In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and Mish Shedlock discuss:
- A Study In Failure Of The State
- Chris shares his on-the-ground observations from So. America
- It Can Happen Here
- Mish shares his on-the-ground observations from Illinois
- Virtually All The Macroeconomic Data Is Miserable
- Yet the Fed & the markets are acting like everything's great
- The Approaching Minsky Moment
- It's a matter of if, not when
This week's Off The Cuff discussion is an interesting one. Both Chris and Mish have front-row seats to two failing governments — Chris in Argentina, and Mish in Illinois. It feels to them like they are getting a preview of the economic pain soon to come to the rest of the world.
Both are *very* concerned that citizens and investors across the globe are being duped by the (lack of) signals and messages today's ""markets"" are providing. Looking at the steady drumbeat of bad & worsening macroeconomic data, as well as the immense gap between fundamentals and asset prices, Chris and Mish are as confident as they have ever been that a massive painful reset is nigh. But too many of our leaders, and too much of the public, remain complacent/ignorant (willfully or not) regarding this risk.
Their conclusion? The world is woefully unprepared for the Minsky moment headed its way.
Click to listen to a sample of this Off the Cuff Podcast or Enroll today to access the full audio and other premium content today.