What Will the Fed Say Next Week?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lemonyellowschwin's picture
Lemonyellowschwin
What Will the Fed Say Next Week?

Let's engage in rank speculation!  It will be fun!  Here's what I think they will say:

"The economy continues to suck big time.  Inflation will never happen.  We are going to up our purchase of Treasuries to $500 billion."

goldrunner1's picture
goldrunner1
Re: What Will the Fed Say Next Week?

Hows  this one.

Do to a new and improved counting method we just discovered we have twice as much gold in Fort Knox as we thought. We intend to sell the extra reserves on the market as soon as possible and use the funds to recapitalize JPM, GS, BAC, WFC. Not that any of these firms require additional capitol. We just think it would be prudent.

Goldruner1

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Lemonyellowschwin wrote:

Let's engage in rank speculation!  It will be fun!  Here's what I think they will say:

"The economy continues to suck big time.  Inflation will never happen.  We are going to up our purchase of Treasuries to $500 billion."

I predict that they'll tell us exactly what we want to hear.

My prediction: "The sub-prime crisis has been contained".

Wait, that's already been used.

Ready's picture
Ready

We have decided to return the unusual power given to us by the Federal Reserve Act to the people that can be trusted to make decisions that best suit the people of the United States and the world because we work only in the interests of the banking cartel. We are sorry we have manipulated the US economy and created policies that have caused this economic crash and the second depression under our watch. Clearly, the reason for our being is false at best, but really can best be described as fraud.

Until such time as the power can be legally transfered by act of congress, we will follow the direction of a team of leaders headed by Ron Paul and Chris Martenson. We also now release all documents and books to the public for review as we grant 100% transparency.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Rog

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Ready wrote:

We have decided to return the unusual power given to us by the Federal Reserve Act to the people that can be trusted to make decisions that best suit the people of the United States and the world because we work only in the interests of the banking cartel. We are sorry we have manipulated the US economy and created policies that have caused this economic crash and the second depression under our watch. Clearly, the reason for our being is false at best, but really can best be described as fraud.

Until such time as the power can be legally transfered by act of congress, we will follow the direction of a team of leaders headed by Ron Paul and Chris Martenson. We also now release all documents and books to the public for review as we grant 100% transparency.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Rog

Let me take it one further.

Congressman Ron Paul: Mr. Bernacke. Would you please tell the committee where in the constitution you are granted the power to coin currency? 

Mr. Bernacke: We have been given plenary authority over the banking system by The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 which also grants us authority to regulate the money supply. Besides the US Mint creates the dollar.

Mr. Paul: No I disagree. The Mint manufactures dollars. Who authorizes them to do so? And who issues credits via computer transactions? 

Ben: We do.

Congressman Dennis Kuccinich: Mr Bernacke. I don't believe that you answered my esteemed colleague Dr. Pauls question. Let me rephrase it. Where in the constitution, specifically are you granted the power to coin money? 

Ben: Nowhere.

Chairman Barney Frank: Let the record show that the question is misleading. Mr. Bernacke answered the question: "The Federal Reserve Act of 1913"

Congressman Alan Grayson: Shut up Barney. We all know you and Ben are golf buddies. Mr. Bernacke. You just admitted that there is no constitutional authority for you to coin money. Care to explain yourself? What then gives you the right to coin money? 

Ben: Alan, I understand that you have a very tight primary challenge coming up. Is that true?

Congressman Grayson: Don't threaten me. Answer the question.

Ben: We have the power to coin money because we control all of the money. We (Wall Street) stole that right fair and square back in 1913, How's the old ticker Alan? I hear you have heart disease in the family. You're not looking well.

Chairman Frank: Let the record show that Congressmen Paul, Kuccinch, and Grayson are in contempt of congress. Sargeant at Arms, please take the congressmen into custody. 

Congressman Kuccinich: We are congress!

Ben: Not anymore you're not. Get em' outta here Barney.

Congressman Brad Sherman: I have just received a call from the Treasury Secretary stating that if this line of questioning continues then martial law will be declared.

Ben: *on a cell phone*: Yes sir. yes sir. No sir. Sir, I deeply apologize. No sir. Absolutely sir. Yes, right away. Hold one second please. Thank you Mr. President.

Ben: Mr. Grayson. The President of Goldman Sachs would like to speak with you on the phone.

Congressman Grayson: Ohh crap!

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

I think we'll hear more "Don't panic, the recession is getting better.  We're almost through it."  In fact, i think we may be seeing this for several years.

jhelge's picture
jhelge

"Please! Please! Just put the pitchforks down and everyone gets a million dollars. Think of it, a whole loaf of bread for each of you!"

Well, maybe not next week, but it's really just a matter of time.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
jhelge wrote:

"Please! Please! Just put the pitchforks down and everyone gets a million dollars. Think of it, a whole loaf of bread for each of you!"

Well, maybe not next week, but it's really just a matter of time.

I think you misquoted Ben there my friend. I heard him say "we'll issue each of you a million dollars, at interest", not "everyone gets a million dollars".

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments