4 posts / 0 new
Last post
grl's picture
grl
While Rome Burns, We Look to our Savior for Important Answers

This seeming fluff piece speaks volumes

CAPITAL CULTURE: World hangs on Obama's every bite

By JOCELYN NOVECK, AP National Writer  Tue Jun 9, 12:07 am ET

At the bustling Pi pizza restaurant in St. Louis, the staff has come up with a new mantra: "It's just pizza!"

Just pizza, and yet still, they marvel, customers are happy to wait well upward of two hours at peak time for a table. That is, ever since news came out that Barack Obama loved this pizza so much during a campaign stop, the owners were invited to recreate it in the White House ovens.

"We tell them it'll be two to four hours, and they say, OK!" says owner Chris Sommers, who traveled on his own dime to prepare the presidential meal in April. "This has been our own private stimulus package."

Pizza from St. Louis, pancakes from Pittsburgh. A juicy burger or a chili half-smoke in D.C., soul food in Chicago. Our new president eats something and the world wants to eat it, too. We've always cared about the words that emerge from a president's lips, but has there ever been such attention to the food that enters them?

"Well, White House cookbooks have always been popular — but no, there's never been this flood of interest before," says Eddie Gehman Kohan, editor of the "Obama Foodorama" blog (subject matter self-explanatory.) She sees a fusion of two potent forces: An escalating interest in food and food policy, and enormous curiosity in anything Obama.

Rest of it here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_foodie_in_the_house

mpelchat's picture
mpelchat
Re: While Rome Burns, We Look to our Savior for Important ...

WOW!

Obama Foodorama

Constant opinion shows, I mean news shows

Reality or better yet unreality TV

CSI - whatever one

Facebook, twitter and whatever comes next

1500 or so cable channels

We watch, we flock, we focus, we hope about things that matter not.

While....

Our government sets the largest wave of acts and laws to control everything we do and see.

Our government wages war for no good reasons.

Our government sends us into spiraling debt even through protests

While this happens our media gives us.....

Obama Foodorama

Constant opinion shows, I mean news shows

Reality or better yet unreality TV

CSI - whatever one

Facebook, twitter and whatever comes next

1500 or so cable channels

In short, the media gives us what we want or more like what will pacify us occupy our time and keep us from any truth.  Sadly, most people love this blue pill and feed right into it.

I just hurts me to think that the Cyberspace act will be put to law in the future and what will happen to the truth that this and other sight give to the people.  Time will tell.

KKPSTEIN's picture
KKPSTEIN

Sad.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Now, if we could only get Michelle to comment publicly on how it's *PILATES* that makes her arms look so good, I'd be a rich man...

Hmp.  I won't wait up.  Garden needs weedin'...

Viva -- Sager

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments