This is your chance to take action - Abolish The Federal Reserve Act of 1913

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
This is your chance to take action - Abolish The Federal Reserve Act of 1913

OK, folks. A lot of you have been asking what you can do besides starting a garden and buying gold/silver/guns/ammo, etc.

This is a link to a petition that currently has a paltry number of signatures (mine is number 5,930) for a country of 300 million. To make your voice heard, this number needs to increase significantly (I would prefer exponentially).

If you believe in what the petition states (and if you're reading this, you probably do) then add your signature to mine and spread the word to all your friends, relatives, co-workers, etc., etc., etc.

http://www.petitiononline.com/fedres/petition.html

Remember, even inaction is an action.

If you won't even add your name to a petition that espouses what you believe in, then you are definitely one of the lost.

BTW, I found this petition via Mish's web site under "Featured Links": http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen
Re: This is your chance to take action - Abolish The ...

Thanks.  I wanna read through it, but don't have time right now.  Good to know there's a movement for this beyond just this site...

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

OOH!... Also, I wanna say, you get more bang for your buck by signing the petition and also copying and pasting it into an e-mail to your representatives.  If everyone who signed it did THAT there'd be a much bigger stir amongst congress than just getting a petition.  Just fyi...

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Thanks Sam, I just signed it. I hope everyone here does the same. Will try and pass it on to others. We need this to grow bigtime. Take the time to sign it. Please!

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Thanks Sam!

Sent to my email address book and congress persons (not that they'll do anything about it...losers).

that1guy's picture
that1guy

First let me say I like the point of the petition....but it seems to have many flaws in it...

'Closely examine how the SBUS engineered this cycle of prosperity and depression. The central bank caused inflation by creating debt/money for loans and credit and making these funds readily available. The economy boomed. Then they used the inflation which they created as an excuse to shut off the loans/credit/money. (this is not how this happened...no time right now to comment further [at work])EDIT: this here also implies that the Fed should have thrown more money at problems....the fact is the banks were failing [due to the collapse in the market as we all know, I'm staying general for now] in turn causeing the money supply to contract, not the Fed taking money away. I know it looks like I am defending the Fed, but thats not my intentions here. I simply believe that a petition that is to be circulated throughout the nation and into congress should at least be accutate

The resulting shortage of cash caused the economy to falter or slow dramatically and large numbers of business and personal bankruptcies resulted. The central bank then seized the assets used as security for the loans. The wealth created by the borrowers during the boom was then transferred to the central bank during the bust. And you always wondered how the big guys ended up with all the marbles. (EDIT: yes it did, but it needed to happen due to the bubble. Unfortunitly in stepped FDR after Hoover....also still staying general for now)

Now, who do you think is responsible for all of the ups and downs in our economy over the last 85 years? Think about the depression of the late '20s and all through the '30s. The FED could have pumped lots of debt/money into the market to stimulate the economy and get the country back on track, but did they? No; in fact, they restricted the money supply quite severely. We all know the results that occurred from that action, don't we? ' (this implies they SHOULD be printing trillions like they are now and always have been...or maybe I'm missing the point?)

'Do you think they will do it again?

Just as an aside at this point, look at today's economy. Markets are declining. Why? Because the FED has been very liberal with its debt/credit/money. The market was hyper inflated. Who creates inflation? The FED. How does the FED deal with inflation? They restrict the debt/credit/money. What happens when they do that? The market collapses' (Although correct in general, this comment also misses the point.)

'Gold is generally considered to be a hedge against more severe economic conditions. Do you think that the private banking families that own the FED are buying or selling equities at this time? (Remember: buy low, sell high.) How much money do you think these FED owners have made since they restricted the money supply at the top of this last current cycle?' (when was the last time they restricted money?)

I may still sign this one, but am not sure if this is the letter I want going to congress in mass. It seems to miss the reasoning...

For now, I must go back to work, but I will be back soon. Thanks Sam for the link, this is deffinitly in the right direction...

Mike

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

I think it is a great idea to sign a petition to abolish the Fed.  I'd love to see a huge number of signers - let it go viral!

One problem is that there are at least several separate petitions out there.  They should consolidate their efforts somehow, in order to funnel our signatures into one big bucket.

For example, the "End the Fed" website, www.endthefed.us, also has a petition.  I'm not sure how many signatures they have but I know that they have a network of over 900 "signatures gatherers" pushing the word.  I suspect they have as many or more signatures as anyone else.  

I'm e-mailing "End the Fed" to ask what, if any, co-ordination is taking place between the different petitions.

Larry

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

that1guy said:

First let me say I like the point of the petition....but it seems to have many flaws in it...

That is one thing I don't like about many petitions - the wording.  It should be as short and to the point as possible and not laced with someone's personal preferences.  

Larry

mikek31's picture
mikek31

Just a quick reply to this.  I really think we need to audit the Fed first before we do any abolishing.  If you expose it to the people for the criminal syndicate it is, you thereby expose the rest of the fraudulent banking system and alphabet soup programs like the SEC.  At this point, it's the only way you can clean the system out and purge the debt.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

mikek31 said:

I really think we need to audit the Fed first before we do any abolishing.

Mike, I have to disagree.  The Federal Reserve is an insult to common sense, a breach of our constitution and has ruined our economy.  They have failed their charter by every measure and we should fire them ASAP with no further grounds required.  

I agree an audit should also be performed, preferably as part of a criminal investigation.

Larry

mikek31's picture
mikek31

One way or another, I'd like to see an investigation and justice doled out.  I just can't see enough support in Congress for abolishing the Fed no matter how many petitions are signed, but I can see an audit leading up to a swift abolishment.  And I can see Obama vetoing any of these bills, unless an angry mob storms the White House with pitchforks.

that1guy's picture
that1guy
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

that1guy said:

That is one thing I don't like about many petitions - the wording.  It should be as short and to the point as possible and not laced with someone's personal preferences.  

Larry

yes exactly, especially if it is something that is gonna go viral, and possibly copied and sent to the morons in Congress (minus Dr Paul of coarse). It needs to be short, to the point, and accurate <---minus so many personal opinions, these letters need to stick to the facts...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments