In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and Axel Merk discuss:
- Bye, Bye Fisher
- The Fed's Vice Chair steps down
- Bye, Bye Yellen?
- Axel thinks Fisher's departure signals Janet Yellen will be out, too
- No Decision-makers Left
- Everyone is on the same train when it comes to the "markets"
- The Future Of The Dollar, Euro, Yuan & Gold
- Old correlations no longer hold
Chris and Axel cover lots of ground in this week's Off The Cuff with lots of recent seismic moves — China's yuan-for-oil-for-gold announcement, the latest ECB statement, the resignation of Stanley Fisher (which may presage Yellen's exit when her term is up in early 2018. Things are shifting quickly in the markets, geo-politically, in the world economy — even in the weather. Axel warns that the long-standing relationships we've all become accustomed to are fading, and that we need to be prepared for different outcomes from what we're used to.