WAR -- Iran and Israel

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
gauntlett's picture
gauntlett
WAR -- Iran and Israel

I'm becoming more and more concerned about the potential conflict between Israel and Iran.  If there is war then Iran considers an attack by Israel an attack by the United States.  Yikes, this really isn't promising.  Imagine what would happen to the stock markets, oil, gold, and the US dollar.  

Read this article: http://www1.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5651

john50's picture
john50
Re: WAR -- Iran and Israel

America has commited to back Israel. Iran will not stop their race to develop nuclear warheads, due in the new year to spring according to some. An Israeli pre-emptive strike is likely sometime this winter, certainly before the nukes are ready.

It is a matter of survival for Israel, do or die. The stakes are much higher than admitted. Iran has a 'Shanghai pact' with Russia and China for military alliance, as an Asian counter to NATO.I see the start of the was as virtually inevitable, but this will not be a small skirmish that is over in a few months.

The implications are huge. Certainly war is inflationary, and will involve monstrous expansion of debt. I would not wish to be a young American or Brit, being sent to the front. 

gauntlett's picture
gauntlett

Correct me if I'm wrong but the implications would probably be as follows:

UP:

Gold, Oil, Interest Rates (People will want a premium to hold dollars), Potentially defense stocks

DOWN: 

Equity Markets, USD, Bonds

What did I miss?

-Trevor 

tigerlump's picture
tigerlump
War with iran would lead to total world economic collapse,considering the current economic environment.
gauntlett's picture
gauntlett

So, is anyone preparing for this is a possibility?

If this happened gold is going to look like a steal at todays prices.  

tom.'s picture
tom.
I don't know how to prepare for nuclear war ... something about surviving that, and becoming better off financially makes me ill.
rlee's picture
rlee
Nothing missed here as potentials.  This part of the world has been at war since... forever!  The difference now is that they don't fight with rocks and sticks.  This will become - just as a matter of energy stakes - WW3.  My prediction is that the nukes will come out quick, and they will be from all sides when they do.  It may not happen quite as quick as everybody here predicts though.  The worlds money can't finance anything that big just yet.  Israel needs our backing, and our military stuff (bullets and the like), but Ben and the Beltway Boys need a bit more time to shore things up before they launch the next plan to get us to 'buy in' to backing another invasion (pun intended!).
krogoth's picture
krogoth
If Israel is threatened at all, they will attack. US approval or not. Iran is a direct threat to them, so I expect a mass bombing from Israel anytime now. Israel does not mess around. Mossaud kills people if they are even suspected of being a terrorist before trial, arrest or anything. Yes the above comment is right, they have been fighting for a long time now. BUT the nukes Iran already have or are being developed are new in the equation. I seriously doubt Americans or the British will need to get involved on the ground, unless other Arabic nations attack Israel. Then we are in it. Believe me, Israel has enough nukes to make Iran a glass parking lot. Watch close now, Venezuela, Syria and N. Korea are lining up to be the next enemies.
TruthSpeak's picture
TruthSpeak
Isreal is the most detrimental relationship this country has ever had. Maybe if they were more diplomatic and fair with their neighbors we would not have the problems we have today in that regions. People need to open their eyes. It is too bad that their lobby is ulta powerful and no goverment leader ever stands up to them.
krogoth's picture
krogoth
Fair and equal treatment

All countries-

If we are going to lend support, it should be on a fair and equal treatment level. If you want to talk the Middle East, then Egypt should not get 2 billion a year in aid, and other countries in the middle east get next to nothing. Giving aid to a dictator like Mubarak only keeps things cool for the Suez canal.

As for Israel, we have given military and nuclear aid to them in the 100's of billions for decades now. To tell you the way I feel, I think we should give aid to no one unless the American people vote on it, but that system does not exist. It should  be like a yearly voting system where we decide where our tax dollars go. Then we just factor in a certain amount, like 10%, to emergency conditions or major catatrophies around the world as they occur. We have plenty of people that need aid in the world, and it has nothing to do with military supplies, nuclear weapons or dictators using American tax dollars for who know's what. 

If I had my way, we would not give aid to ANYBODY or ANY COUNTRY until our country started giving internally to greatly improve OUR systems, all of them. From education to infrastructure to job creation. Then once we are OK, then start looking to the world to help as we can.

Golden Age's picture
Golden Age

[quote=arjurado]Isreal is the most detrimental relationship this country has ever had. Maybe if they were more diplomatic and fair with their neighbors we would not have the problems we have today in that regions. People need to open their eyes. It is too bad that their lobby is ulta powerful and no goverment leader ever stands up to them. [/quote]

Israel was created as a nation by the U.N. in 1948,  The following day Israel was attacked by Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and  Iraq.  Israel has subsequently been attacked by her Muslim neighbors in 1967 and 1973. Currently Ahmadinejad has stated from the floor of the U.N. that as soon as Iran gets the Nuke, he will wipe Israel off the map. 

In the meantime, Israel is continually attacked by Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Fatah and Hamas.  The charters of all these Islamic terrorist organizations states that they will not accept the existence of a State of Israel. Israel has never stated that she will not accept the existence of any Muslim nation. 

To make a statement that Israel needs to get along better  with her neighbors exhibits a total lack of the reality of the situation.  The facts are what they are.  Check out the facts on the internet and you will see that is the Islamic terrorists who attack Israel and Israel only reacts to protect her citizens. 

TruthSpeak's picture
TruthSpeak
Check out the facts? Maybe you should read history. Have you ever heard of the stern group or haganah? Those are Israeli terrorist groups that were operating in Palestine attacking both Muslims and British in the late 1940's. Why don't you look up the bombing of the king David hotel? Do you know who carried it out? Take a wild guess. The majority of the Israelis in Israel are European descent. They abuse Palestinians with American weapons. I do not condone terrorism of any kind but have you ever researched as to why they commit those acts? It is because of complete oppression by the state of Israel. You need to check you facts not what media tells you. I agree with the Gentleman that wrote right after my post... we should vote as to who gets aid, that is if we want to give any period.
TruthSpeak's picture
TruthSpeak

This should bring some more clarity. Great Article.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1035415.html

SHTF's picture
SHTF
Re: Fair and equal treatment

I agree with krogoth regarding aid. My position is that when we have illiminated all the poverty in the USA, fixed all our bridges and filled every pothole, then we can start looking at giving aid to foreign nations. We have a pretty poor track record of making friends with the money we hand out.

I'm guessing there is a moderate chance that prior to January 20, 2009 Israel will launch a preemtive strike against Israel. John Bolton (forumer US UN ambasador) has said the same thing recently. We all know that Ahmadinejad is trying to get that last 12th imam zaman to return and the best way to do it is by causing great crisis in the world. That sick SOB really believes in that, so what better way to create a great crisis than to lob a few nukes at Israel? 

I don't like to capitalize on trajedy but I think the little wealth I have is at stake with a collapsing economy and possible collapse of the US monetary system. So anything I can make now may help me keep my head above the water when the SHTF.

I'm planning to fund my futures trading account ASAP and buy some gold and crude oil futures options to hold long positions through January '09. There is way too much risk and volitility in the markets now for me to consider buying standard futures contracts. 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

i happen to agree with ajurado

the state of israel is a terrorist state. it was founded on terror. it stole land and property form muslims and created three generations of refugees.

israel would not exist without u.s. aid. the rothschilds who own the u.s. built the knesset and the israeli supreme court. and have contributed much else.

our foreign policy in the region has been a disaster becuase of israel............and they dont even have any f%^&*(*ng oil.

we just elected a pres who named rahm emmanuel his chief of staff..............hello

most people are not aware that iran has played a major role in iraq. the decrease in the amount of violence had more to do wiht iran chilling out their shia brethren than petraeus and the surge.

i would like to have you post the full quote from the un of ahmedinajad. it has been grossly misrepresented here.

fianlly iran became a problem just like saddam when they wanted to decouple from the u.s. oil hegemony.

first iraq started taking euros then iran started an oil bourse. nukes my lilly white ............its all about oil.

tom.'s picture
tom.
[quote=joe2baba]

we just elected a pres who named rahm emmanuel his chief of staff..............hello

[/quote]

Personally, I hope for the best but I am keeping this possibility in mind ..

FNKRoue's picture
FNKRoue

"The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from)."

"Ahmadinejad acknowledges that the removal of America's powerful grip on the region via the Zionists may seem unimaginable to some, but reminds the audience that, as Khomeini predicted, other seemingly invincible empires have disappeared and now only exist in history books. He then proceeds to list three such regimes that have collapsed, crumbled or vanished, all within the last 30 years:

(1) The Shah of Iran – the U.S. installed monarch

(2) The Soviet Union

(3) Iran's former arch-enemy, Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein

In the first and third examples, Ahmadinejad prefaces their mention with Khomeini's own words foretelling that individual regime's demise. He concludes by referring to Khomeini's unfulfilled wish: "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time. This statement is very wise." This is the passage that has been isolated, twisted and distorted so famously. By measure of comparison, Ahmadinejad would seem to be calling for regime change, not war. "

source:

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/norouzi.php?articleid=11025 

make of it what you will.  I only spent 30 seconds searching to find this 'opinion' which links to the full speech accused.   To play the devil's advocate one might be concerned in the middle east over your future when a country like the US can only survive it's econmic issues through exercising military might against countries... well, like theirs. 

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Those three generations of refugees have been surrounded by their Arab "brothers,", usually ignored by them, occasionally massacred by them, as by King Hussein, a fellow Muslim. Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. 

I expect, as usual, a rise in antisemitism worldwide as economic conditions worsen. Antizionism is, unfortunately, just another brand of antisemitism. With no State of Israel, Jews are toast. Hitler proved that. 

They don't just roll over anymore.

Am Yisroel Chai.

SG

TruthSpeak's picture
TruthSpeak
That is the problem with many israilis and  also jews here in america. Anything critical of israel is considered anti-semetic. I try an call things as they are being a half-jew myself. It is what it is. As an american I chose america first. If one were to read the regions history ( past 70 years) one would realize that their is a large bias towards an extremely small minority in the region on our (America) part. I believe we all have a right to exist. In order to have peice both sides (Israel and Palestinians) must compromise. I was excited about the recent election. It is unfortunate she could not form her coalition because she refused to give in to the orthodox. But is is a step in the right direction. Please don't play the anti-semite card.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments