You Pick Kochs, I Pick Obama and Hillary
Home › Forums › DISCUSS › Current News & Events › Book Review: The Mysterious Collapse of World Trade Center 7 › You Pick Kochs, I Pick Obama and Hillary
The List of 25 you came up is very interesting Chris. As a side commentary, I can pick out a BS i.e. not critical and rational argument from a mile away without the list, but I found it very interesting. I guess I also just like lists.
I do find it interesting that you immediately leapt to the "Koch Brothers" (just like Mr. Reid of Nevada) and global warming, as I am not aware of any public disinformation campaign that they are supporting. Not saying it's not metaphysically possible the dreaded Koch brothers are funding a covert op.
But rather than the Koch brothers, Benghazi came immediately to mind as a far more appropriate example. The same could be said for the IRS scandal, the NSA spying scandal, the running of guns to Mexican cartels, so many to choose. The playbook is the same. But to wit:
1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Apparently Benghazi is a dead issue for the mainstream media, as there is virtually no reporting of it, despite consequential emails directly and clearly pointing to the White House coming out.
2. Become incredulous and indignant. "What difference does it make!!!" (need I say more?)
3. Create rumor mongers. Nancy Pelosi- "Benghazi is a WITCH HUNT".
4. Use a straw man. " I said Benghazi was a terrorist attack the very next day in the Rose Garden"- Obama. A bald-faced, provable lie. But the idea of Dear Leader Obama as terrorist hunter is a good straw man.
5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. "The Republicans don't like Obama because he's black" "they are a bunch of racists".
6. Hit and Run. "That was like two years ago, dude"
7. Question motives. See Number 5..
8. Invoke authority. "I was in the Situation Room in close contact with my Defense Department staff. You weren't there and don't know what you are talking about".
9. Play Dumb. "Well, we all know that running the State Department and the Oval Office is a very busy job, and you can't expect a person to be on top of everything. They have people under them that are supposed to do these things for them."
10. Associate opponent charges with old news. "The Benghazi hearings are a witch hunt. We had numerous hearings and we already know the facts."
11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions. "The President said Benghazi was a terrorist attack the very next day in the Rose Garden. He takes terrorism very seriously and is doing everything possible to prevent another attack."
12. Enigmas have no solution. "There was a lot of confusion that night in Libya after Qaddafi, and we don't know who the rebels were going to align with."
13. Alice in Wonderland Logic. "Our American ambassadors and State Department staff were murdered by a band of spontaneous protestors who were angry about a low-budget, not widely publicized, barely watched Youtube video some unknown guy in California made."
14. Demand complete solutions. "We will not rest until ALL the perpetrators of the Benghazi murders are captured."
15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions. See Number 13.
16. Vanish evidence and witnesses. Eric Holder- "We're going to need to order some more cases of redacting ink!."
17. Change the subject. "The President is focused on issues the American people care about." .
18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents. "Benghazi is a witch hunt only proceeding because the President is black."'
19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. See thousands of pages of direct testimony by those close to the scene."
20. False evidence. See Number 13. One Youtube video goes a long way.
21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor, or other empowered investigative body. "A California man was arrested today on charges of parole violation. He also happens to be the producer of an inflammatory youtube video making fun of Muslims."
22. Manufacture a new truth. See Number 13..
23. Create bigger distractions. "The President today went on a national tour to promote equal pay for women, and increasing the minimum wage."
24. Silence critics. "Paul Ryan was criticized today by multiple sources due to insensitive comments about inner city culture." "Darryl Issa was criticized today by multiple sources due to his treatment of Elijah Cummings in a House hearing today."
25. Vanish. "Hillary Clinton resigned her position as Secretary of State today, to pursue other opportunities."
I'm kind of leaning toward we were secretly running weapons into Libya to disrupt Qaddafi's regime (similarities to Ukraine, no?), and when we learned the extent of how many weapons went to Al Qaida soldiers, we got concerned due to the obvious PR issues, and tried to get the weapons back. The Al Qaida forces didn't like that idea so much and reacted by murdering our ambassador when they found out what he was trying to do. But what do I know, I'm just a racist idiot.