Whats in the vaccines?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Whats in the vaccines?

Vaccines:

Flu shot. Do you really want one? I refuse to take another shot!

Getting 5 consecutive flu shots increases your chance of getting Alzheimer's disease 10 fold!

http://www.holisticoption.com/Pages/What_s_in_a_Vaccine_or_Flu_Shot__133.aspx

Who Makes Them,
and What’s In Them?

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/public_health/vaccine_who_how.htm

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Ruhh's picture
Ruhh
Re: Whats in the vaccines?

That is some seriously freaky ingredients. I wonder what the pro-lifers would say?

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

There's all sorts of groups that have issues with vaccines, always has been.  For instance, did you know the character Raggedy Ann was the icon for an anti vaccine group back at the turn of the last century?

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

The FACTS surrounding the benefits of the work of Jonas Salk and Edward Jenner are verifiable. 

Just my opinion, but developing a vaccine against polio and smallpox was a good thing.

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

Like the fact that only about 10% of the population of the world was ever vaccinated for small pox?  What facts are you referring to specifically?

tom.'s picture
tom.
Juvysen wrote:

There's all sorts of groups that have issues with vaccines, always has been.  For instance, did you know the character Raggedy Ann was the icon for an anti vaccine group back at the turn of the last century?

Thanks Jenna, I love the "for instance" stuff .. FOR INSTANCE ..

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen
Tom Loftus wrote:
Juvysen wrote:

Thanks Jenna, I love the "for instance" stuff .. FOR INSTANCE ..

Fascinating!  I knew that she had been used that way but didn't know much more beyond that.  I did know that the creator's daughter had died from a vaccine reaction, or at least soon after having had the shot.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Small obscure unimportant facts like:

An affliction with a pre-vaccination mortality rate of 35% (for the Variola major strain)  is now eradicated - with small stockpiles at the CDC in Atlanta and the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology in Russia.

300-500 million deaths due to smallpox in the 20th century - 2 million in 1967 alone.  The risk of that ever happening again all but eliminated.

Hundreds of thousands of survivors who would have been otherwise blinded by corneal ulcerations aren't blinded because they never contracted the disease in the first place  - following vaccination.

Jenna -

My point to investor is this - no one should argue that there MAY be issues with the contents of some vaccinations.  And having been the recipient of beneficial holistic treatment I have no issue with the source link provided pointing to an holisitc solutions site - but let's acknowledge that there just might be a bias on the site.  How about a few links to some AMA or New England Journal studies?

And let's at least agree that there have been some very beneficial and successful vaccination efforts in this world.

Now I just wish someone would develop a vaccination for my brussells sprouts to keep the cabbage looper worms away..........

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

But, but... how did the vaccine DO that if so few people across the world were vaccinated?  Well, they quarantined the virus (which was possible because the rash showed before it was contageous) and did what was called ring vaccination (I believe that's the term) where they had quarantined cases and then vaccinated the people surrounding the case.  Now, did the vaccine do most of the work or did the quarantine?  I think it was probably a combination, considering how few people were ACTUALLY vaccinated.  But most diseases are contageous *BEFORE* you get symptoms, so I think that small pox, while an interesting case, is not overly useful as a showcase for vaccination.

Edited for clarity.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

Every time you get a shot, eat something, drink something, breath, wear clothes, touch plants or animals etc. you are assuming some kind of risk.

Regardless of the actual "thing" that is happening, there is a risk present, eat tuna? You're getting Mercury, eat 16 oz tuna a day and you're getting more than enough mercury to reach toxic levels. Hell peanuts can be fatal if you eat them and don't know you have an allergy. Same applies to your home, do you know what's off gassing (VOC's), do you know what makes up your plumbing from the source (is there lead), is your Microwave oven seal effective to retain the microwaves, or are you getting small bursts as you stand waiting for whatever it is to heat up. Eating hamburger, EColi. Tea is high in aluminum too (not sure whether this was down to the leaf itself, or the preparation it was a long time ago), there was a study done in the UK years ago, that found that drinking tea could lead to an increase of 5 times of getting Alzheimers, strangely tea drinking seems to have transferred across the atlantic as the healthy beverage of choice.

Know your risk, for instance I can't take most anti-venins since I have a huge horse allergy (horses are used to create most antivenins). I know about it, so can recognize and keep clear of (as much as possible) most venomous snakes in the Continental US (and a few other places). I also have a latex allergy, that means if I need surgery no latex should be used.

The same applies to vaccines, antivirals, antibiotics, anesthetics (local and general), painkillers (Morphine and NSAID allergies), SSRI/SSNI drugs etc. Saying you won't take another vaccine ever is naive, suppose theres a vaccine with a 5% fatality rate, that stops a disease that has high communicablity (90%) and a 90% fatality rate, I'd take those odds. Since I'd have a 100% chance of being in the 5% or a 90% chance of being in the 90% (81% overall), reducing my chance of death by 76%.

Know your body's reactions, is #1, then know the ballpark of what risk you're assuming. Your doctor won't necessarily know when they administer something to you whether you're allergic, which is why they nearly always ask if you have any allergy to penicillin, or latex. Latex allergies for instance is becoming so pervasive that they're now switching to nitrile gloves as standard.

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

I've taken them for 20 years straight after contracting the Russian flu strain;  I'll put up with the "Alzheimer's risk."

With those imputed odds, by now I should already have been diagnosed with ...what was it?

SG

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

I'm thinking maybe this should be in the controvercial topics section...

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Because they're going to put nano-GPS locators in each injection, LOL?

SG

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

You never know ;)  But it's certainly something that gets people upset.  Just a thought :D

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Jenna -

Granted the thread is only 14 posts long, but so far the discussion has been polite from both sides.  Proving that potentially contoversial topics can be discussed.  At least with this sample group size of one.

BTW - I was not aware of the history behind the Raggedy Ann doll and the story of Marcella Gruelle.

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

You're right.  I'm just paranoid because I've seen lovely level-headed vaccine discussions turn downhill, FAST. 

Carry on

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

I don't think this deserves a controversial topic transfer.

I personally only pointed out that everything we take into our bodies (food, liquids, air, or medications) confers a risk, and how we can minimize that risk, but understanding ourselves, we don't roll off a production line in Detroit (actually I don't think that anything does now). Each of us (unless there are siblings on cm.com) came from a separate production line, about half of us are the production lines and the differences add up.

Do I believe in medicine, to a degree, we don't have the whole picture right now, and we don't understand a lot of what happens internally with our own cells, and we don't understand why peoples risks vary according to seemingly arbitrary differences (why is it that some people develop lung cancer after smoking half a pack a day for 20 years, and then theres the 97 year old who's smoked three packs a day since twelve who's still playing golf, with no health problems?). We just don't know. There are too many internal and external parameters to draw a conclusion. We could actually find out, by using morally questionable experimentation (i.e. entirely controlling someones environment, and nutritional pathogenic and toxic intake for the extent of their natural life), but is that started today we'd not find out the results of these experiments in our lifetimes. However this kind of experimentation makes stem cell research (to the general public) look like the Cosby show, even though we now know we can extract or create viable stem cells from living tissue.

It's a big deal to you when you turn out to be one of the 1% affected by some side effect of a drug, when even someone with similar genetics isn't; for example my sister is allergic to penicillin, I'm not, go figure (although there is the 50% chance that my sister got the other X chromosome from my Mom and definitely got the X chomosome from my dad).

I'm a rational, so if I'm playing russian roulette, I want to have the largest number of possible loadable rounds in the cylinder, and the smallest number of actual rounds loaded. to me a 5% risk is lower than an 81% risk, even if there's a chance of a long term side effect, because dying means reducing that risk is pretty futile, you need to live long enough for a long term side effect to manifest. YMMV

coyote-smiles's picture
coyote-smiles

Hmm.  I've had flu shots pretty much every year since I was about 12, when my mom got flu so bad she was delirious and hallucinating from the fever. We were a hair's breadth from taking her to the hospital.  She decided after that that we would all get the shots (mom, dad and me).

Flu shots, I found, were great for me because I became less sickly (I was a REALLY sickly child, I was literally sick with something every month and on antibiotics most of the time, and the frequency seemed to decrease).  Then a few years later I got a pneumonia shot as well (I had Mycoplasmic pneumonia 3 times in one year by that stage) and my sinus infections that I used to get about 5 times a year cleared up too for a couple years!  So I started getting one of those about every 3 years or so, too (got pneumonia again the one year that I was late getting it, ha). I also had allergy "vaccines" for a while, and those helped a lot while I was able to afford to take them a few years ago. 

I have never had flu since I started getting the flu shot.  This last winter is the first time I have not been able to get any vaccinations, because I lost my job and can't afford it on my own.  I've only had one full-blown cold so far since November because I attack the sniffles early with vitamin C and zinc because due to the cost of medical care, I won't even go to a doctor anymore unless I really think I'm gonna die, not even for "feminine examination" (unfortunately).  We'll see what happens, but right now it's looking doubtful that I'll be able to get any shots this year, either (and I'm due for another pneumonia shot this time, too).  Guess I'll have to just wash my hands and take my chances...

Due to my experiences to this date, I don't think that anyone could ever convince me successfully that vaccines, as a whole, are a Bad Thing(tm).  No matter what they're made of or what's in them.  I'm lucky not to have been allergic to any of them so far, I guess, and I'm sure that there are people out there who shouldn't ever have them, but different strokes for different folks, right?  We're all different with different bodies and different sensitivities.  There are people who are allergic to water, and to SUNLIGHT, for heaven's sake.  Still, the idea of a vaccination is a sound one for most people, IMO - it's a way to stimulate the immune system to be sensitive for and to quickly attack a particular nasty before it can spread and (most of all) get contagious or cause enough symptoms to make us miserable.  We'll never find one single chemical or vaccine that's completely safe for everybody, that works for everybody, and is cheap enough to produce that everyone can have it.

As I'm only 30, I guess it remains to be seen whether or not I'm going to get Alzheimers after 17 years of flu shots.  I'll try to remember to tell you all if I do.  Or maybe I should try to remember to tell you all if I DON'T....

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments