Why Does the World Feel Wrong?

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

DrKrbyLuv wrote:
Have you been wondering how our government could so utterly betray us? They are too consistent to simply dismiss their actions as being "incompetent." So, what gives?

Will Grove (excerpts listed, see the entire article at "Strike the Root")

Consider these events:

1. A president who started two aggressive wars, who bears responsibility for the loss of thousands of American lives along with hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan lives, leaves office as a free man without a felony record or any negative repercussions.

2. Meanwhile, the same populace that has intimate experience with lying politicians appears utterly smitten with a smooth-talking new president promising change and demanding sacrifice.

3. The Congress, which had an approval rate of 14% and which just passed a $700 billion bailout over the objections of a majority of Americans, had a re-election rate exceeding 95%. 6. Researchers who pursue alternative explanations for AIDS and cancer get their funding cut and have the results of their research squelched, while others who try to improve life by providing healthful foods find themselves under attack.

4. Untold millions of Americans voice support of military troops as these very people are needlessly killed, injured, and separated from their families and productive work at home.
5. A general populace believed that buying unproductive assets, like housing, could make them wealthy, forever, without any coherent explanation why.

6. Researchers who pursue alternative explanations for AIDS and cancer get their funding cut and have the results of their research squelched, while others who try to improve life by providing healthful foods find themselves under attack.

Overt criminality by leaders and passive, unclear thinking by the proles have become the norm. The two go together, creating a symbiotic ecosystem of tyranny. Fraud, theft, and murder have become widespread, just as the scale of lies told and believed have reached new heights. Irresponsibility has become socialized while people in the honest pursuit of good get thwarted.

Those of us who want little more than peace and freedom don't run the world. Pursuing freedom contradicts controlling others, so we can reason that people who pursue power have some motivations separate from our own.

I have not fully comprehended the implications of this until recently. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, I had assumed that the people who wield power feel similarly about moral issues as I do-I just couldn't see why they commit and justify unethical behavior. I already knew that states operate according to a code that the rest of us don't follow in our own lives. Nevertheless, I assumed that a man who acts without regard to moral laws must feel guilty about it. Then, one day, I stumbled onto this idea: Suppose he doesn't.

With only small ambitions, he probably behaves like a common criminal, a predator. He lies to gain advantage, uses force to get his way, and steals without conscience. Not feeling guilty about unethical behavior motivates him to instigate further criminal acts.

Small crime operations have one big problem, namely, the risk of getting caught. The prospect of prison appears unappealing, yet even with the high likelihood of arrest and capture during a career, common criminals approach their field with little sophistication and often pay the price. Other like-minded people see ways to avoid these problems. Just as normal people develop interests growing up and figure out how to pursue them at higher levels, a criminal mind can do the same. With greater intelligence and patience, he can pursue an ambitious career of criminality. With this objective in sight, one can easily see the state as the most expedient means to accomplish it.

Once a criminal joins forces with the state by becoming an employee, he can lie to his advantage, use force to get his way, and steal without conscience, just as the small-time operator does. The opportunities for mischief have no limits through thoughtful job selection. For example, if a man took pleasure in making innocent people squirm, he could become a police officer and plant evidence. For another, if he wanted to murder people, he could become a military officer and "accidentally" call in the coordinates of a house he'd like to see bombed. Whatever they do, the state shields them from the natural consequences of their actions. In all likelihood, if smart, they never get caught, never get punished, and probably get commended.

It turns out this personality type has a scientific name: psychopathic. Lest you think I merely kid you, I quote from Scientific American:

Superficially charming, psychopaths tend to make a good first impression on others and often strike observers as remarkably normal. Yet they are self-centered, dishonest and undependable, and at times they engage in irresponsible behavior for no apparent reason other than the sheer fun of it. Largely devoid of guilt, empathy and love, they have casual and callous interpersonal and romantic relationships. Psychopaths routinely offer excuses for their reckless and often outrageous actions, placing blame on others instead. They rarely learn from their mistakes or benefit from negative feedback, and they have difficulty inhibiting their impulses.

This seems like a nearly perfect description of those who seek political power. That same article goes on to say that fields over-represented by psychopaths may include "politics, business and entertainment. Yet the scientific evidence for this intriguing conjecture is preliminary." It turns out that much stronger evidence for this exists than the article lets on.

In the book Political Ponerology, Andrew Lobaczewski claims that about 6% of the people within a population have psychopathic characters. The implications of this, which he recognized soon after World War II, stagger the mind. Moreover, he suggests that another 12% of the population has high susceptibility to psychopathic thought. In a world dominated by hierarchical structures, these people sieze control of the key positions and create a so-called "pathocracy." Lobaczewski continues, writing in ways that clearly anticipate the current reality:

Within this [pathocratic] system, the common man is blamed for not having been born a psychopath, and is considered good for nothing except hard work, fighting and dying to protect a system of government he can neither sufficiently comprehend nor ever consider to be his own. An ever-strengthening network of psychopathic and related individuals gradually starts to dominate, overshadowing the others.

Normal people have not considered the possibility that some people who seem ordinary could have no moral inhibitions. They default to believing that their leaders have good intentions. Employees of psychopaths thus carry out plans of their bosses blinded to the reality. No matter the scope of the "failure," the leadership can always point back to their stated good intentions and shield themselves from the gallows. In fact, the more harm they create, the stronger the call becomes to vest more power in their failed agency so they can "prevent" anything of the sort from ever happening again.

Their MO focuses on figuring out how much they can get away with, and we see no signs they have begun to approach the limits the public will accept. Irrespective of the ordeals they create, the vast majority of people give them the benefit of the doubt time and time again and continue in their support of the system. This belief among good people led to the democide of the 20th Century that continues unabated today.

After considering the possibility that psychopaths have taken control of society, we find volumes of evidence to support the hypothesis. Did Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot sympathize with their victims or have any sense of guilt? More recently, among Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, or Clinton , can we point to one who even exhibits a façade resembling normality? Obviously not-these lists name one person after another who has zero accountability to a rational morality. If people like this could make their way to the highest levels of power, what does that say about lower offices?

It suggests people like this have control over the levers of power everywhere. We live at a time when the population at large cannot achieve its wants, yet few seem to know why. As one example, polls consistently indicate that educational matters concern the public, yet decade after decade, schooling gets quantitatively worse. What a mystery! Evidently, if we believe our well-meaning masters, 2,000 years of Western civilization has not yet determined effective ways to transmit key knowledge to younger generations. However, what happens if we suspend our belief in their benevolence for a moment and consider other possibilities? If schools fail to achieve their stated goals over several decades, might some groups see this as a success?

Inhibiting critical thinking in the masses obviously benefits the state and psychopaths. When overtly self-serving, irresponsible, illegal, immoral, irrational behavior gets treated as normal, we can conclude that the educational system works quite well for our masters. I have given but one example, yet the multitude of state functions exists to provide every variety of psychopathic interest with a job. Moreover, we should consider that the state not only acts like a recruitment center for psychopaths, but that psychopaths probably invented the state to take advantage of the rest of us. I can give you no better explanation for the existence of an organization that fails in every ethical dimension and invokes psychopathic thinking at every turn than this.

Our battle for liberty appears not just as a conflict between those who want freedom versus those who want control, but instead as the battle between normal people and the psychopaths. I have found incredible explanatory power of our world within the psychopathic hypothesis: The world feels wrong because psychopaths run it. In a country trained to discount and ridicule all ideas more than a standard deviation from the average, coherent explanations of observable social phenomena don't get much press. Without understanding physical laws, we would never have gained the massive improvements in our quality of life from technological developments. Similarly, without understanding our social systems, we will never escape from the tyranny unleashed on us by psychopaths. We should spread the word and explore this rich vein of thought with vigor.

SkylightMT's picture
SkylightMT
Re: Why Does the World Feel Wrong?

I agree with you that our political process (election process) does not support the most competent candidate, for various reasons, some of which are:

1. It would be an extremely rare individual that, in the absence of mental health issues, would want to hold office, especially one as stressful as the American presidency;

2. Its extremely rare to find the characteristics of competency AND effective public speaking/social skills in a single person; an exceptional person has one or the other but very rarely, both;

3. Voters tend to be emotional reacters, rather than critical thinkers; they often base decisions on single issues (like abortion or gun control) and the typical voter has difficulty evaluating a candidate on more than one or two main stances.

In spite of our flaws as a species and the flaws within our political systems, somehow we manage to create amazing things and people's lives tend to get better.

Reactive Attachment Disorder (the correct term for psychopathology) is, first of all, not that common, second of all, comes with a variety of symptoms that work against being organized enough to get along in life much less obtain political office. The ability to delay gratification, stay on task, and display consistent public behavior are NOT characteristics of this disorder, yet those abilities are critical to getting anywhere in politics.

I would argue that the specific people you mentioned, including Bush and Hitler, are NOT sociopaths, psychopaths, or have RAD. Each of these people has/had a strong set of values and ethics that guided their behavior. They believed in something, and it wasn't nihilism. They simply were WRONG. Their beliefs, values, and ethics were totally fubared. They felt no guilt because they believed they were doing the right thing, not because they did not have the ability to feel guilt or empathy.

Headless's picture
Headless

DrKrbyLuv wrote:

"I assumed that a man who acts without regard to moral laws must feel guilty about it. Then, one day, I stumbled onto this idea: Suppose he doesn't. "

Right. He doesn't; they, almost to a one,  don't; what's worse, either because they are psychopaths, as you suggest, or because they simply don't and can't access reality due to an upbringing which sheltered them from it and leaves them without the circuitry to experience cognitive dissonance, there seems but one solution to their problem and ours...

In a nation as "loaded" as ours,  I'm pretty sure someone is going to start implementing that solution sometime soon (I think the Vigilantes are just confused, for now, by the plethora of targets). This is not melodrama, it is a perspective gained from not having grown up in stupendous ignorance and having grown up in a well-armed neighborhood such as that Gerald Celente is often fond of refering to when he says: "When people lose everything, and they have nothing left to lose, they lose it."

These people are out there; it's a matter of time now... 

Thanks for all the thought you put into that; it helps me,for one, when attempting to order the chaos within my own head...

Lee

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi DrKrby,

I wrote a piece on my own thread 'Logans Run' earlier, in reply to someone else. I don't think I'm stretching the imagination for it to fit here :-

" We have governments that walk into other countries with offers of monetary help, but in reality it is to gain control of those resources that country has, for free.

We have population booming globally and the reality of that cause is really the growth in those communities from cheaper trade in the short run of the last 40 years, which is unsustainable.

We have immigration quoters through the roof in America and the UK that have driven the economies in the good times and the wealth balances have grown for the few but, for the many and for the next five years, the majority are going to pay it back, with interest, with poverty and a massive drop in their standard of living.

I try to depict here what we do; what has been done to us as a western population that stops us from running out into the street and begining a take-over of the governments that say we voted 'Them' into power and assume control of the mess that 'They' themselves began, but in reality, just the opposite is the case, with a large dose of apathy and defeat. These are the majorities I speak of.

Corporations are driving all of this created psychopathic madness and are using large gobbs of public relation and spin to hide the facts from you and I by constantly reciting mantras over and over again, until it starts sounding like we've caused all this and, we have in our own way, because if we didn't agree, we'd lose our freedom; whatever freedom we're really given.

I left school in the 80's, on a diet of American films that bred an idea of confidence and how life should be that did the greatest job of protecting me, and everyone around me, from the real facts. The facts that where I was well fed every day, 24,000 people died from starvation every day, in countries with strange names and traditions; traditions that were made more alien by those American movies and ideals. Ideals that have swamped those cultures, made them void in the few generations it took to wipe away what was left of their abilities to self sustain, import food that was cheaper than they could ever grow for themselves and debts that they would never afford to ever pay back.

All of this, every last nickle and dime that jingles in your pocket every day thats been put there with debt creation and control. That we the westerner could carry on benefiting from some foreigners struggle, a foreigner who carried a name we chose couldn't be pronounced; that foreigner who couldn't begin to relate to the grand scam that they were being destablised for. Because of a different religion that appeared violent and savage? Strangely, it never seemed to disuade corporations from entering into those exotic lands, and still doesn't.

The wars that are being fought on our behalf while we casually sit down for our evenings entertainment on the tube are sold to us as being for the good of the people, even for those being invaded. We sit in our computer chairs with our laptops infront of us and if we talk and talk and talk and justify all of these things that I've written above, it all seems O.K again; that we can create order from the madness by finding someone else who will nod in agreement or, disagree with you so you can be sidetracked for a while and forget why you even thought these thoughts.

Tomorrow we'll wake up to another diet of what one human being has the ability to do to another human being and we're sidetracked again because of the information overload of what is wrong with the life you lead and thought wasn't hurting anyone else and, how wrong can you be? But others around you are doing the same and that just seems to make it all O.K again.

What we should have been doing for all these years is living within the means for which we live. Looking after the ground around us and looking out for one another. But we've grown into individuals here on the back of oil. We close our doors on neighbors we've never introduced ourselves to and wonder why we live such lonely lives. We sit with our guilty cigarettes burning in our hands in smoke rooms filled with other silent people close by, each and every one of them busily texting others for the sake of texting them about subjects that are safe, never challenging them for fear of questioning. We drive our cars on our own with four empty seats and pass people walking. We give only to recieve, take without asking and assume others will pick up our mess.

Can I justify any of this mess? Well no I can't; not yet anyway, and I'll probably die trying. "

I think that this section of the film 'The Corporation' answers this question stunningly because, it appears more every day that Goverment is owned and bought by Corporations :-

...I'd like your take on this...

Take Care,

Paul

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

In "On Killing", Lt. Col. Grossman talks about the portion of "sociopathic" personalities in society. It's an awful book, by the way, don't waste time on it.

The people who can do anything and justify it in their minds, who have no remorse, or who enjoy killing other humans and feel no regrets or remorse.

They comprise about 1% of the population, and are generally able to find others to do bad works with them.

MT said it well.
There aren't many truly bad people out there. But there are plenty who are misguided.

This brand of evil generally comes on the tail end of making sweeping descisions based on assumptions and personal beliefs.

pir8don's picture
pir8don

Our group size is too big.

In human scale groups we can know each other, our strengths and our weaknesses. In our thousands we are simply governed and governable. For us to know each other well enough we need to see the other people in our group almost every day of our lives.  In such groups we find support for community values and alienation of those who choose a selfish way at the cost of other group members.

Your politicians feed on your attention, corporations feed on your consumption and labour. Stop feeding them.

Groups of around a hundred or so in our neighbourhoods. Take back responsibilty.

Can we do it? I don't know yet. My neighbours aren't ready its not bad enough where I am. I've tried and now wait hoping that there will be a crisis sufficient to motivate community but not destroy it.

Don

7 billion people can be wrong, very wrong 

Headless's picture
Headless

Paul Craig Roberts on that which we refer to as our "government"

Astonishing Incongruities: Is It Time to Bail Out of the US?

An excerpt:

"The financial damage inflicted on Americans by their own government is as great as would be expected from foreign conquest. While Washington "protected" us from terrorists by fighting pointless wars abroad, the US economy collapsed.  

How can President Obama even think about fighting wars half way around the world while California cannot pay its bills, while Americans are being turned out of their homes, while, as Business Week reports, retirees will work throughout their retirement (which assumes that there will be jobs), while careers are being destroyed and stores and factories shuttered.  

Americans are facing tremendous unemployment and hardship. Obama doesn't have another dollar to spend on Bush's wars.  

Taxpayers are busted. They cannot stand another day of being milked by the military-security complex. The US government is paying private mercenaries more by the day than the monthly checks it is providing to Social Security retirees. 

This is insanity.

The banksters robbed us twice. First it was our home and stock values. Then the government rewarded the banksters for their misdeeds by bailing out the banksters, not their victims, and putting the cost on the taxpayers' books.

The government has also robbed the taxpayers of $3 trillion dollars to fight its wars. About $600 billion are out of pocket costs, and the rest is on the taxpayers' books.

When foreign creditors look at the debt piled on the taxpayers' books, they don't see a good credit risk. 

Washington is so accustomed to ripping off the taxpayers for the benefit of special interests that the practice is now in the DNA. While bailouts are being piled upon bailouts, wars are being piled upon wars...

A link to other articles by the author: http://www.opednews.com/author/articles/author12492.html

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

2. Its extremely rare to find the characteristics of competency AND effective public speaking/social skills in a single person; an exceptional person has one or the other but very rarely, both;

So how the hell was Bush elected...!!  :-) 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Stop servicing your debts.....

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Damnthematrix wrote:

But then we'd be breaking our sacred contract with those who'd break their contract with us in a heartbeat if it was in their interest! Of course, they never "break" them because they're written in the first place so that virtually anything imaginable they could do is allowable.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Damnthematrix wrote:

But then we'd be breaking our sacred contract with those who'd break their contract with us in a heartbeat if it was in their interest! Of course, they never "break" them because they're written in the first place so that virtually anything imaginable they could do is allowable.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M
Quote:

So how the hell was Bush elected...!!  :-) 

TWICE!
To quote the man himself;
"Fool me twice and... well... we won't get fooled again."

This might be our first "agreement". hehe.
I'm amazed he was elected, and horrified he was elected as a conservative.
Ugh. Nauseating.

Cheers!

Aaron

Headless's picture
Headless

Damnthematrix and mainecooncat,

You guys lit a circuit in my head. You remember that scene from (assuming you've seen) City Slickers, where Phil is regretting his lack of success in life, saying he wants a "Do Over?"

Well, that's exactly what the U.S. needs, a Do Over. The "leaders" of late (25 years?) have allowed such a deviation from sense and sensibility that that which has resulted is nothing less than a criminal configuration of incompetence and inequity. As such, all monies that were received by anyone during those years (that are outside the historical norm) need to be "clawed back." (Whatever form that takes)  While the banksters, IPOsters, analysters and other criminals will cry all the way to their jail cells, that is the most fair thing that could possilbly happen: they didn't earn--and sure as hell didn't deserve--that stolen wealth; my parents, your parents, everyone's grandparents worked their entire lives under the impression that what they earned they could keep. It's time to honor the basis of their beliefs and efforts. And that especially goes for all the wealth stolen by issuing IPO's where the conspirators keep 90% of the shares, manipulated the share price toward the stratosphere, then issued Billions more in shares and bonds, thus allowing themselves years (12, in the case of Amazon) during which they could operate in the red (maintaining negative retained earnings and having paid no dividends) and made billionaires of themselves; those billions came from hard-working American's pockets. I know of someone who made over 40 Million doing exactly that...

Claw back time is coming; if not. something much worse...

Ask one of the 200,000 people that lost their jobs this week.

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert

We need to learn from this and move on.  Let's move on by living every moment of every day.  We don't have much longer.  To some, this is very exciting; but to me... I don't know how to feel about this moment.  It's as if nihilism is wavering, like ghosts, between the walls of every house, every person, and every park.  I feel like this is NOT how my life is supposed to have turned out.  I truly thought my life would be progressive, that is, always improving in some way.  For the first time in my life I feel as though EVERYTHING (except for our spirits) is deteriorating.  Something ugly, like mold, has blanketed the world.  Something is not right.  I feel like everyone is depressed but they try so hard to hide it.  I can see it in everyone throughout the day.  It's very scary.  It's as if everyone is turning into zombies.

Headless's picture
Headless

Caroline said:

"I feel like this is NOT how my life is supposed to have turned out."

Caroline,

This is sure not the country that I grew up believing it was. So many people have commented here about actually "doing something about it," but the truth is, there is nothing that can be done at this point: we're zooming down the last negotiable section of the slippery slope, about to slip over the edge of the cliff.

I don't know about you, but I, having spent a lot of time in other countries over the past twenty years, always felt there was something seriously wrong with the disparities in standards of living between Americans and everyone else--they look like humans to me. How could this be? Well, we ignored and rationalized and remained stoopid--in many cases, but, of course, those levels of exploitation (by our corporo-government) couldn't last forever. Well, the end of "forever" is now here, visiting us with a vengeance. For about ten years now, I have been referring to this coming "adjustment" as IW3E (Inevitable World-Wide Wage Equilibrium). The disparities didn't make sense, they weren't just, and I'm painfully surprised that it has taken this long for the reckoning to arrive.

The good news is that, after the unimaginable (in most Americans' minds) tragedy that is going to happen here in America occurs, the survivors will find "The joy of living" once again. Less truly is more, as can be witnessed every day in rural Guatemalan highlands, Mexico City suburbs, Costa Rican rainforests, and pretty much anywhere outside of Seoul in South Korea. We've largely forgotten what living is here in America; it has little to do with all those material possessions...

"Everything I am, I carry with  me."

~Cicero

Lee

P.S Everything I own will fit in one suitcase; it has ever since I walked across the border into Mexico in 1990--the beginning of a long and beautiful walk-about with people I am so grateful to have met...

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

(From Post #3) 

I see...so not one of the writers on this thread has made the connection I was trying to raise...

That the corporations that we both work for; are governing much of the disasterous out of control growth - have kept building on the premise of their individuality as an entity, since their twisting of the enacted Bill of human rights that was built on behalf of slaves and Afro-Americans in 1886?

That corporations are 'Not' any 'One' individual, yet, protected as 'One' ... there is your psychopath?

Just a thought...

Paul

The Corporation (Film) Part 5 of 15 :-

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

The madness that we are now rushing toward holds its roots in much of what we've allowed to develop out of sight and in the background for generations and, we, who have our ideals grounded in where we've originated from, see only the smallest part of the bigger picture even if we do our best to conjour up all of the causes and effects.

Here, in this medium, we pull together many of those effects and look for the main catalyst that allows us to sleep more peacefully in our beds. All of us here are marked by frustrations of how others have their role in playing this madness out, with each and every one of us in our individual ways, putting weight to each and every discussion with collisions based on our own identity 'as' individuals. None of what I'm to write next is an attack, but based on my own personal dilusion of how I see the world from my perspective.

Mike (DamnTheMatrix) has grasped a great deal of what is wrong with how the world feeds and clothes itself. Over years of experiencing frustration and ignorance of others, he's exasperated when confronted with that ignorance. He's so right most of the time, 'I' find it a sacrilege to question his responses from those who play out 'that' role.

Lee (Nonzeroone) has travelled extensively in his profession and seen more of the world than many. This allows him to hold his ground on a variety of topics that can be interconnected inteligently with good reasoning on human nature.

I could keep going here, based on 'my' observations of what I read here but this post I'm writing will just desolve if I continue. I hold great respect for both of you.

We're all waking up to the greater and bigger picture after sitting back, or being left silent, with each passing event happening around the world that is wrong and unsustainable. We all 'Know' that government understanding of these issues could have been resolved years ago. We all 'Know' that for the best part of our lives we've lived unsustainably, because the bigger picture that we were living before 'All Of This Mess' came clear, was hidden from view.

For the betterment of the majority? 

I like Ray Andersons dialogue in the film segment I've attatched to the two other posts I've written on this thread. He is a man who has come awake to the realities of what he has been part of creating.

We're living in a world that manufactures bombs that cost Billions of Dollars to design and create. There are people just like you and I, working in these factories that produce them. We're told they are built to protect our nations freedom - is this really true? Would the money that builds this madness be better spent on supporting our future generations lives with items built in those factories that didn't kill and mame? But these controlling devices have been around all of our collective lives and we are told they are a "neccessary way to protect our freedoms". Like a mantra recital, it lessons the realities weight.

We nolonger appear to live in a world of reason, where a simple suggestion that has value would be the direction taken. We're now silent and as obedient as lambs. We can now be controlled with the weight of thumb pressure just in the right place; or no physical pressure at all - just the very idea of that control keeps us at bay. Is it, I wonder, that we nolonger have a strong single voice on our own. Is it the pack instinct that looks for those that lead with ideas we come to make our own?

Has the nation of America been built from some acute madness that wasn't recognised at its inception?

Adam Curtis made this creation and hit a nerve in me. Will it effect you in the same way? Personally, I feel manipulated and controlled. Even when we have our very hands on the controls we think make the globe spin on its axis, they're just a dummy set with flashing lights and all...

The Trap

Paul

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

As usual, the posts are better than the topic.  I would only add that I think a sound government should be able to function in spite of human frailties and disorders.  In our cases, the governments are no longer calling the shots - countries are run by central bankers.  If our government adhered to the Constitution, their powers would be more limited and clearly defined and we would have checks and balances. And there would be no central bank issuing and controlling our currency; the greatest power of a nation. 

Criminal organizations like the federal reserve bank will always attract unsavory participants.  I think the article gives us some insight as to the make-up of the individuals who would exploit and harm humanity.     

Alex Szczech's picture
Alex Szczech

Things feel very wrong when doctors provide fertility treatment to a women who already has 6 children so she can add another eight children to an already overpopulated world! Frown http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11586625?source=rss

At least in Britain they have the good sense to limit implantation of embryos to two for women under 40 and three for women over 40 so as to avoid multiple births of this sort. 

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Alex Szczech wrote:

At least in Britain they have the good sense to limit implantation of embryos to two for women under 40 and three for women over 40 so as to avoid multiple births of this sort. 

We should get rid of In-vitro fertilisation completely. If a person (male or female) can't have kids then there's a reason why; biologically and genetically.

STOP TAMPERING WITH NATURE!!!

Headless's picture
Headless

Caroline said:

"We should get rid of In-vitro fertilisation completely. If a person (male or female) can't have kids then there's a reason why; biologically and genetically.

STOP TAMPERING WITH NATURE!!!:"

And albinos should be subjected to 6.49576837458 hours of sunlight....

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

...swimmming thred...tyme...efffortt...tthouughhhttt...yes...yyyeeeessss???.....yyYYEESSS!!!......hman...Huuumn........ naature...excuuse mee fr th sppelng,,i neeeded tu pt my hed smwhre too mufffle the screeaaaming...cnt type...gnnnn!!!!  Embarassed"POPPP SQUELCH!!!!"

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Nononezero,

You need to get hip to the fact that the world will never be a rosy place with gum-drop mountains and chocolate rivers.

Bad things happen. Bad things must happen.
Your analogy is bunk and you know it. Well, you would know it if you thought about it.

Forcing light on an albino and disallowing tampering with nature are two different things.

Be less argumentitve and more open. Aren't liberals supposed to be the open minded ones?
I'm confused as to why that never seems to be the case. ;)

Cheers!

Aaron

cat233's picture
cat233
Aaron Moyer wrote:

Bad things must happen.

What exactly does that mean Aaron?

Cat

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Hey Cat,

It means that there is a cycle inherant to all live.
It's far too easy to "attach" ourself to the "human" aspect, so lets look at an example...

Before any of us were born, the North American Elk was one of the most common animals in the northwest. According to the Department of Land management, there will millions of them. More common than deer. However, over time, their numbers thinned for a number of reasons.
First, because their numbers were so great, predators found them to be easy (and extremely tasty) prey.
Many herds were starved because it'd grazed off all it's food, had been pushed back by settlers who disrupted their habitat and they were forced to either die off or emigrate into the lands of one of the other herds. Now, in the Washington, we only have 2 main herds (Roosevelt, and Rocky Mountain), and their numbers are estimated to be about 5000 - the largest number of elk known to dwell anywhere.

In this example, we see three trends that occur with humans:
1. Growth beyond managable numbers (overpopulation), which causes systemic;
2. Lack of resources (Habitat and Feed)
3. Starvation and Diesase (Chronic Wasting Disease has begun to effect animals out here)

We have, without a doubt, grown beyond managable numbers and are now facing a lack of resources.
Many parts of the world are facing dought and famine on scales that we can't imagine being members of 1st world nations.

Now, I say bad things must happen because if they do not - these problems will only grow and grow until war breaks out or disease levels the population. There are historical imperitives that show this routinely happen through our history.

It's unfortunate and unhappy that nature does things to "cull" humans and other creatures, but it is so the strong can be allowed to survive and pro-create stronger creatures that are more suited to survival. Because ultimately, a situation will come along and destroy massive swaths of humanity (IE the Black Plague, Small Pox etc) and if this strengthening process did not occur, there'd be further reaching devastation and possibly extinction.

I hope I'm explaining this well enough.

Cheers!

Aaron

cat233's picture
cat233

Thanks you Aaron,

I just wanted to see what you meant.  I do wish the world could be a "rosy place with gum-drop mountains and chocolate rivers." Obviously I don't think it will be it will be either, or I wouldn't be on this site.  Though I can still dream about it.

Cat

britinbe's picture
britinbe

Paul,

Good post and great link.  It explains a lot.  I always question displayed persona over character, it gives a whole new insight!!

britinbe's picture
britinbe

All explains why no one in government will ever tell the truth. It isn't in their best interests to tell folks their lifestyle is a lie and unsustainable

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Britinbe,

Thankyou - thankyou - thankyou!!! You've hit the nail on the head, just as I thought this thread was dead and nobody was going to answer the three posts that I've written. The whole premise hit me like a house brick a while ago and it was so simple it hurt!!! Cruel world? You bet. It just needs others to read and comment on this thread to command more attention.

Watch this space...

Take Care,

Paul

P.S. A little something on how skewed and out of balance our actual political policies are considering this is Chris Martensons site and we're clued to 'Energy' realities :-

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

"countries are run by central bankers"

ONLY for as long as we continue dervicing our debts.....

Mike 

britinbe's picture
britinbe

Paul,

In essence you will always have society, parties and organisations; community can only ever be (in most situations based on modern living and psycology) a dream 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments