What will we eat?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy
What will we eat?

The Two Beers With Steve crew just wrapped up an excellent show with Chris Bedford, filmmaker of the film "What Will We Eat?".

Download here

This is a very Chris Martenson-Esque interview; Peak Oil, Energy, Economic, Environmental and solutions that are actionable.

Have a listen and your thoughts are appreciated (unless they are highly critical, you can keep those to yo-self, haha)

Steve (and I'm NOT taking a break from this site)

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: What will we eat?

Steve -

This was one of your best podcasts yet.

Now about those organic beers you promised.............

rowmat's picture
rowmat

I have started a new thread concerning this very subject about how this is being achieved by a local group here in Australia...

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/promoting-local-food-security-it-can-be-done/34257

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I did enjoy the podcast and  hope to be joning some of the locals that have set up farmers market  to see what we can  get going . 

Looking forward to checking out your thread Rowmat .

kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy

Full moon,

Have you checked out the Local Harvest website that Chris Bedford mentioned? It helps you locate local organic farmers, here is the link http://www.localharvest.org/ 

I found a few new suppliers I hadn't known beforehand. I'll be checking out that thread mentioned above as well.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, Rick and I are both in agreement as the direction of our little podcast and this is the type of show we need to be doing more of.

Steve

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson

I'ld be nervous to post about foods raised and cultivated in this day.

robie

joemanc's picture
joemanc

Steve - just listened to the podcast, that was great. The main theme for me was LOCAL, LOCAL, LOCAL!

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Steve ,

I will check the site out ,

I did go to some of the seminars at the college  but got very nervous with getting on anyone's list  with all the Govt. regulations  and permits .   It will take me some time watching to feel comfortable .  My gosh one gal could not sell her cucumbers so she sliced them ,put vinegar and sugar on them . They sold very fast but the next week the food police were at her door and she had to put in a commercial kitchen .

One Gal sells her muffins and baked goods ... says she can do it because she does not advertise and only does it when people call .  

I am not so good at jumping through hoops . 

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Robie  ,  why do you feel nerous ?   Worried some one will want to come count your chickens and how many eggs they lay ? ETC....    have      you had bad experience ?    Maybe  you should put this in Pm .    How private are those messages anyway ?

Woodman's picture
Woodman

Another great podcast.  In that spirit,  on the table right now are potatos, beets, onions, and eggs all produced from my backyard.

Tom

drbubb's picture
drbubb

I look forward to listening.

Your podcasts were one of the things that attracted me here, Steve.

kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy

Thanks Drbubb,

there is alot of criticisms on this site that there is no community or that is has been destroyed. I think the opposite is true, of course it could always be better. I'm honored to be the one who brought you here. I have to thank vanityfox for inviting me to the site.

steve

jerry_lee's picture
jerry_lee

Thank you for the show!.I didn't know about Chris Bedford's work nor did I know about localharvest.org. I'll be following up with both resources.

Here in Lancaster,PA we are in the initiating stage of Transition Lancaster of the Transition Town movement.

We also have a great deal of knowledge in the area due to the Amish and Mennonite farmers and the skills they've kept current. I've been working at building relationships with people who grow food locally for about 3 years. I've finally got an invitation to a surprise birthday party for a young Amish man tonight. They asked me to come and play harmonica....which, by the way, is a VERY sustainable instrument...no plugging in, no strings to change and you can put it in your pocket and take it anywhere!

Jerry

kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy

The harmonica, hmmm.

very sustainable, no exponential design, a very good EROEI.... I should take that up.

Steve

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Steve , I looked at  the  site and yes we are  there and registered .    Now not so sure this is such a good thing , guess time will tell.  Not all are preppers  many are just going for organic  and home grown .

As  for the preppers among us   getting together to make orders helps save shipping on a lot of things from seeds to herbs .  Plus When I get a call that the seed potato's  need to be ordered now because there is suppose to be a shortage .  I can e-mail everyone and we can get  it done .

One person can make the run to pick up wheat instead of everyone having to take off .  One person can make sweetpotato starts, A diffferent person is getting the Wine making class organized .... you get the idea.

We are in a very unpopulated area . Word travels faster than the wind  so it is easier to gather together than people who have to search  for like minded folks . Anyway what I am saying is  do  try to find each other because it lightens the burden  having many hands .

Also this is our lifestyle , not something we store in the basement incase tshtf .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments