4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
Wal-Mart and the dead economy!

Who said the economy wasn't dead?

Wal-Mart starts selling coffins
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8333198.stm

A business plan from the cradle... to beyond the grave!

"Now let me see, I'll take the barbecue setting in green, three packets of size 8 fish hooks, the wind up rechargable flashlight oh and the 'American Patriot' steel casket for 'Pops'... it's okay it should fit on the roof of the Mazda... don't you thnk?"

I wonder if they'll begin offering 'Frequent Dying Points' as a reward for loyal family shoppers?

After Grandma and Grandpa maybe the next generation could get a discount?

Choose your favorite here

Maybe they're hoping the swine flu pandemic will really take off. Wink

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
Re: Wal-Mart and the dead economy!

I know  this is suppose to be wow ,  but wow  think of the savings there  !     My husband brought me home an article from the Omaha   Paper on a fancy cardboard box the kids could decorate  and put his body in .     This may even be cheaper than cremation .   

If you can get the body in the ground in 24 hours you do not have to embalm .  You can get a permit to bury on your own property for $200 !  Well our cemetery plots are not  much more than that  but you can't get anybody to dig on Sunday , the price of a backhoe is $75  an hour  probably worth the money . Now to check into the durn old vault  they think you got to have .  

What do ya think  should we get a couple to have handy  for the hard times to come , or will the price come down ?  Everyone will need one. Better take the truck into town for that one and scratch the Idea of not drawing attention to prep work .

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Dead money!

I believe in cheap, births, weddings and funerals.

By that I don't mean degraded, just minus the ridiculous guilt ridden dollar extraction game.

And don't get me even started on aged care.

That's the last stage of wealth transfer before the plug gets pulled.

The amount of money people get sucked into handing over for these things can leave debts that last years.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
Re: Wal-Mart and the dead economy!

I know what you mean , I have not paid more than $75 for delivering  a baby yet !    Was amazed at what the hospital prices were going for .Looking for a good midwife to move  closer to our area .

We do big weddings (300 +people )  for under a $1000 for the weekend .  Now this could be cut down to $100 if we need to cut people  but you just have to celebrate some things in life .

I can talk cheap now but will I be able to think cheap for funeral if I am under stress ?  Not so sure . I see that we have to order these caskets that will definitely  put a squeeze on the time limit  for embalming .   Cement is high now so the vaults are not cheap.  I am not so sure that my cousin did not have to buy a small one for the cremation urn.   Well it may come in handy that my #1 son is now in concrete business.  Maybe I had better try talking # 2 into funeral director /embalmer .    The funeral directors are paying the walmart prices and jacking them up for sure .

Keep digging up these bargains for me , will ya !

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments