Wow! A stimumus package for me? (No...)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
propamanda's picture
propamanda
Wow! A stimumus package for me? (No...)
I saw an ad for this the other day the other day on www.PeakProsperity.com and clicked on it because I was suspicious and wanted the real story.
Sounds like a bunch of BS.
Again today, I saw the ad here.  In fact, I'm looking at it right now at the top right hand corner of my screen.  I figured I would do some simple research and get the real deal.
Results:
There's no bailout "grant" for you.
It's an internet scam
Please note that I do not in ANY way hold Chris Martenson or the people who help to run this site responsible for the content of this ad.  It's just showing up because he uses Google's Ad service and the scam was placed at Google's level.  I completely understand that Chris needs the ad space to help raise money and I support that effort.  (In fact, I may have supported it by clicking on the ad, which at least represents some good coming from this thing).  I just find it a little ironic that it's appearing here of all places.
Just thought I would share my findings.  It seems that scammers are already finding ways to use this bailout nonsense to prey on the vulnerable. 
Amanda
Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: Wow! A stimulus package for me? (No...)

Amanda -

Good points made.  I do know that you don't see the ads if you are a subscribed member.  Mrs. Dogs subscribes and doesn't get anything hung on her pages from Ads by Google.  The only thing that shows up is the referral link to Amazon and that's legit.

Wouldn't it be nice if the effort put into scams was channelled into something productive?

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Re: Wow! A stimumus package for me? (No...)

For Amanda and anyone else who might notice an ad that you feel does not belong on our site, please read the FAQ entry on this topic.  (And there is a lot of other good info in the FAQ, with new things added on an ongoing basis, so make that your first stop if you have a question about the site).

We generally have no way of knowing about such ads unless a reader brings them to our attention.  Please e-mail us immediately if you see an ad that should be evaluated for removal. Be sure to tell us the destination URL of the ad so that we can find and block it if necessary.  Thanks for your understanding and your help with this.

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

Amanda, what happened to your "chief cook and bottle washer" status ?  !!

There is a huge amount of scam around from desperate people trying to feed on others' desperation.  My email in box is full of winning lotto tickets and the like, that seem to get past my spam protector.  Everyone needs to be very very careful in these times.  I suspect it will get worse.

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Amanda V wrote:

Amanda, what happened to your "chief cook and bottle washer" status ?  !!

LOL - I wondered if anyone really even notices those things...you're not the first to comment on it, so I guess people do. :) Chris' team has expanded recently and so I can't claim to be the "Everything Girl" anymore.

I still can't think of a good "title" that encompasses what I do here, so I'll probably change it again before long...

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

Amanda - Maybe we should brainstorm some ideas and you can pick your title depending on your mood each day ?

How about "Nearly everything girl"  Or "One of the chief cooks and bottle washers",  Or "Extremely important helper" Or "Gofor" ... ?

How about having a function on the site under "my profile" so we can all have fun changing our status ? ! 

propamanda's picture
propamanda

Wow.

This has totally become a forum of the Amandas. We're taking over.

Anyway, I will definitely let Amanda # 1 know via the email address given if I see any more of these things.  In retrospect, I guess I should have reported it the moment I noticed (oops. sorry).  It's definitely not appearing anymore.  

Thanks for taking care of business.

Amanda  

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Alright now - isn't there some kind of rule in the sticky about how many Amandas we can have posting in the the same thread at the same time??Tongue out

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman

Hmm.  I like "Amanda #1."  I'm open to ideas, though.  :)

Brainless's picture
Brainless

I deal with adds like those differently. I e-mail it to all my friends and we click on those ads all day long, financially ruining them, we are not with enough people yet but growing. Of course google and the site owner gets richer, but better them then the scammer.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments