In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and Charles Hugh Smith discuss:
- The Approaching Energy Crisis
- It's not a matter of if, but when
- The Approaching Debt Crisis
- There's no escaping it
- The Unfolding Resource Crisis
- Scarcity is growing in nearly every system
- The Inevitability of DeGrowth
- We're going to have to transition, whether we want to or not
This week's podcast is a particularly sobering one. Chris and Charles discuss the inevitable arrival of several approaching crises: declining net energy, too much debt, and depleting key natural resources.
What this mean is that "DeGrowth" in our near-term future. As a global population, we are simply going to have to learn to do more with less: either on our terms or Mother Nature's.