Wanted to Buy, Sell, or Swap--Anything Legal!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor
Wanted to Buy, Sell, or Swap--Anything Legal!

I don't know why I haven't thought of this before, though I just noticed Plickety's post that did not quite meet my needs. I would like to start a thread for selling, buying, or swapping items. I would think you could post any legally transferable and shippable (guess you could go pick it up) item. You would avoid Ebay (TM) fees on both sides and be able to bargain about prices individually and send pictures directly if you did not want to post them. Also, Ebay does not sell such things as pistol/rifle magazines and other legal items. Maybe you want to sell some of aunt Millie's silver flatware or a hard-to-find tool or utensil. I suppose you could offer a finder's fee if someone located something for you. I'm sure we are all honest folks here but I'm afraid that it is caveat emptor. I also have no liability if that nice man you contact and agree to meet to buy his antique hatchet turns out to be an axe murderer.

Of, course I will start with my own request to buy pistol magazines, new or used genuine HK, for a 9 mm H and K P7PSP, not the P7M8 model. I'm also looking for AR-7 .22 magazines.

I would also like to sell or barter only twice worn men's shoes, hard-to-find "Original Bates Floaters", unbelievable ankle-high leather, genuine sheepskin lined shoes in Men's 10 1/2 Narrow. I also have a pair of twice worn Rocksports Prowalkers, grey leather, size 10 1/2 Medium. I've worn orthopedic shoes my whole life and my inserts won't fit in either of these. I don't even know if they still make the Floaters. I donate a lot of stuff but I'm annoyed I spent the $ on these shoes.

Well, let's see if the thread idea floats and is helpful.

SG

PlicketyCat's picture
PlicketyCat
Re: Wanted to Buy, Sell, or Swap--Anything Legal!

Might be a good idea to post your location if you're looking to buy/sell/trade... makes it a lot easier to estimate shipping charges and driving distances ;)

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

My wife & I have a fair buncha things we're going to bid farewell.  I'll post a comprehensive list before long.

Viva -- Sager

Bill MacGregor's picture
Bill MacGregor

Don't you have a LETS groups near you - the Local Exchange Trading Systems or Schemes? These are local community-based mutual aid networks in which people exchange all kinds of goods and services with one another, without the need for money. Local groups agree to swap time or goods with each other  - an hours gardening for a couple of shovels, for instance. We paint you house, you feed us etc.

Learn more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Exchange_Trading_Systems

Cheers

Bill

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Nope.

SG

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Tuna and Salmon Freebie

Freebie for anyone without significant liquid assets who is struggling to prepare, and is willing to pick up in the Chicago area (or is located in a convenient Chicagoland community for us to drop off):

7 cases, of 60 cans each, of tuna and salmon, expiration dates many years hence.

Septimus's picture
Septimus
Re: Tuna and Salmon Freebie

Hi Cloudfire,

Thank you for providing this generous offer to a Martenson reader. I am posting to commend you for your action, not to try to take advantage.

Sincerely,

Septimus

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Septimus wrote:

Hi Cloudfire,

Thank you for providing this generous offer to a Martenson reader. I am posting to commend you for your action, not to try to take advantage.

Sincerely,

Septimus

Why, you're welcome, Septimus, and I'm happy to surmise that you don't meet the qualifications. 

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Very cool, C1.

SG

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Tuna and Salmon Freebie
C1oudfire wrote:

Freebie for anyone without significant liquid assets who is struggling to prepare, and is willing to pick up in the Chicago area (or is located in a convenient Chicagoland community for us to drop off):

7 cases, of 60 cans each, of tuna and salmon, expiration dates many years hence.

Going once . . . . . .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments