What can you tell me about Koch Industries?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
land2341's picture
land2341
What can you tell me about Koch Industries?

I have done quite alot of research in the oil industry and now I come across Koch which apparently was sitting in plain sight the whole time.

Second largest privately owned company in the world?  And my, what a variety of endeavors they are involved in!!  And what an astonishing amount of "philanthropy" they engage in; conducting science on global warming and many other areas.

I feel like an idiot for not seeing them before.  So, since a search here turned up nothing I will confess to my idiocy and ask:  what can you all tell me about Koch?  Aside from - do they really pronounce it "coke"?

funkyspec's picture
funkyspec
Re: What can you tell me about Koch Industries?

Exiled online has a couple of articles on them:

http://exiledonline.com/exposing-the-familiar-rightwing-pr-machine-is-cnbcs-rick-santelli-sucking-koch/all/1/

http://exiledonline.com/a-peoples-history-of-koch-industries-how-stalin-funded-the-tea-party-movement/#more-20714

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Well it could be why we are not seeing the recession like other areas .....  we sit between Kochville and Buffettville .

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Well it could be why we are not seeing the recession like other areas .....  we sit between Kochville and Buffettville .

land2341's picture
land2341

The consolidation they have accomplished,  the number of so-called think tanks they fund,  the sheer volume of their political output in print and other media clearly begs the question of vested interest.

They are heavily into the Tea Party Movement which is looking more and more less like a grass roots movement and more like astrof-turf!  How does a company that was very instrumental in making money under communist regimes now the champion of market freedom at all cost?

We now must constantly question our sources.  We cannot even trust data "science" that comes from universities as many have been bought and sold by industry leaders with a point to make.  In every case you need to find out who is funding the message and then who does that funding source belong to?  Pathetic.  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments