I want to draw your attention to the announcement for a weekend long Crash Course seminar in Virginia, coming up this April (24-26).
You can also view this seminar announcement at any time by clicking on the link located on the upper right side of this page under "Upcoming Events."
The poster you know as "Cat" has graciously offered to handle most of the arrangements. Thank you, Cat!
The Crash Course: Thriving in Any Future
For those who missed Rowe in February: A Crash Course seminar will be held in April in a beautiful, remote, rustic conference center in Lowesville VA (about one hour from Charlottesville)
CrossRoads Camp and Conference Center
2247 Little Piney Road
Lowesville, VA 22967
April 24 (Friday), dinner begins at 6:00, conference at 7:30
April 25 (Saturday), morning until night and maybe then some.
April 26 (Sunday), lunch at 12:00, leave at your own pace after that.
To reserve your spot, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page. To have your questions answered, please contact Katherine (Cat) Hartman at:
- 757-471-7800 or
- [email protected]
- 50% deposit required, payment in full by the start of the seminar.
Cost (this is all inclusive – seminar, materials, lodging and six meals):
- Cabin (shared accommodations) – $385 with linens; $375 without linens
- Double occupancy in hotel – $440 (This is the per person rate if you have two people in a room.)
- Triple occupancy in hotel – $415
- Quadruple occupancy in hotel – $405
Prerequisites prior to arrival at the seminar:
- You must watch the Crash Course (yes, the whole thing)
- You must complete the Self-Assessment
The conference center is both remote and rustic, yet has all the necessary facilities for a great weekend seminar. Our experience at Rowe is that a sense of isolation from the rest of the world helps to create the right environment for the learnings and discussions we will be conducting.
Description of the seminar:
The seminar builds upon the Crash Course. We will spend minimal time on the details of the existing Crash Course material itself, instead focusing on the larger implications of the material as well as on new data and conclusions.
We will provide you with tools that you can use to identify where people (yourself included) are in the process of adjusting to the new reality. This will help you take actions to prepare yourself, locate, and work with others who share your outlook. We will provide training on how to go from "alone" to "connected," using the extensive trial and error experiences of Chris and Becca as a model.
In parallel, we will examine the closely held, and often unexamined, beliefs that prevent us from believing our own eyes and taking necessary actions.
The basic elements we will cover are (note: this is not the agenda):
- The Crash Course major themes; their interconnections and implications
- Inflation vs. Deflation
- Other current events that are currently in the news
- "Our Story" – What Chris and Becca did to prepare and how they did it
- The Six Stages of Awareness (in greater detail)
- Working through the Self-Assessment worksheets in small group settings
- Separating facts, opinions, and beliefs
- Limiting vs. enhancing beliefs – which do you hold right now?
- The Crash Course Toolbox
- Predicaments vs problems
- Naming fears
- A vision for the future
- Operating in groups – the importance of community
- The path forward
Each of these either represents a discrete seminar element or a thread that will be woven throughout the weekend. We may add or subtract elements before or during the seminar if warranted.
We hope you can join us!