What do you think?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
mconeco's picture
mconeco
What do you think?

I have recently watched Crash Course and will be presenting it to my association tomorrow. I only have an hour to show a few chapters, so I will be giving everyone in attendence a copy of the DVD. If you could only show an hour of CC, what chapters would you present? Thank you!

workhorse1569's picture
workhorse1569
Re: What do you think?

First of all, good for you!!!

It is hard to say without knowing more about your group and how much basic understanding they have.

When I tell people about the crash course, I want to get them to watch the whole thing so I make sure I share the parts that grabbed me the most.  what grabbed you the most? What made you go wow?

For me it was the stadium filling with water at an exponential rate and the copper mine and the discussion of mules. Maybe that's because I do some of my farming with horses.  See, it does depend on where you are starting from.

Good luck with that and let us know how it goes

Kate

ckessel's picture
ckessel

mconeco,

I would definately make sure they got the concept of exponential growth. It is the fundamental piece of the puzzle that ties economics, energy and the environmental issues together in a powerful way.

Coop

mconeco's picture
mconeco

Thanks for your help. I've decided to show Chapters 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 19. I will start my program a little early because the chapters I want to show are about 73 minutes. Have a great day.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

I would show 3,4, 17abc, and 18, Peak Oil is the most important point made in the CC because if it's true then it will be impossible to feed 6.7 billion plus people in the near future. 18 shows how the easy to get resources are running out which is also important to know about.

I was looking at a chart and before oil was discovered there were about 1 billion people on the planet and I don't think the average person back then had the food we have available today.

http://www.worldometers.info/population/

Greg

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer
Looking for people in S. Minnesota to help with presentation.

We're setting up giving a presentation in our town and would appreciate the presence of CM members to help with comments.

We've watched the Crash Course so many times it all comes natural to us but we're not sure how fresh eyes will see this information and want it to go over well.

We have had 4 years of preparing for peak oil and we are now at a point where we can work on getting the word out since we whole-heartedly believe that it is in our best interest to see to it that others are ready.

Send me a private message to let me know we can meet in town and we'll go over what the Game Plan is.

EGP

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments