Why is CM.com advertising California Bonds?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Why is CM.com advertising California Bonds?

From my understanding, California is a bankrupt state, many astute insiders claim it is the most worst off economically in the entire union. Many reputable financial advisors are also not fans of bonds denominated in US dollars, especially long-term bonds in states or municipalities that are known to be struggling and/or have recently been downgraded or targeted for review and downgrade by the credit agencies.

Am I missing something? Can California Bonds actually be a safe and worthwhile investment right now?

Don't know how other's feel but it seemed to me like it was "sucker's bet" aiken to expecting the gov't getting a clue about putting its financial house in order and enacting responsible fiscal policy before a market crash/bond meltdown takes place..

JG

JAG's picture
JAG
CM.com has no control about

CM.com has no control about what is being advertised on the site. Google generates the advertising, loosly based on site content (keywords) and your individual search history.

Moderator Jason's picture
Moderator Jason
Correct, we do not control advertising

Hi JuanGalt,

JAG is quite right - we can't control what advertisements appear on the site.  They appear based on Google's computer's determination of what the site is about.  If a website appears to have something to do with the financial markets, Google will put those kinds of advertisements on the site.

Similarly, if/when advertisements for gold companies pop up on the site, we do not not approve of or endorse these at all.

Best,
Jason

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Re: Mod Jason...

Oh, thanks. I get it it now.

Gotta make a living I guess, I understand.

I just thought it was bizarre since it seems like pure lunacy to me to be promoting California Bonds, especially on a 3 E friendly and generally investment savvy site like this. I wonder who buys that stuff? LOL Perhaps wealthy parties not looking for a return but rather political influence.

The google ads help pay for the site, CM's business need and provide for his family.

Hopefully, the site grows and generates enough traffic to the point where he can recruit pick enough of his own sponsors and not just have anything identified by google pop up. That's a good place to be.

Regarding California, that may be the state that finally pushes the general US economy off the cliff (our Greece or PIIGS) if thngs continue. The fiscal management and politics of the state have to be by far the worst in the country. They are counting on wealthy foreign investors saving them because tons of small businesses, jobs and much of the middle class is leaving the state. High cost of living, high taxes, high regulation, high labor costs, anti-business atmosphere, overcrowding, overpriced real estate, pollution and clueless politicians are killing the state.

JG

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
controlling advertisements
Moderator Jason wrote:

Hi JuanGalt,

JAG is quite right - we can't control what advertisements appear on the site.  They appear based on Google's computer's determination of what the site is about.

In fact, it seems to me the advertising you get is determined by what you browse on the internet..... or where you live,  because here in Australia I tend to mailny get advertisements for solar power systems, advertised by AUSTRALIAN companies....

Mike

rjs's picture
rjs
Damnthematrix is right
Damnthematrix wrote:

In fact, it seems to me the advertising you get is determined by what you browse on the internet..... or where you live,  because here in Australia I tend to mailny get advertisements for solar power systems, advertised by AUSTRALIAN companies....

Mike

thats quite true; during the midterm elections, i often got advertisements from ohio politicians...i figure they're reading my incoming ISP...google aint dumb...

SteveW's picture
SteveW
rjs wrote: i figure they're
rjs wrote:

i figure they're reading my incoming ISP...google aint dumb...

Quite true. Last month I travelled to Oregon and got a completely different set of ads.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments