world currency (beginnings of one world government?)

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
maveri's picture
maveri
world currency (beginnings of one world government?)

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25173126-23109,00.html

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,,25169088-20142,00.html (earlier statement covering the same topic) 

Start Quote:

KAZAKH President Nursultan Nazarbayev has won backing for his plan for a single world currency from an intellectual architect of the euro currency, Nobel-prize winner Professor Robert Mundell.

Nazarbayev, speaking at an economic forum in the glitzy new capital he has built on the Kazakh steppe, defended his proposal for the "acmetal'' world currency saying it might "look kind of funny'' but was not.

And he received intellectual support from the Canadian economist Prof Mundell, who helped lay the intellectual groundwork for Europe's single currency.

"I must say that I agree with President Nazarbayev on his statement and many of the things he said in his plan, the project he made for the world currency, and I believe I'm right on track with what he's saying,'' Prof Mundell said, adding the idea held "great promise''.

Mr Nazarbayev and Prof Mundell urged the Group of 20 leading developed and developing economies to form a working group on the proposal at their summit on the global economic crisis in London on April 2.

"We should deliver our thoughts and the thoughts of this conference to the leaders of those countries,'' Mr Nazarbayev said, referring to the G8 and G20 nations.

etc etc etc

End Quote: 

Whilst I am not a conspiracy advocate backing the idea that there is a secret agenda for a one world government, the hairs on the back of my neck do stand up when people push such policies in times of crisis - it's in times of crisis that rushed / non-debated policies are rammed through and it's when leaders have their backs to the walls that they listen to ideas that often are rejected by the masses.

It's his address to the G8/G20 that raises my concern levels.

I hope this isn't old news - I did a bit of a search and didn't find anything on this site so I'm posting...

scepticus's picture
scepticus
Re: world currency (beginnings of one world government?)

If you look at the rhetoric we're seeing between G20 leaders right now, and look at their actions, it points very clearly IMO to a slide towards protectionism, bickering, beggar-thy-neighbour type future.

These guys have never agreed on anything - climate change policy, trade policy, security, IMF contibutions - nothing. The trouble with a one world currency is that inevitablty there will be winners and loosers. The US would be a looser since they would no longer have the $ as world reserve currency.

So, IMO,  this is not going to happen. If we get world agreement on climate change and trade, well then maybe it could happen. I'm not holding my breath.

maveri's picture
maveri
scepticus wrote:

If you look at the rhetoric we're seeing between G20 leaders right now, and look at their actions, it points very clearly IMO to a slide towards protectionism, bickering, beggar-thy-neighbour type future.

These guys have never agreed on anything - climate change policy, trade policy, security, IMF contibutions - nothing. The trouble with a one world currency is that inevitablty there will be winners and loosers. The US would be a looser since they would no longer have the $ as world reserve currency.

So, IMO,  this is not going to happen. If we get world agreement on climate change and trade, well then maybe it could happen. I'm not holding my breath.

Good point.

I didn't really want to publish 'One World Government' but rather 'Lead to a One World Government' implying that if the idea flys, then perhaps it could head down that direction.

I don't like contraversal type headlines and had I given it some more thought I would not have posted that exact heading - *sigh*, wise after the event!

:-)

that1guy's picture
that1guy
scepticus wrote:

I agree with you here. They can't agree on anything else, why would they start now...

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

With all the talk of the Euro failing soon in other threads, I tend to agree this won't happen either....

This crisis means the end of globalisation, as far as I'm concerned, not a rebirth of it.

Mike 

1234567890's picture

I have to respectfully disagree. With all of the reserve banks acting in concert, it looks like a one world banking.  Once you have a one world banking system then a world currency becomes redundant and gov't too.

scepticus's picture
scepticus

"With all of the reserve banks acting in concert," 

Except, this is not happening. Why do you think this is happening?

Blind Joe's picture
Blind Joe

Well, scepticus, we have banks all over the western world that simultaneously decided to make derivative plays far in excess of their country's GDP, and in some cases even approaching global GDP.  I've seen estimates of anywhere between 500 trillion and a quadrillion dollars total.  Why would they do that?  Nobody has this much money.

At the same time, we have governments all over the western world that refuse to acknowledge these facts -- actually they're intentionally obscuring them -- and are attempting to pay out the derivatives bets in installments.

So, in other words, banks intentionally made bad loans and then bet the global economy on them, and governments, instead of cancelling the bets and prosecuting the banks for securities fraud, are now paying them trillions of dollars.

I find it hard to fathom how this could not be a concerted effort.  What it is they're planning I have no idea.  And I tend to think it won't work.  Though, they're doing a pretty good job of crushing living standards worldwide, transferring an awful lot of wealth.

1234567890's picture
scepticus wrote:

"With all of the reserve banks acting in concert," 

Except, this is not happening. Why do you think this is happening?

You have central reserve banks at a 1% or less interest rate.  

You have bailout/stimulus funds in the hundredss of billions+

You have the political leaders publically saying that they want a new financial system.

From reading on this website about New Zealand's political leader saying that it's wrong what they're doing and going against basic economic theory, are they the only one's that are smart and are willing to do the right thing?  You have a lot of people doing the wrong thing all at the same time.  So you think that they all came to the wrong conclusion independantly.  Perhaps they just didn't want to feel that they were being left out?

And by the way, I'm not from New Zealand.  I'm in the sinking boat that's being steered away from land.  Oh, forgot to mention that I personally can't swim!  (I know it's sad)

johnbryson's picture
johnbryson

My take on this is that the financial systems of the US, Europe and Japan are all influenced (if not controlled) by the same people who established it (ie. Rotschild's and Rockefellers). They developed the super bubble as an excuse to crash the emerging economies and give them a reason to join the world currency (ie. handing over control of their monetary system). They likely funded the elections of Putin and Amadinejad - and if they do not get control of emerging markets financial systems through cohesion, my guess is that they will instigate a war and gain control through force.

I ask you to consider this alternative. If a small group of people control the monetary system, they control governments,  the media and democracy.

Check out:

www.davidicke.com or his you tube video: Turning the Tide

scepticus's picture
scepticus

"You have central reserve banks at a 1% or less interest rate.  "

We have had this at the start of previous recessions. True, this is more global in nature but perhaps that's because the world trade system is simply more interconnected than previously?

"You have bailout/stimulus funds in the hundredss of billions+"

Possibly, governments are trying to avert a global bankruptcy event that could shut down global trade and cause oil and food shortages - in short, exactly the kind of event warned about on the CC.

"You have the political leaders publically saying that they want a new financial system."

They have to say that if they want to be re-elected. No-one likes the old system anymore, now it's gone bankrput.

All the above can also be attributed to the illuminati if you like. However occams razor and all that....

1234567890's picture
scepticus wrote:

"You have central reserve banks at a 1% or less interest rate.  "

We have had this at the start of previous recessions. True, this is more global in nature but perhaps that's because the world trade system is simply more interconnected than previously?

"You have bailout/stimulus funds in the hundredss of billions+"

Possibly, governments are trying to avert a global bankruptcy event that could shut down global trade and cause oil and food shortages - in short, exactly the kind of event warned about on the CC.

"You have the political leaders publically saying that they want a new financial system."

They have to say that if they want to be re-elected. No-one likes the old system anymore, now it's gone bankrput.

All the above can also be attributed to the illuminati if you like. However occams razor and all that....

What did Japan do in the crisis before.  Let us think.  Interest rate to zero.  Print tons of money.  What did that get them.  A decade lost.  The only thing that they did right is have a manufacturing sector that exported goods and SAVED the money they earned.  Vastly different than what is happening today in the US.  

How does the printing of billions (actually TRILLIONS) of money help this situation.  It hasn't.  All that has happened is that you've re-capitalized the Big BANKS (BB).  With the re-capitalisation of the BB, have they started lending again?  No.  Have they gone and bought up other banks?  Yes.  At who's expense?  Taxpayers.  

Why global oil and food shortages?  Why the price run up of oil in the first place?  Wall Street speculation.  Who paid for it?  Taxpayers.

The public has not demanded a new financial system.  It is what Reserve Banks are wanting and it is going to be carried out through the gov't and sold by the gov't via the media.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

I get tired of these conspiracy theories....  and the amazing thing, for me who is not an American, they seem to thrive in America.  What is it with Americans and conspiracies?

I can tell you now, Australia would NEVER go along with it.  The anti US feelings here are really high, though hopefully Obama might change this situation, and joining the US in any world currency will simply not happen.  People here, rightly or wrongly,blame America for the depression, and you think we'd join you in a glonal currency?  Hahahaha!

There's been talk of AUS & NZ using a united currency here too.....  never happened.  Getting Europe to use the Euro took at least twenty years, and it now appears to be a dismal failure...  in fact this crisis could easily European countries go back to their old ways.

What we are witnessing today is the disintegration of Capita;ism, not its global influence increasing.  You forget half the world HATES US!  We in the western world only have power because we control the oil, and that's all about to end.

The party's over.  Fuggedaboudit...

I'll tell you what is happening here in my town.....  we're going to start minting our own copper coins!  LOCAL currency, NOT global... 

Mike 

1234567890's picture

I'm not talking about conspiracy theories here.  I'm simply making observations or what IS in the mainstream news. 

I don't live in Austrailia or New Zealand.  I don't live in the US either.  I happen to live in Canada.

In Canada we have had our Band of Canada rate drop to 0.5%.  However, we've yet to have a major stimulus.  And we haven't had the big bailout packages like a lot of other countries.  

I don't think it really matters to have one currency if the Reserve Banks are working in concert with one another.  A good example from the past has been the Yuan (China) being pegged to the USD.  Who cares which one you have because they are acting as one currency anyways.

And here in Canada, who'd think that with the price of oil being where it was & the energy boom that occurred that the Canadian dollar 'should' have been worth more than the USD.  For a very short period it was (when oil was 110-120) but then it came back down even as oil kept going higher.  Make sense?  Not really.  (Side note - Canada is the US main source of oil ... not the Middle East ... AND other sources of energy.  Just to let you know)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments