Will they silence Glen Beck?

85 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kathy Nestell's picture
Kathy Nestell

I can't help but love what Glen Beck has been up to!

I hear chatter that much of mainstream news is heavily influenced by politcal power, but more and more I see the media like Glen trying to wake up Americans to what Government is up to and I am amazed that he gets away with it. Can we expect to see more rational voices in the mainstream? Or will he silenced?

that1guy's picture
that1guy
Re: Will they silence Glen Beck?

It is great to see someone in mainstream doing their best to wake the people up. Hopefully he doesn't get silenced. I am not getting my hopes up for many more rational voices in the mainstream...I just dont see it happening until after everything hits the fan. Then they will all of the sudden be speaking as though they had been saying something the entire time...

Mike

r's picture
r

Glenn Beck's war room -- Colbert's take:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/220649/march-04-2...

This unfortunately hilarious commentary by Colbert points to the questionable value of making "what if's" without connecting the dots which this site, thankfully, has done. You can't say on the one hand "I'm not predicting this" and on the other "you better be prepared." I haven't watched his show so maybe other segments laid the foundation for the war-room scenarios.  Otherwise, what is he talking about?

[I'm still a new member but I did subscribe. How do I get to bronze :-) ? ]

that1guy's picture
that1guy

I hear ya. Glen Beck has deffinitly connected the dots as you said on many parts of the issues; though not nearly as well as Dr Martenson. He has expleined M3 and the money supply, Housing prices, and the decline (with graphs), how the government gets their money (bonds, china and what not).  I give him credit for tring, especially being so main stream as he is, I'm sure he has gotten slack for it...at least one would think.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

I see Glenn Beck as a joke!  He talks about things we discuss and then makes it sound like a joke.  I think he was put there for ratings.  He makes it look like  he's interested and then changes course instead of really digging deep. I think it's all about finding viewers.

Next time listen very closely to what he is really saying. He's part of Fox news and Rubert Murrdocks press. Becareful.  

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-foxnews6-2009mar06,0,7908248.story 

that1guy's picture
that1guy

I see, well unfortunately all I have seen while living here (England) are his clips on youtube where he seemed to do a good job. It didnt seem as though he was joking about it, but then again, I have never watched a full episode....I  guess I should wait and see an episode in its entirety...

Dunno 

.'s picture

One can only hope.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

Beck has to constantly (to the point of extreme annoyance) announce that he's not predicting any of these things because much of the right in the US (and certainly the viewership of FOX) equates objective observations that happen to be negative (like, my dad has cancer) with undue criticism or even anti-Americanism or hatred.  

For example, I constantly come across people who think Gerald Celente "hates" America because his outlook is so critical even though I see it based in honesty and concern for where the country he obviously loves is going.

On a personal level, when the doctor tells you that you had a small stroke or have become diabetic from drinking Mountain Dew for the last twenty-five years he doesn't then compliment your good looks or tell you how sharp your shoes look to "balance" things out.

WorkinStiff's picture
WorkinStiff

WOW!! Is that Doom Bunker guy for real???We're gonna be overrun by humping monkeys??

jpbeer's picture
jpbeer

He is part of the plan.

objetive: get the people angry and scared

He is a mason and its part of the plan.

wake up 

paranoid's picture
paranoid
jpbeer wrote:

He is part of the plan.

objetive: get the people angry and scared

He is a mason and its part of the plan.

wake up 

may not be right, but I do see the point!

Septimus's picture
Septimus

I can see the point that he is part of the plan, it could make sense in the worst kind of way.

On the other hand, while Glenn is a jokester, he certainly is connecting the dots and certainly seems to be trying to wake people up. Isn't it better for people to hear what he is saying and this, at least, be aware of some of the possibilities coming our way vs. being blissfully ignorant until it is too late to mentally and physically prepare? He is taking a similar message to that Chris is getting out and getting it out to millions of people. All things considered, this has to be better than not doing so, right?

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Septimus wrote:

I can see the point that he is part of the plan, it could make sense in the worst kind of way.

On the other hand, while Glenn is a jokester, he certainly is connecting the dots and certainly seems to be trying to wake people up. Isn't it better for people to hear what he is saying and this, at least, be aware of some of the possibilities coming our way vs. being blissfully ignorant until it is too late to mentally and physically prepare? He is taking a similar message to that Chris is getting out and getting it out to millions of people. All things considered, this has to be better than not doing so, right?

Problem is when you refer to everything were saying about the bankers, 911 truth, one world order and all he does is make it a mockery of "crazy" people who believe any of this, then he has succeded in making it all just a joke and not have any real substance to it.  I suggest folks listen very closely to how he presents the information.

Septimus's picture
Septimus

I'll consider his words in the light you mean and see if I think differently. I do know what you are talking about. I have, so far, put it up to him trying to be cautrious and not seem like a "conspiracy freak" himself. On his radio show last week he talked about actually having people assigned (from the FOX resources) to the FEMA camp rumors and that he would factually report what was found out. This is an example of the "crazy talk" that he is actually investigating seriously (or so it seems). So, I'm not sure but will consider your view.  He is reporting a lot of stuff seriously (not really joking or making is sound crazy but making it sound serious) that no one in the mainstream media (besides him now that you could argue he is part of it) is reporting at all, let alone with a straight face.

Thanks...

strabes's picture
strabes

He's lost all credibility with me, not that he had much before, but he had more than everybody else in the big media.  

When he asked a couple military guys what the govt would need to do to maintain order when TSHTF, he was shocked that they said the govt shouldn't try to control, oppress, use force and it should never consider firing on its own citizens.  He was like "whoa guys, big daddy govt needs to control us, how can you say we need to take care of ourselves!?" Wow.  If he thinks a nation of citizens can't eventually gain control of itself but rather needs to sit back and let the "professionals" do whatever they want to maintain order, then he's worthless in my book.

The system needs to fail.  A bottom-up re-creation of our society is what's necessary.  Top-down control from a govt, which has demonstrated it's insane and incapable of doing anything except taking our money and giving it to rich bankers and tripling our debt, is called imprisonment.

We need to trust ourselves.  This website is proof that bottom-up citizenry is the solution.  It's too bad big media thinks that's such a wildly impossible idea.

Septimus's picture
Septimus

Hi Strabes,

Well, I have listened to him a lot and I can picture him saying just what you report. But, everytime I have heard him say something like that it was a facetious remark where it is obvious he really means the opposite. Please advise which show that remark was on if you can recall and I will try to find on youtube or somewhere to hear it and see if I agree with your interpretations that his remark was seriously meant the way you take it.

Thanks.

Bluemarble's picture
Bluemarble

Faux news is hard to take seriously...they consistly twist many topics to fit their target audience. I saw his clip on the housing situation where he constantly made remarks implying that climate change was a figment of Al Gore's imagination or some kind of plot. 

The entire MSM industrial complex is not to be trusted...IMO they are puppets.

Ready's picture
Ready

Septimus

It was the War Room episode from 2 weeks ago Friday.

They were discussing the "Bubba Effect" where militias are formed in local communities. They tend to provide for themselves and are not very welcoming of outsiders. They may tend to take the law into their own hands. This is what Glenn was adverse to. He asked the gentelmen from the military how do you counteract the bubba effect, and the general idea was why would you want to?

Beck didn't even know how to respond, because he was expecting the military to have a plan for civil unrest / control.

Rog

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Bluemarble wrote:

The entire MSM industrial complex is not to be trusted...IMO they are puppets.

I don't know - at least puppets can't think.  Pretty sad when your choices are the female glossy-lipped bimbos on CNN and the male glossy-lipped bimbos on Fox.

Just read the teleprompter.....don't think, don't ad lib, just read out loud.  And don't blink so much.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

exactly.

As long as our government employs the strategy of "keeping the rubes entertained" we're never going to have true freedom or liberty here. And as long as the mainstream acquiesces, we'll never see divergent thinking, or thinking at all, for that matter. This is a systemic failure. Our schools teach children to "read teleprompters" by making them memorize "facts," some of which are of dubious accuracy and many which are certainly of dubious importance. Our entire society behaves this way. We expect that the truth will be handed to us on a silver platter. Perhaps people are starting to realize that "the most trusted news" is really "the most entertaining news," and the two oftentimes do not overlap.

strabes's picture
strabes

Septimus, here it is...I don't watch news, but this was in my youtube recommended video list...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8La5xLYo2-s 

This seems to serve the purpose of making people who would otherwise tend to think it's ok for people to govern themselves that we don't need violent oppression, to question their own beliefs and realize "yeah, that's crazy for me think that way, we need government control."  So while every other news outlet wouldn't have these guys on, it looks to me like Beck had them on to make them look nuts...they're so nuts he's speechless. 

I just wish the sheep would turn off their TVs.  We'd be fine. 

.'s picture

Any time an MSM Talking Head like Glen Beck is hosting a forum such as his "War Room" I always question what the real agenda is.  The reason I am suspicious of the MSM intentions is because of the following item that I have previously posted:

Congressman Oscar Callaway inserted the following into the Congressional Record:

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interests, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world, and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press of the United States. These 12 men worked the problem out by selecting 179 newspapers, and then began, by an elimination process, to retain only those necessary for the purpose of controlling the general policy of the daily press throughout the country. They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. The 25 papers were agreed upon; emissaries were sent to purchase the policy, national and international, of these papers; an agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers... This policy also included the suppression of everything in opposition to the wishes of the interests served."

Note: JP Morgan was essentially a front for the Rockefeller/Rothschild interests.

If the accusations of Congressman Callaway are indeed true then the responsibility of the media to fully inform the citzenry of our great nation of the affairs of government and large corporations has been comprimised and has been so for nearly 100 years.  This would go a long way in explaining the current state of affairs.  Blocked by editors and management that serves a higher goal, no reporter would ever be able to bring forth a story that might damage the intrest of these elite. 

The following clip is a modern illustration of corporate intrest blocking news that might otherwise change consumer habits: 

On the flip side of this what is the agenda behind someone such as Beck?  I think Strabes comments in No. 20 are spot on.

Septimus's picture
Septimus

I will check the video out shortly. The ones thing I can say (I know I'm sounding like a Glenn Beck Zombie) is that his style is his style and it has not changed since he got on the MSM, for years he has called the shots the way he sees them so it seems that he is just using the MSM to reach a bigger audience as he has been this way LONG before he came to the main stream. (Unless of course, the puppeteers reach is long and deep, to include who knows how many who have not yet made it in case they do...)

Seriously, I will chek the video out and post my thoughts ASAP.

Thanks

stevvot's picture
stevvot

I think some on this thread seriously misunderstand the standpoint that Beck is coming from.  He, rightfully I believe, is concerned that if the system breaks down totally at this point and there is a period of anarchy, that there are not enough moral, principled people for the "revolution" to end up being a good one.  He frequently talks about it being a French revolution instead of another American revolution.  Given our nations history over the last few decades and just watching your average, self-absorbed, godless citizen, I tend to agree with his take.

I think he's done a good thing with trying to get people to rally around common principles and values.  I support his "We Surround Them" movement of trying to get people plugged in and communicating with other like-minded folks in their local community

strabes's picture
strabes

He's probably right about that, but I'd MUCH rather have anarchy than government tyranny that oppresses us all.  In true anarchy, the patriot types would step up to the plate very quickly and forcefully...we'd quickly shift from a nation of sheep to a nation of responsible citizens, at least in the inland parts of the country outside of big cities.  So anarchy eventually results in stability, though it's admittedly painful during the transition. Tyranny only begets more tyranny.  

Septimus's picture
Septimus

OK, I watched the video and took notes and did not come away with the interpretation that some of you did. Here are my take ways:

Glenn Beck agrees with the guests that the government has gone against the principles of the founders and the constitution. He has extensively in TV and radio advocated for peaceful responses to this by the citizens of this country. He stresses peaceful response.

I think this is for two reasons: He is genuinely scared of what could occur and what the government would do if the responses are not peaceful. In the video he referred to a French revolution scenario and government response. Can't say I blame him for his concerns here. And also, I think he is concerned that if he is seen as advocating "taking matters into your own hands in the extreme way" (or not stressing peaceful solutions), he will be taken off the air sooner than otherwise. He does think he and otherws will be removed from the air via the fairness doctrine or successor in the future.

The ex-army CSM and ex-CIA guests both were of basically the same mind about the true purpose of the second amendment, government tyranny and both believing government troops would not fire on the populace.

Beck sees this differently and fears for massive oppression (that's my take after hearing many of his comments on his radio show and seeing some of his TV show). I also have a nephew in the Army who is just about to get his sergeant stripes who I asked the question. He would and he does not believe the troops he has had experience with would have any qualms about using force within the U.S. against the populace. He said (paraphrase), "If we get the orders, they must deserve it." He does not take the constitution seriously.

So, in summary, my take is different. I still believe Beck is out to wake people up, he puts things together very well, sees patterns most do not see (that does not mean people on this site of course), but he is very scared of what may happen even though he sees standing up is a necessity.

Whle it may not seem like it, I am still of an open mind about Beck as I am not 100% convinced that he is sincere although I am pretty sure he is.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Septimus,

Quote:

He would and he does not believe the troops he has had experience with would have any qualms about using force within the U.S. against the populace. He said (paraphrase), "If we get the orders, they must deserve it." He does not take the constitution seriously.

Be sure to tell your nephew he's a G**-damn disgrace for me. He can feel free to pass that along to his "troops" as well.
If he's stationed in WA - I'll drop by and tell him myself.

I agree on the matter of Glenn Beck.
He's kind of a tool, but he's saying things that need to be said, and I appreciate that.

Septimus's picture
Septimus

Hi Aaron,

I agree wtih you 100%. I freaked out internally when he said that but decided it would be pointless to raise my profile further with someone who does not think and has shown no interest in thinking. Unfortunately, I personally believe this is typical these days. Do you have any experience with lower ranking (or any rank for that matter) current soldiers that would contradict? (I hope so!)  I am afraid these are the types getting all the expereince in the Middle East in the last few years...

strabes's picture
strabes

This has been a shift in the combat units of the army/marines since I got out in 97.  The older, sober types (like those on Beck's show) have steadily shifted out, and younger types have come in who have been indoctrinated into a far more "hooah" system as they rotate into war zones and get led by younger "hooah" officers and sometimes get mentored by blackwater, ex-black ops guys (NOT the mindset you want in the conventional forces!).  The pace of this shift has increased substantially given the 2 wars that are keeping the operational pace very high and draining families.  There is a younger force without as many responsible leaders. Young, single high schoolers who are used to the latest, bloodiest video games no longer get mentored and trained by the older family types.  Rather than trying to convince your nephew he's wrong with political argument, I'd just remind him that when americans shoot back it hurts a lot more than it does in his video games.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Septimus,

I had a chance to work with some of the Security Forces personnel in the Air Force, and there were about 5 or 6 of them standing around talking one morning about how the executive branch was getting out of control, and they worried about poor judgement in tough times.

This gave me a lot of hope...

But as Mike Pilat and I discussed some time in the past, the military cross-section is probably no different than the civilian cross section.

There won't be enough of any one mindset to launch any sort of cohesive effort. Our nation is simply too fractured these days. Polarized politics, the "us and them" mentality and the rule of the almighty buck will have far more to say than quality leadership, I'm afraid.

Too many voices, too little substance - as the signal corps says "Noise to signal ratio" is way out of proportion.

I can't say for sure - but I hope it won't come to the military operating amongst the civilian population.
We'll see...

Aaron

PS, Strabes said:

Quote:

I'd just remind him that when americans shoot back it hurts a lot more than it does in his video games.

The mentality and ability of our soldiers has dimished due to a number of critical factors:
1. Lack of good NCO's (as you said, the good ones are sold out and getting out)
2. Lack of "adult" mentality
3. Augmentation and substitution of skill for Air Superiority and support.

Most of the people I've met on the conventional side of the military are not what I'd think of as competant.

strabes's picture
strabes

Have you all seen this?  It's worth watching.  This is a blackwater ex-black ops dude.  Do you think guys like this are in touch with their conscience?  Taking out tons of people as if it's a video game.  Would they have any qualms about turning on americans if paid well to do so (these guys are making 10x what soldiers make in iraq)?  They are mentoring some soldiers.  You can hear a blackwater guy in another video yelling "start unloading son!" when a soldier hesitates before mowing down some people from a rooftop.  

The leftist groups who were attacking blackwater under Bush, saying that it is the new praetorian guard while the US military is now the lower-rent dudes who get sent out to be killed I think were onto something.  but now they're not screaming in opposition because Obama is in office.  I hope they find their voice again.  As an ex-army officer, I'm thoroughly appalled at the mentality I see in the video.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments