Wikipedia entry?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alex Szczech's picture
Alex Szczech
Wikipedia entry?

I lent a DVD of The Crash Course to one of the attorneys I work for and he was duly impressed by Chris' presentation. However, he wanted to find more information on Martenson independent of this website and couldn't find anything on Wikipedia (many folks reference tool of first choice these days). Has anyone given thought to creating a Wikipedia entry for Chris or for The Crash Course? I imagine Martenson is now significant enough of an intellectual figure to warrant his own Wikipedia entry. Moreover a Wikipedia entry would advance the legitimacy/visibility of the Crash Course in the eyes of many. 

Just a thought.

Alex

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Re: Wikipedia entry?

Gosh!  Wikipedia is my Bible.  Why isn't there a Chris Martenson entry.  When you set up CM then you (or whomever) can link the Crash Course in there.  I would attempt to create one but I'm not confident enough to believe I'll do CM and CC justice. Embarassed

cat233's picture
cat233
There is prior discussion of Wikipedia articles beginning Dec. 2008
that1guy's picture
that1guy

Apparently someone already tried, but the site deleted it because they said it was 'blatant advertising.'

look at the thread 'wikipedia help wanted'

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
that1guy wrote:

Apparently someone already tried, but the site deleted it because they said it was 'blatant advertising.'

look at the thread 'wikipedia help wanted'

ouch...

Reuben Bailey's picture
Reuben Bailey

I saw the page while it was up, and it looks like it failed because of their policies about bio/autobiographies, and being nothing but facts.  It also seems to have had something to do with presenting all major views on a subject...

cat233's picture
cat233
Finally Wikipedia entry on Chris

Finally!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Martenson

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments