Weclome Post...

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
YoungEntrepreneur's picture
YoungEntrepreneur
Weclome Post...

Greetings Martenson Community,

First post on the forums. Been lurking for a little while. Amazing amounts of truly helpful information on this site.

Awesome website, forum and community!!! Been looking for something like this. Sharing and exchanging ideas with like-minded people who truly get what's coming and are preparing for the major changes and trends that will soon be greatly impacting all our lives.

I'm from California but looking to move out of state ASAP and ultimately out of country, at least part-time. Relatively young professional with a background in sales and finance but open to most interesting opportunities and alternative career paths that make the most sense in the coming decades.

Looking forward to bouncing some ideas off the CM community and pitching in where-ever I can. Hope to get to know many of you in the coming months and years. A wild ride surely ahead. Best of luck to everyone!

To our mutual success,

YE

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Welcome

Welcome YoungEntrepreneur.  You will find that participating in the forums will add even more to your experience here.

Travlin 

YoungEntrepreneur
Thanks Travlin...

Love the whole community participation and mutual exchange here.

I'm afraid I got off to a poor start with a typo on my first subject post heading, (weclome instead of welcome) LOL. Oh well, never could type worth a darn.

Dig your signature. I use to be quite naive and trusting of my gov't. I bought their BS when I planned for my college education (too much in loans), bought my first house (bought too close to peak) and invested in real estate (not based on sound cash-flow priciples). I was totally ignorant and stupid with relation to economics. Made lots of mistakes on all those fronts.

Now I have a unquenchable thirst for education on practical survival matters, personal finance and investing, Austrian Economic Theory, contrarian, value and crisis investing and a much more global/international perspective on things.

Definitely went through the school of hard knocks there.

The bright side, I see ALLOT of opportunity ahead, have a plan and feel much more confident about what I'm doing and how to do it now. Forums like this are a HUGE help. 

Thanks. Hopefully bump into you on the message boards.  

Doug's picture
Doug
Welcome II

I'll add my welcome to Travlin's.  Judging by your abbreviated resume', you probably have a lot to share with this community.  Here's to many fruitful conversations, particularly in the coming trying times.

Doug

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated
welcome aboard

When I signed up for this community my name (typically mispelled) reflected my inner attitude toward my unsure surroundings and future.  Much of what I have learned here has reduced and even in places eliminated that aggravation.  At present there is convergence for us primarily on the internet, but there is a growing population of aware citizens.  Just today I spoke in person with a woman who mentioned that she was glad her husband was preparing for the future with food stores and back up energy.  This led to further sharing of ideas.  We're glad you are joining us and sharing your path with us.

Welcome.

YoungEntrepreneur
Thanks Doug...

Looking forward to it.

I probably can be fairly helpful on topics dealing with commercial real estate investment, securities financing, commodities, energies and agricultural investments, international investment and concepts like the multiple flags approach, stuff like that.

I also have quite an interest in advanced building technologies and sustainable living communities.

We'll see. Lots to explore here. Eventually it would be cool to arrange an event for the CM community to meet. An annual gathering or something like that if it's not already in the works. Thanks.

YE 

YoungEntrepreneur
Re: Aggrivated

Yes, I've been entertaining many of these thoughts for much of the past couple of years and only just recently  noticed more and more people seriously discussing them.

Orginally when I mentioned allot of these things to my peers, family and friends they looked at me funny, thought I was crazy and laughed me off.

Now, as many of the things I pointed out to them have either materialzed or attracted mainstream coverage, they are not so skeptical and critical. Once I even get the rare I should have listened to you or you were right (very satisfying I might add). Heck, I did not come up with any of these solutions or analysis. Like most people here, I just read other people's material and observed the shenanigans on tv, the mainstream media and our political leaders. Fairly easy to deduce certain things after that.

This should be ALLOT of fun over the next few years, ;) LOL.

YE

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
hi Young Entrepreneur

Hey YE, Welcome to the community! 

The forums and What Should I Do and other sections have ooodles of great info, but ask us any questions you don't see a topic covered. We love meeing another intelligent, can-do person with a sense of optimism: that's what attracted me to this site, the positive atmosphere. Things may get rough, but they wil be impossible unless we try to prep and change things to a more sustainable way of life.

Safewrite

YoungEntrepreneur
Right back at you Safewrite

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, tons of great info on the "What Should I do" area. The info here is quite voluminous.

Really looking forward to meeting and making friends with people on the board.

You're right, definitely a very positive atmosphere here.

The prep process is definitely going to take some getting used to. I've focused primarily on my financial prep. I sold my home and recently liquidated most of my stuff so I don't have much weighing me down, can move about freely and act quickly. I want to remain mobile as needs and opportunities arise.

I would really like to buy a small farm as as soon as it makes sense but not sure if I want to do that in the states or offshore. I want to spend a good deal of time in the US but probably split or perhaps spend most of my time offshore. Am very concerned with what the US may look like in a few years and don't trust this gov't one bit. I fear trampling on our civil rights and privacy, high taxes, capital and exchange controls and restrictions on travel.

Anyways, more on all of this later. Thanks for dropping a note.

YE

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments