When will the people finally realise they have been duped those who were supposed to serve them?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
When will the people finally realise they have been duped those who were supposed to serve them?

The aircraft is at 40,000 feet with three engines out and the last one is running at maximum revs with its throttle wide open with falling oil pressure and the temperature is climbing into the red.

The plane is now losing altitude fast and heading towards the mountains.

The captain has just announced over the intercom that everyone should now relax and unfasten their seatbelts as everything is now running smoothly once again.

He states although we have just been through some turbulence, and are a little behind schedule, we are on course and will arrive at our destination safe and sound.

Then sitting in the third row you see the hostess open the cockpit door and see that both pilot seats are empty.

As you feel a blast of cold air hit your face followed by a rapid drop in cabin pressure which sucks the air from your lungs you notice through your window seat two figures fly past at high speed with parachutes unfurling behind them.

It is then you came to the realisation that something is seriously wrong...

rowmat's picture
rowmat
MODERATORS... I wish i could re-edit this!

"When will the people finally realise they have been duped BY those who were supposed to serve them?"

How about allowing a five minute editing window after posting? Cool

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Re: When will the people finally realise they have been ...

Row,

If there's an awakening it had better come pretty damn quickly!  Copenhagen, Cap and Trade Bill, Healthcare Bill, etc......Unbelievable set of balls on these people and the sheeple just continue to bend over.Yell

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Jump Rowmat! Jump! Get out of that plane!

Tim_P's picture
Tim_P

I don't think there will be an awakening for many.  They will go to their grave thinking that bad things are happening and the government is fighting the good fight, trying to save them and provide for them.  The main stream media will keep telling them that the goverment is working feverishly to stave off failure before it cuts back to Judge Judy or Real Housewives to continue the nights dumbing down of the audience.  When grocery stores are empty, they will get mad at the evil independent farmers since that is who the government will point the finger towards.  When the lights go out, they will get mad at the evil energy companies because the government and media will tell them how the energy companies are witholding power to raise profits and must be nationalized.

A lot of them have lost the ability to think critically and will just accept what they are told because it's easier than trying to figure out things for themselves.  Besides, there will be another reality TV show on in 5 minutes and that's more fun for them to watch instead of actually thinking about things themselves.

Sorry for being so negative, but I look around and I don't see a shred of evidence that some are willing to understand, no matter how clearly the situation is explained.  Too many of the people around me think the government is here to supply them with what they need for daily life.

Tim

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

LOL - funny analogy and right on the mark.

I would add that before the pilots and crew parachute out of the plane they would first rummage through passenger baggage looking for valuables.  They would tell the passengers that a magnetic zone was causing problems and that all passengers must immediately turn in all of their metal jewelry, diamonds, wrist watches and gold dental work.  The crew would be phoning their brokers telling them to short the airline.

Larry

rowmat's picture
rowmat
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

LOL - funny analogy and right on the mark.

I would add that before the pilots and crew parachute out of the plane they would first rummage through passenger baggage looking for valuables.  They would tell the passengers that a magnetic zone was causing problems and that all passengers must immediately turn in all of their metal jewelry, diamonds, wrist watches and gold dental work.  The crew would be phoning their brokers telling them to short the airline.

Larry

Yes I should have added all that to make the disaster 'complete'.

Well United and American Airlines along the WTC's insurer, QBE had an extraordinary amount of 'put' options placed against them in the last few days before the 911 attacks... I wonder who knew something?

Hmmm 'Goldman Sachs Airways'... has a kind of ring to it.. don't it!

'Golden Parachutes' for the crew and 'Lead Balloons' for the passengers.

docmims's picture
docmims
Tim_P wrote:

When grocery stores are empty, they will get mad at the evil independent farmers since that is who the government will point the finger towards.  When the lights go out, they will get mad at the evil energy companies because the government and media will tell them how the energy companies are witholding power to raise profits and must be nationalized.

Oh!  You forgot the EVIL MIDDLEMEN who drove the inflation in the Jimmy Carter years.  you must be too young to remember.

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Don't worry the banking system will save you and your government by offering you a big fat interest bearing loan.

docmims's picture
docmims
Thomas Hedin wrote:

Don't worry the banking system will save you and your government by offering you a big fat interest bearing loan.

Can I pay a little extra interest?  It would be PATRIOTIC!

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Only if you come and borrow some more from the bank to get that too! muh ah ah ah ah ah

docmims's picture
docmims
Thomas Hedin wrote:

Only if you come and borrow some more from the bank to get that too! muh ah ah ah ah ah

Maybe I could offer my kids to the bank labor camps?

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Tim_P wrote:

When grocery stores are empty, they will get mad at the evil independent farmers since that is who the government will point the finger towards.  When the lights go out, they will get mad at the evil energy companies because the government and media will tell them how the energy companies are witholding power to raise profits and must be nationalized.

You left out the gas stations with no gas.......

Mike

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

rowmats original question needs to be asked: "When will the people finally realize they have been duped those who were supposed to serve them?"

What a great example of the Socratic Method  vs the Scientific Method of debate and discovery.

The scientific side presents facts and evidence to hopefully lead to the truth.

Those of the Socratic side dispute facts and evidence which leads to more questions and more disputes.  Those from the scientific method of discovery will produce more evidence which will be challenged with more questions and disputes.  

The outcome is a loop that goes on and on, critical thinking is displaced by group thinking and the elimination of any truth or conclusion.

Larry

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Remember me...

docmims's picture
docmims
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

rowmats original question needs to be asked: "When will the people finally realize they have been duped those who were supposed to serve them?"

What a great example of the Socratic Method  vs the Scientific Method of debate and discovery.

The scientific side presents facts and evidence to hopefully lead to the truth.

Those of the Socratic side dispute facts and evidence which leads to more questions and more disputes.  Those from the scientific method of discovery will produce more evidence which will be challenged with more questions and disputes.  

The outcome is a loop that goes on and on, critical thinking is displaced by group thinking and the elimination of any truth or conclusion.

Larry

Dammit Larry you got me.  Although I am a scientific thinker, I TEACH using the Socratic method of challenging the facts.  what does that make me?Wink

ao's picture
ao
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

And there is ... I mean was a guy on board who worked for Goldman Sachs.  I think his name was D.B. Cooper.

docmims's picture
docmims

Yeah, but it begs the question: Where do we bail to?  I think I'll just take my chances here in America.Wink

Doc

Purveyor of the Socratic method and Hemlock

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Except I don't think the bankers will jump out of their airplane, they'll just toss us out and keep all of our luggage(property) and land safely.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

docmims wrote:

Although I am a scientific thinker, I TEACH using the Socratic method of challenging the facts.  what does that make me?

Hi Doc,

I think that makes you a conundrumarian Tongue out

But I suspect that you made your students challenge facts and information with facts and information - which may make you a scientific major and a Socratic minor and me a Socratic supporter of the scientific method - ouch Surprised

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments