WATER TOPIC: Okay, so FLUORIDE is poison! How about non-flouride enhanced Toothpaste & Mouthwash?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
WATER TOPIC: Okay, so FLUORIDE is poison! How about non-flouride enhanced Toothpaste & Mouthwash?

Anybody have any experience or suggestions regarding good toothpaste or mouthwash that does not have fluroide?

I can find some online of course but curious to see what others' experience has been with any particular brands. What changes, if any, have they have noticed in themselves or their kids once removing fluroirde from their water, toothpaste, mouthwash or in their coocking or bath water?

I think this applies to pretty much everyone here. I'm sure several CM members have already made the switch. Any interesting observations? Thanks. Input would be greatly appreciated. 

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Anybody have any experience

Anybody have any experience or suggestions regarding good toothpaste or mouthwash that does not have fluroide?

Baking soda and water.

YoungEntrepreneur's picture
YoungEntrepreneur
Johnny Ox: Yeah, actually heard about that one...

Works well? Nothing else really needed huh. That simple.

Hard to swallow all those years spending money on all fancy those teeth whitening/fluroride enhanced toothpastes. They actually did more harm tham good plus cost a bunch of money. That's just funny.

Tycer's picture
Tycer
I use soap.

I use soap.

I read somewhere that the glycerin in most toothpastes fills the pores in the teeth preventing recalcification by the saliva and that tooth soap was better. not being willing to buy some high dollar tooth soap, I bought a slice of peppermint soap from the local soapmaker and have been using it for tha past year. I just had my first full six month cleaning since beginning and the tech said she's never seen my teeth so clean. No joke. I wet my toothbrush, rub it across the bar and brush. If you try this, make sure no one gets something like scrubbing bubbles on it when they clean the bathroom sink. Ptooey.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Johnny Ox: Yeah, actually heard about that one...
YoungEntrepreneur wrote:

Works well? Nothing else really needed huh. That simple.

Hard to swallow all those years spending money on all fancy those teeth whitening/fluroride enhanced toothpastes. They actually did more harm tham good plus cost a bunch of money. That's just funny.

When I was a kid I had a buddy that moved to Kansas from the south. His mom always made him brush his teeth with baking soda. Who knew...?

If you try this, make sure no one gets something like scrubbing bubbles on it when they clean the bathroom sink. Ptooey.

Hahaha

Scrubbing bubbles would be the least of my worries around my sink.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Tycer: Interesting, worth a looksee

I've heard that pure baking soda can be a little too harsh on the teeth/gums so I'm not sure that that's an all the time fix. Perhaps occasionally.

The fancy toothpastes and fluoride are out for sure.

I may need to look into thistooth soap or peppermint soap.

Still need to find a good non-fluoride mouthwash though. Thanks.

plato1965's picture
plato1965
Soot and salt .. ?

(wikiextracted from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toothbrush)

William Addis of England is believed to have produced the first mass-produced toothbrush in 1780.

In 1770 he had been jailed for causing a riot; while in prison he decided that the method used to clean teeth – at the time rubbing a rag with soot and salt on the teeth – could be improved, so he took a small animal bone, drilled small holes in it, obtained some bristles from a guard, tied them in tufts, passed the tufts through the holes on the bone, and glued them. He soon became very rich. He died in 1808, and left the business to his eldest son, also called William; the company continues to this day under the name of Wisdom Toothbrushes.

Soot - abrasive + activated carbon ? Salt.. antibacterial ?

RogerA's picture
RogerA
Kedra

I started using a russian toothpaste named Kedra made from siberian pine, and is not going back. (The color is brown so if you absolutely want a white one keep looking). It is sold in usa too. Google kedra toothpaste. Buy from ringingcedarsofrussia.org.

On the topic of teeth and health. If you want to know why native people had no cavities, have a look here http://www.ppnf.org/catalog/ppnf/  (Also look at the links called Blotting)

Check out the book titled: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration , you can find a download here http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html .

Tycer's picture
Tycer
Dr Tichenors
JuanGalt wrote:

Still need to find a good non-fluoride mouthwash though. Thanks.

Dr. Tichenors has been used in my family for generations. Pour into the cap to the threads, fill with water, gargle. Walgreens carries it locally.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Tycer- Re: Dr. Tichenors

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll definitely check that out. Sounds like a good and inexpensive solution. Fairly priced on Amazon.

You know what they say, the mouth is window to your health so take good care of it.

Non-fluoridated water, toothpaste and mouthwash are a good start.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
RogerA- Thanks, this was good stuff...

Definitely worth a looksee.

Much of the doctor's findings are similar to what is recommended in the modern day Paleo Diet. Rob Wolf's book on the subject is a good primer.

I'll check out that russian toothpaste. Thanks.

dizzyfingers's picture
dizzyfingers
Ditto. It works. Powdered

Ditto. It works. Powdered mint can be added for flavor. (Dry your own mint; crush to powder, use blender to make it fine.)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments