In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and Wolf Richter discuss:
- Tesla As A Symbol Of Silicon Valley
- Way more hype than substance right now
- Are Central Banks Really Starting To Tighten?
- It's looking like indeed so
- How The Rising Dollar Is Killing Emerging Markets
- It's just math. Really cruel math.
- Popping Of The Global Housing Bubble?
- Australia may be leading the way down
The Fed has reduced its balance sheet so far this year to the tune of $100 billion, and is hoping to be reducing at the rate of $50 billion per month by October. The ECB has announced it will stop making purchases by the end of the year. And, surpringly, even the profligate Bank of Japan is showing signs of reducing its balance sheet.