In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and John Rubino discuss:
- Moral Hazard
- We've unwisely insulated the banks from the repercussions of their actions
- The Protected Class & Rising Populist Anger
- In many ways, the elite today are above the law. And public resentment is brewing.
- Global Debt Is Accelerating
- Wherever the breaking point is, we're now going to hit it sooner
- The Coming Tech Wreck
- Faith in the FAANGs is higher than ever. That's dangerous.
By insulating the players from the consequences of their actions, we've created the incentive to take extreme risk in the puruit of extreme profit. Why shouldn't the banks manipulate the system if their worst punishment is a weak slap on the wrist?