In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and Charles Hugh Smith discuss:
- Cultural Capital
- How will those around you react during a crisis?
- The Fragility Within Our Centralized System
- Lots of dependencies that can fail & bring the entire system to a halt
- Musical Chairs
- Who will have to eat the bad debts when the can can no longer be kicked?
- The Importance Of Global Capital Flows
- They're determining the price of everything
As 2017 kicks off, Chris sits down with Charles to discuss some of the big themes likely to drive events in this new year. The two focus on the growing instability of our centralized systems — economic, energy and otherwise — and pay particular attention to the impact that the huge pool of money sloshing around the world is having on prices everywhere. Right now, that flood of capital — out of bonds and into stocks, the dollar, etc — is the primary driver of prices. Of course, this should make us ask: what will happen when those flows change direction? Or instead of continuing to grow, start receding?
Click to listen to a sample of this Off the Cuff Podcast or Enroll today to access the full audio and other premium content today.