What are some wise investments in the current market?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kurosawa's picture
Kurosawa
What are some wise investments in the current market?

I'm familiarizing myself with investing in precious metals, but does anybody have any ideas or information on investing in other things?  I know with the current market that there are opportunities everywhere.  Any short term investment ideas to look into?  I appreciate it in advance.

john50's picture
john50
Re: What are some wise investments in the current market?

I have done well with shorting the S&P using a 2x leveraged ETF, the next big drop ought to start within a week.

Japanese Yen did well, (USD/JPY sell); and so has USD (Eur/USD sell), and still have another month of decline left.

Bullion is not very good for speculators, not unless you get a really great cost and are willing to hold for decades. T-bills outperform bullion. 

When the stock markets hit bottom a year from now, then commodities will be a good buy again. If you buy them now, you can see a rise, but will also likely see a new lower price next year. 

T-bills are the best bet for most during the deflation phase, then buy hard assets after a turn up is proven.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments