Tag Archives: Peak Prosperity
What Should I Do?Cesspool Book Cover
The new novel by Phil Williams
by Phil Williams
Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 3:36 PM
Peak Prosperity is featured in the new novel, Cesspool. The main character reads the daily digest, is aware of the 3E's, and invests in precious metals. Cesspool is available to U.S.-based Peak Prosperity readers for free Tuesday, July 26th through Saturday, July 30th, and heavily discounted for international members. Click the link below to go to the free deal. For international members, I set the price as low as possible in all the Amazon international stores. I am unable to set the price to free internationally at this time.
Assessing the challenges that come along with opportunity
by Adam Taggart
Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 7:33 AM
A fresh look at our mission
Friday, August 10, 2012, 6:44 PM
With a new site and a number of new irons in the fire, Adam and I thought it a good time to revisit and renew the mission behind this movement.
Simply put, our mission is to create a world worth inheriting. By this we mean a clean, healthy living environment, a durable economy, and prosperous opportunities for all who participate with us. That's our big, lofty aim.
At heart, our view is that our policies, uses, and practices in all of the Three “E”s are unsustainable. One cannot forever grow non-renewable resource use in a finite world. The exponential nature of that growth just hastens things along.
Because of hard constraints, our exponential money and debt systems are on a collision course with reality. We will first and most immediately — and personally — experience the deleterious effects of this in what we call 'the economy' in the form of stagnant growth, rising unemployment, and various ills and maladies within the financial markets.
This is just another way of saying that very big changes are coming our way. In fact, they are here already.
The simple conclusion is that we must either change our habits and ways on our own terms — or on Nature's. We face a future that will be shaped either by disaster or design.
Here at Peak Prosperity, we are solidly behind the idea of positive change made on our own terms and that we are each responsible for whatever future is created.
There are a number of things that we absolutely have to do in order to achieve our mission. And at the top of the list is reaching and influencing a lot of people (millions upon millions) and doing so effectively.
Welcome to Peak Prosperity!
After more than a year of planning and hard work, we're thrilled to share this new site with you.
What We Focused On
Our principal goals for Peak Prosperity are to offer a better user experience than ChrisMartenson.com (our recently-retired previous site — may it rest in peace, *sniff*), and to introduce solutions for the needs most-frequently voiced by our readers for over the years.
We gave priority to on the following benefits when building this site:
- make it more intuitive to navigate & find what you're looking for
- improve our ability to deliver more content, more frequently to our readers
- clarify our brand, our positive vision, and what we stand for
- better empower resiliency-building at the personal and community level
- improve site performance, stability & reliability
What To Look For
As you start to use the new site, keep your eye out for the following enhancements:
- New brand – we chose Peak Prosperity and its supporting tagline and logo in order to be much more overt that, despite the warnings within the Crash Course, our mission is one of purposeful optimism and gain for those willing to take control of their future. The core message is: ""Even in the era of Peak Everthing, you CAN prosper"". It just involves assuming responsibility for your destiny, as well as expanding your definition of what ""prosperity"" means beyond simply the number of dollars in your bank account.
- New look & feel – the design of the site sought to combine the best practices of website usability with a clean, appealing look. The layout is much more inituitive, much cleaner and less cluttered. And the friendly, calming color scheme complements well the postive message at the heart of our brand.
- More visible content – if you look at the front page of Peak Prosperity, you'll see 9 headlines before having to scroll down the page. That's 8 more headlines than were visible when landing on ChrisMartenson.com! We also make it much easier to know which content is available to everyone, and which is only availble to our enrolled users (enrolled content has a diffentiated golden color scheme, as well as ""$"" icons and sashes associated with it).
- Easier-to-read content – we've added design changes as well as introduced new tools that make the article content we do have easier to read. For instance, you can now easily increase or decrease the font size of any article you're reading. It's also simple to print out a ""printer-friendly"" version of the article for reading when away from your computer.
- Enhanced Comments – the most notable change here is the new ability to vote on comments that you like. We then surface the highest-rated ones as ""Popular Comments"", so can easily find the day's best gems of wisdom. We've also dramatically increased the number of comments per page, so you're not having to continuously click to new pages to follow the conversation on a post or forum.
- Dedicated Section to Resiliency Building – our new Resilient Life section is accessed by clicking the ""Prepare"" tab in the site header. That brings you to a home screen for all our resiliency content and resources. Some of those reasoures, like the What Should I Do? series, are familiar to you. But a number of important ones are new:
- Groups – Groups allow you to (finally!) easily located other like-minded individuals in your area to collaborate with. And they also let you connect with others around a specific topic, passion or skill. Watch the brief tour of Groups in Video #3 below.
- Wikis – our new wikis are primers that contain the collective knowledge of the Peak Prosperity community on many of the most important topics related to buidling personal resiliency. Video #3 below also gives you a brief tour of the Wikis.
- Daily Prep – similar to the Daily Digest, it's a compendium of resiliency-related headlines that catch our attention each day.
- Locating users by expertise – looking for a seasoned gardiner to bounce a question off of? Would you love to check with a car-maintenace junkie before sending your car into the shop? You user account now let's you identify any expertise or skills you're willing to let the community know you have. We'll soon allow you to search users by expertise, so you can find expert minds to tap when the need arises.
- Better site search – many of you will be relieved to hear we've updated the horsepower behind our site search. Now, you'll actually get results relevant to what you're looking for.
- Better spam protection – we've put in new security measures that should foil most spam posters attacking the site. The tradeoff here is, you will occaisionally find yourself prompted to prove you're a human when submitting a comment to the site. It shouldn't be an inconvenience outweighing the benefit of freedom from spam, but let us know if you find you disagree.
- More social media options – we've added Google+ to our portfolio of ways to follow us via social media. You'll now find Google+ and LinkedIn 'share' buttons at the top of every article, along with Facebook and Twitter. Our popular YouTube channel is getting a makeover as well.
- Warmly welcoming new users to the site – for those interested in referring people to this site, we've created a nice onboarding experience for those new to Peak Prosperity. If you're logged out, just look for the tab in the upper right corner of the site that says ""New user? Start here"". If you're already logged in, you can access it by clicking here.
How To Use The New Site
If you haven't watched them already, spend a few minutes watching these overviews of the new site.
Groups & Wikis
What You Should Do Right Now
If you have a few moments, here's what you should do right now (provided you're interested, of course):
- Visit Groups and search for a local group in your area. If one exisits, join it. If not, create one yourself for others in your area to join
- Update your Peak Prosperity user account with any skills you care to share
- go to your user account and click on the ""Personal Information"" tab
Thanking Those Behind the Curtain
Finally, we'd like to thank those who made this site possible.
With deep appreciation, we'd like to acknowledge the professional talent involved in designing and building this site — namely the Shimshock Group, Ann Stringer Design, and Ward Hooper. In particular, we're grateful for the expertise, perseverance, and patience (!) of Ron Shimshock which were critical in making our vision reality.
They are all looking forward to some well-deserved sleep now that this site is live. A few more minutes and I'll join them..
We hope you find this new site as useful as we intend it to be. We're sure there are likely to be some kinks to work out, so please be liberal with your feedback. We've place a blue Feedback link at the left of every page — so if you have a thought to share or see something not working the way it should, please use it to give us a heads up.
Chris and I and the rest of the Peak Prosperity team are very excited about where — in partnership with you, our members — we'll be able to go with this new site. It's certainly going to be a big asset to our misson of helping to create a future worth inheriting.
At long last, the new site is ready for launch!
We’re very proud and excited about it. There’s a lot to bring you up to speed on, so let’s dive right in.
First: while we migrate over to the new site over the next several days, this ChrisMartenson.com site will be frozen in “read only” mode — meaning you won’t be able to post comments to articles or Forum threads, or purchase an enrollment.
The migration process should take 2-3 days. Once it’s completed, the new site will replace this one. We’re hoping everything is up and running by Friday (but you never know how complicated switchovers like this will go, so please keep your fingers crossed!).
Second: here’s what WON’T be changing with the new site — all of the past ChrisMartenson.com content will be available on the new site. All of the articles, comments, guides, Forum threads, etc on the site today will still readily be found after we make the site switchover.
You should look at this new site as keeping all of the things you like about ChrisMartenson.com, AND adding a bunch of new improvements and features to make the experience even better.
Third: so what should you expect from the new site?
Uncertainty and anxiety have returned to the financial markets. Gold is down 18% from its high last year, and silver down over 40%. Europe is a powder keg and Greece a smoldering fuse. An Asian slowdown is happening in real-time before our eyes. Energy prices remain stubbornly elevated. Dangerously high unemployment persists in many countries and consumer confidence is again on the wane. Housing prices show no signs of rebounding anytime soon. Budget woes are accelerating at both the federal and state level. The cost of key essentials for living (food, fuel, medical care) and taxes relentlessly march upwards.
In the midst of all this, we’re hearing many longtime readers ask: What should I be doing now?
The short answer is: making the most of the time you have today, putting into action your prioritized plans to increase the resiliency of yourself, your family and community.
This is the focus of our last weekend seminar of 2012, which will be held a month from now, from June 29-July 1.
If you don’t yet have your plan together, or could use some help in re-grounding yourself on what steps to take and how to prioritize them, you should really consider this opportunity.
Fresh off of a very successful seminar weekend at Rowe in March, we’re gearing up for the last seminar we plan to offer this year.
It will be at the beautiful Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, located in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts, at a wonderful time of year:
We’re very excited to have been invited to conduct our workshop at such a well-regarded and respected destination as Kripalu, where internationally-known speakers like Deepak Chopra present regularly.
This June, we’ll be building on the new material we debuted at Rowe, which addresses how we are much farther along the “Three E” timeline than when the Crash Course videos were created four years ago.