The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer
The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman

I just watched Prof Friedman on tpt (iowa public television) and found a youtube video of the same talk:

The World is Flat by Thomas Freidman -Prof. Friedman explains the chain of events that have flattened the playing field and explains the future of jobs and place for America in the future. Interesting take on globalization and how we make it work for us. An insightful take on society's role now that technology has flattened the world.

It sure beat watching nci =)

ao's picture
ao
Re: The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman
EndGamePlayer wrote:

I just watched Prof Friedman on tpt (iowa public television) and found a youtube video of the same talk:

The World is Flat by Thomas Freidman -Prof. Friedman explains the chain of events that have flattened the playing field and explains the future of jobs and place for America in the future. Interesting take on globalization and how we make it work for us. An insightful take on society's role now that technology has flattened the world.

Ever read Bill Bonner taking potshots at Tom Freidman?  It's hysterical.  If you haven't already, check out The Daily Reckoning.

tx_floods's picture
tx_floods

Love Bill Bonner! SmileI thought I was the only one, since I rarely, if ever, see his column in the Daily Digest.

goes211's picture
goes211

I just finished "Empire of Debt" and his discussion of Friedman was pretty funny.  It is going to be hard to take him very serious in the future.

npwebb's picture
npwebb

You can add me to the list of Bill Bonner/AF fans.

He was spot on with his last trade of the decade.  We'll see if he can maintain his batting average for the new decade.

cycling_in_hollywood's picture
cycling_in_hollywood

Are you serious, he is still talking about that stuff?

That was real insightful alright...about 10 years ago maybe. 

EndGamePlayer wrote:

woody's picture
woody

Friedman is like a meteorologist:

Very good at describing the current weather, but unable to forcast, or at least: always wrong..

Woody

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer

Every body's gotta be a critic =)

Being in the green industry - and thinking about going in-house production to free up my time, I enjoyed the lecture. And, in his defense - he was on target (in 2006) to depict the education of India, China and the lack of it in the US.

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

I will confess to being late to this conversation,  I read Friedman a while back and was unfamiliar with Bonner.

I don't agree with all Friedman says, by a long shot,  but Bonner's articles (I only read 5) are all lambasting larelgy personal attacks on how stupid Friedman is and how bad his writing is,  but I could find nothing substantive that actually critiqued the work.

Can one of you Bonner fans link me to something other than a name calling diatribe?

tx_floods's picture
tx_floods

Are you reading Daily Reckoning? I don't think he's called any names in a few weeks. His next trade of the decade is to "Sell bonds/Buy Japanese Stocks".

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments