Is your senator a bankster?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Is your senator a bankster?

What we have now is a group of politicians with shifting alliances on a case-by-case basis to the special interests who fund them. And currently, the most damaging one to our nation is the rise of the Bankster Party. Thankfully, we can now better identify its members.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/05/is-your-senator-a-bankster/?utm_sou...

strabes's picture
strabes
Re: Is your senator a bankster?

uh...they put Rockefeller in the people's party.   uh....[stutter]...ummm....[stutter]

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

I don't think I could agree with that list, at least based upon my knowledge of some of the senators on it. In my opinion, it is fairly safe to assume that they are all "banksters", until proven otherwise.

John99's picture
John99
strabes wrote:

uh...they put Rockefeller in the people's party.   uh....[stutter]...ummm....[stutter]

A great site to actually see how politicians voted, is: http://votetrackers.com/

Here, under West Virginia, we see Rockefeller voted 'yes' on:

Banker Bailout ($700Billion),

Stimulus Bill ($820Billion)

Cash for Clunkers

HealthCare

docmims's picture
docmims

I eagerly read this article.  Finally some good information, but Senator Rockefeller is among the Federal Reserve owners.  I am glad to see he can put his financial health aside and vote for the "people".

As for all these "reform" bills.  The first half of the bill provides new "oversight" the last half of the bill provides loopholes to neuter it from harming the "influential" rich and otherwise.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop

This is a kind of  "is the pope Catholic?", question.  Every senator with the sole exception of Ron Paul appears to be at least allied with banksters.

FinPro's picture
FinPro

I've contacted my reps/senators twice in the past 2 years.  Once to say 'NO' to the bailout and once to say 'YES' to Brown-Kaufman.  The vote tally was odd, though.  I haven't read anything, or seen a quote from Richard Shelby (R-AL) as to why he voted yes.  Of all the...?  It was a "snap" vote in that it was unexpected, the kind of timing for a vote that the leadership wants to thwart the momentum of before it gets out of hand.  It was introduced in, what, the 3rd week of April and still got 33, of 51, votes.

The banning of Credit Default Swaps amendment, introduced by Senator Dorgan, appears not to have been accepted for debate.  "Progressives" are getting testy:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/progressives-buck-democratic-leaders-on-wall-street-reform.php

First, is it really progressive to unwind that portion of the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000?  Some swaps can be argued for, but naked betting on assets for which there is no insured interest was originally outlawed in 1907.  We went almost a hundred years before bringing back the wild speculation that put AIG-FP on the map.  And its "progressive" to try and unwind that? 

Because they're not "insurance" by any regulatory standard, their sellers get out of having to adequately capitalize.  But what do CDS do?  They pay out based upon event risk...  It took all of 9 years for this bomb to go off the fist time...

It's sad the "progressives" are nearly alone on some of these things.  Their solutions often amount to the restoration of black and white laws that seem like the only conservative, cronie-free, thing to do.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments