What happened to the ad?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
plantguy90's picture
plantguy90
What happened to the ad?

Maybe I was dreaming, but I thouht I saw an ad on this website a few days ago, from ready-pak, a freeze dried food vendor.  Its gone now, so did that (selling ad space) turn out to be a bad idea?

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90
Re: What happened to the ad?

Sorry I am mixing the company names, I meant thereadystore.com .

admin's picture
admin

The Ready Store ads are still on the site.  They are randomly selected from a variety of ads.  If you surf around a few pages, you will see one and can click on it.

Ron

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90

OIC, subscribers dont see the ads, so if I dont log in, I see them?

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Hey, Plant,

Did you compare the ReadyStore prices for LT packages with other places? I'm going to go buy some mountain house stuff locally Friday (either never had it or it was 40 years ago while spelunking...no memory) and see what I think in terms of taste. Don't like the sodium but not sure I will do better unless I spend a lot of time compiling basic stuff...oats, etc. Possible if the MH stuff is too salty.

SG

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90

I really did not check prices too much between Nitro-pak and Readystore, its pretty negligible IMO.  ReadyS does seem to have some more fruits and other items that are in-house brands.  I didn't opt for the pre-select collections, something both places say about substituting at their discretion bothered me, so I took the time to order item by item.  I actually ordered from both, Nitro for entrees, and Ready for fruit; I'll see how I like the service from each and then order more.  I saw somewhere that MH foods and the RS in house brands are probably made by the same factory.  I also grabbed some of those nuke iodine pills too, ya never know, now that the Fed is thumbing their nose at China...

admin's picture
admin
plantguy90 wrote:

OIC, subscribers dont see the ads, so if I dont log in, I see them?

Ah yes, that is correct.  If you're logged in as a subscriber, you won't see ads.  Just log off.

Ron

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Thanks for info. Am going to taste MH tomorrow, then probably do similar to you, thoughI I may email the dudes about that substitution clause ("Chinese newspaper dumpling, Chernobyl farm raised canned lamb," LOL).

I've had those KI pills for years (though I'm  not sure about the shelf life). We live 10 miles from "the country's worse run nuclear reactor", opponents say. If the wind blows out of the NE, we're toast, along with 1/2 million summer tourists. If it blows out of the SW, Boston's toast. It's a 50-50 shot there.That one I just don't think about.

SG

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90

Hey CS,

Both shippers ship within about the same time, the only difference is that Nitro-pak ships discreetly (no indication of contents or shipper info on boxes), while Ready-Store pastes their info all over the box, so contents are no kept secret.  thats about it.  I need to get my hands on a single serving to really know what that stuff tastes like. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments