Why the System must Grow

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Woodman's picture
Woodman
Why the System must Grow

For years and years I wondered why does everyone talk about the need to "grow" the economy.

As I go back and view certain chapters of the Crash Course again after several months, I see where in this chapter a very quick jump to Key Concept 4 is made.  That is, that "perpetual expansion is a requirement of modern banking" just to cover the interest and service existing debt.  I accept that concept, but think future editions of the Crash Course might benifit from additional discussion on the interest part of debt in addition to how debt creates money.  Does the need for expansion of the money supply directly equate to the need for expansion of the economy; e.g., GDP?  If one is less than the other what happens? 

Maybe this could be expanded on in a future Martenson Report or Podcast. 

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin
Re: Why the System must Grow

I believe these resources may help you.  If you have questions afterwards, I'll do my best to answer them.

Our blog. http://www.moneyaswealth.blogspot.com

Our website http://www.wealthmoney.org read the hamburger stand article.

A two part series I filmed on how they changed our currency over time from an evidence of wealth to and evidence of debt.

part 1

part 2

I also did a three part video on the gold standard, it's off topic for your question but it does have some information you might find useful.  You can find that in my channel.

Can you let me know what you think?

Woodman's picture
Woodman

Thanks for the great videos!  Hearing someone else besides CM confirm that the system must grow to provide money to pay the interest on debt was helpful.  I'll watch the movies again later to make sure I got it right, but my first take is in our present system money is based on debt, but a better system would be monetize real wealth or production, not debt.

Tom

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Ok so I went over to Byron's place on Saturday and filmed this just for you. 

I hope this answers your questions about why our system must grow.

part 1 (watch in full screen HD)

part 2 (watch in full screen HD)

What did you think of those videos?  If you like them please share them as much as possible.  We have to get the people awakened to this stuff and fast.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments