Who On Earth Is Nigel Farage?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Who On Earth Is Nigel Farage?

Germaine? Well. Hear me out first. 

Nigel Farage speaks of the Lisbon Treaty in the EU Parliament. He talks of post-democratic Europe with the people of the former nations of the

continent That's an issue. Post-democratic society. This King World News interview with Nigel Farage shows a screwball thrown into the process of a post-peak resource world. See, an argument could be made that our nation has moved in that direction. We are no longer a nation of states; We are a nation of districts with a federal center that is unresponsive to the public.

If we allow this trend to continue, then OUR voice, our message in addressing any issue related to the three E's is effectively dead.

Listen to this interview. It's very powerful. BTW. I find it both interesting and funny as hell that the tactic of "anyone opposed to centralization" is a "right-wing extremist" has found it's way across the pond. 

Do we really want to follow suit and progress through a post-peak era with a post-democratic political structure? 

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2009/12/9_MEP_Nigel_Farage.html 

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Re: Who On Earth Is Nigel Farage?

Boy, this guys got some stones---must need a wheelbarrow to carry them around. This EU constitution should give every American a fearful glimpse at what may come. The statist model is on the horizon. I've always believed that the Global Warming issue is the Trojan Horse that allows the enemy inside the gates.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

LOL. We're already there.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

LOL. We're already there.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

In answer to the question, a friend of mine at school was called David Farage, he had a brother called Nigel, wonder if it's the same guy...?

Nope, read his Bio, different part of the UK Kent not Newcastle. Formerly UK Independence Party leader, now a MEP (Member of European Parliament).

goes211's picture
goes211

Morpheus,

That was a great interview and very revealing.  It is good to know that there are at least a few good MEPs like Nigel Farage and Daniel Hannan.  I have not decided yet if it is better to be economically screwed in America or politically screwed in Europe.  Only time will tell.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments