of all Central Bankers: The Central Bank WAS Warned in 2003
- Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’
- Want to Know How to Go Broke?
- Treasury Position
- Glenn Beck and Ron Paul: Goldman Sachs (Video on page)
- Q&A : Janet Tavakoli (Video on page)
- CBO Projected Deficit, by Source (Char on page)
- TIC flows (Treasury International Capital) were NEGATIVE (White paper on page)
- MSNBC Video: False Economy (Video on page)
- JPM’s Dimon: CRE "Big deal for regional banks"
- Report: Record Foreclosure Activity in First Half
- Seasonally-adjusted jobless claims way down but…
Here is another past Martenson Report that I am now offering free to all registered users. It contains an explanation of the money flow between the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve and some recommended personal actions that you can take. Click on the following link to read the report.
- Russia, China to Promote Ruble, Yuan Use in Trade
- Suitcase With $134 Billion Puts Dollar on Edge: William Pesek
- Treasury to Auction $104 Billion In Debt Next Week, a Record
- The END of the US Dollar is NEAR
- Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) (Wiki Definition, H/T Fujisan)
- Money Laundering (Turning Dirty Money into Clean Money) (by Fujisan)
- Frontline – Macs and Breaking the Bank (Video)
- Definancialisation, deglobalisation, relocalisation (H/T Nonzeroone)
- Protectionism: Beijing starts a ‘Buy China’ policy
- 100 Stimulus Projects, A Second Opinion
- Hows Your Representative Doing With Our Economy? Give Them a Grade
- Historic Bond Market CRASH Underway…
- FSN Part 3A and 3 B June 13, 2009 Real, WinAmp, Windows, Mp3
- * * * * ABBY NORMAL (Repost)
- Inside Look – Investor Psychology (Video)
- How to fix Financial Television
- Hotel RevPAR off 22.9 Percent
- Fed: Household Net Worth Off $14 Trillion
- Retail Sales in May: Off 10.8% from May 2008
- Roubini’s RGE Monitor: Threat of ‘Asia-Style Crisis’ in Eastern Europe
- Update: What is a Depression?
- U.S. Treasury Receipts: Off 18% (fiscal) YTD
- New Tomato Plants In Old Milk Jugs: Planting Tomatoes Upside Down (Video)
- Solar Towers Could Power the Future: Solar Updraft Power Plants
- UPDATE: Bernanke is worried! HR 1207 to Audit the Federal Reserve is Gaining Momentum FAST!
- GDP Tanks & Birth Death CREATES More Jobs? (Chart from The Big Picture Blog)
- Why Weimar Ben Can’t Put the Inflation Genie Back in the Bottle (A MachineHead Masterpiece)
- 1 of every 6 dollars of Americans’ income is government check or voucher…
- Green Shoots, Red Ink, Black Hole (H/T SteveS)
- Foreclosure Starts Hit 1 Million For the Year (H/T TechGuy)
- Treasury Secretary is renting out his home in a tony New York suburb after the property went unsold for months (H/T Cat233)
- Market Reaction Hints At False Note In Jobs Report (H/T Mario Galante)
- The Myth of the Rational Market
- Video-o-rama: Figuring out the lie of the financial land
- HR 1207 Call-a-thon Underway – We’re already +1! (Up to 190 total – need 28 for majority) (Video)
There’s a new Martenson Report ready for enrolled members. This week I spell out the five high level elements that I regularly track to guide my understanding of where we are and where we are headed.
- What can we expect next, and how will we recognize it?
- A series of sharp, interrupted shocks is more likely than a major sudden collapse.
- Five game-changing events, what I call The Five Horsemen, will indicate that the rules have changed and a new reality is about to take over:
- The First Horseman: New credit growth falls below interest payments
- The Second Horseman: The Fed monetizes debt
- The Third Horseman: Government spending exceeds 10% of GDP
- The Fourth Horseman: The dollar goes down, while interest rates go up
- The Fifth (and final) Horseman: US debt becomes denominated in foreign currencies
Severe structural damage has already been inflicted on our economy. As I wrote two weeks ago in It Has Hit the Fan:
If you have been waiting for further confirmation about the direction of the economy, or waiting for a sign that it’s now time to get serious about preparing for a future filled with less, this report is written for you.
You are living in the midst of the collapse of western economies, which are moving from a more complicated state to a less complicated one. This is it. Keep a journal, because it’s happening right now.
After the Great Depression, many people remarked that it was only obvious in retrospect. While it was unfolding, things steadily eroded. But 75% of the workforce remained employed, while hopeful signs of progress were constantly trotted out by various politicians, private economists, and official-sounding government agencies. It is often quite difficult to appreciate the true magnitude of sweeping change while it is occurring.
The most pressing question now is this: What can we expect next, and when?
In this report, I will give you the precise combination of macro-events that will cause me to issue an alert and kick my thinking and actions into new orbits.
- Manipulation, Anyone?
- 1 in 8 homeowners in foreclosure or late
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures, Rates Increase
- World’s Eighth-Largest Economy wants federal government to back its loans
- 30-Year Treasury Bond Collapses
- New Home Sales: The Distressing Gap (Chart)
- Existing Home Sales
- What goes UP 3 times faster than GOLD?
- Why Diss Economic Forecastors ?
- Green homeowner hit with noise abatement order because 40ft wind turbine is driving his neighbours mad