Volcanic Venting in California & Nevada?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
elsur's picture
elsur
Volcanic Venting in California & Nevada?

There appears to be volcanic venting in California and Nevada.  As of a couple days ago it was only one vent in southern California.  Apparently in the past 12 hours there have been 5 new locations that are venting.  Has anyone else heard anything about this? 

www.youtube.com/watch

Ken C's picture
Ken C
USGS rules out volcanic origin of plume-like feature

USGS rules out volcanic origin of plume-like feature seen in NEXRAD in Mojave Desert (California)

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/lvo/

elsur's picture
elsur
Then what does the USGS suggest is going on?

The USGS does not offer an alternative explantation.  Since the USGS states that it doesn't appear to be volcanic activity, then what is their explanation of what is going on? 

The above article does not to have a date, and is responding to inquires around activity on July 23.  Since the 23rd, there has been continued activity visible from radar observations, in now six locations in California and Nevada.

Here's another youtube discussing an earlier report from the USGS from a few days ago.  Again, they state that this is not volcanic activity, but offer no alternative explanation.  This was when there appeared to be only one area venting.

www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse#p/u/7/Kb0YHAnjNTs

Any info or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Elsur

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
the guy's a HAARP fanatic

elsur,

Please consider sending this topic to the controversial topics forums. Dutchsinse is a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

Do you honestly belive that the major news outlets would have any reason to not report this? They are all about ratings and sensationalism. Erupting volcanic plumes are pretty specatular, and they have no incentive not to report such things.

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
elsur, Do keep us

elsur,

Do keep us informed. 

Thanks,

Ernest

elsur's picture
elsur
More Possible Volcanic Venting - Mt. Shasta Area

I cannot personally vouch for this youtuber, although he does seem to be using legitmate radar and satelite feeds.  I have been checking his site since he began reporting on what seems to be volcanic activity.  Here's a video he posted today about apparent, potential volcanic venting happening in northern California and northern Nevada, this time near Mt. Shasta, and surrounding areas.

www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse#p/u/2/zF-NMDciLYY

This youtuber does go into other subjects, including HAARP, earthquakes, weather, etc., however, I am not interested in shooting the messenger.  If what he is reporting on, regarding volcanic venting, is accurate and correct, then this is something we may all want to be aware of.  If this turns out to be a false alarm, or an inaccurate assessment of what is going on, then I for one would be relieved.

On another note, I found the video he posted on March 9th, warning of increased volcanic activity in Japan interesting: 

www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse#p/u/571/m9ewsmlOUHc

Elsur

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer
venting

I think we're seeing a shift in how humans handle information.

There was a huge who-ha on godlikeproductions (a controvertial site) about a guy who said there were volcano plumes coming from some California calderas and he made a video saying so. The Geological Service wrote him a letter that he wasn't correct and that the calderas didn't have plumes. He posted the letter from them on youtube...and then the caladeras plumed again in a few days or was it weeks...no further comment from the "geological authorityies". Eggs is clearly on their faces! (Why is this not in the news? I can't answer that so ask them why they run trash).

I'm not going to list links to this because this is the kind of "authority" saying "its so because we're the experts andyour wrong" without giving clear reasoning,, intellegent responses or offer alternative answers -like "We don't know". This is another show that our "experts" are not as willing to accept that people care and study what is going on and the internet feeds them information.

There are several other cases of ameteurs finding info that is valid and not being given answers in a forth coming manner by "experts". One instance (that has me on the edge of my seat) is the connections amateur astronomers have made with elenin and they have detailed information stating that the comet corrolates with quakes and has for years. They put predictions of future event dates on youtube and it happens. This happened twice so far-once with a March 8th youtube video by 9nania who predicted a March 11th event. It happened in Japan. Another claimed the July 7th configuration of the planets and the comet would have an impact on Saturn. It happened. Saturn is storming. Both have predicted that as this comet gets closer to the sun - solar activity will increase and it has. NASA's response has not been one of answers but rather they are saying it is coincidence - for all 25 times this comet appears to have affected plate tectonics.

I'm relieved that NASA is finally making an effort to address the conserns of the people who pay the taxes that pay their wages and are turning Stereo B satelite toward the comet since confirmation of its diameter and composition have not yet been determined. During the next few days, several  groups in Australia, UK and Russia as well as the US will be pouring over the data and make assesments and till then, amateur speculations will over power the conversations. I've got ants-in-the-pants till at least one of them comes up with a valid theory as to WHY this comet is so associated with quakes, volcanoes and other annomolies. 

But on a bigger picture- When people are given unlimited information, they will naturally delve into it whether they have simple interests or serious ones. Thats what happens when information becomes free and I for one think its a wonderful thing and though we are in the growing stages of how to absorb all this vast information, those with natural talents to process the information are immerging. I think Chris Martenson is one such example of the success of this system.  I'm giving others a wide girth and taking the info with a grain of salt as so many of the claims amaters are speculating about have a basis of truth in it and if they want to be heard, I can listen and assess the info for myself. I refrain from passing all info out because though these people may be 90% correct, they have an un-proffessional edge that tains the info and makes it look un-proffessional.  I'm not one to throw the baby out with the bath water so I have no problem with others not sharing links (I can search with the best of  'em). As the internet becomes more mature, I think the nature of information will also become more mature. . . hopefully.

Elsur - keep up the good work. No shooting the messenger from me either.

EGP

Wendy S. Delmater
Japan predicted?

Japan predicted? Interesting.

Okay, I will keep an open mind.

Wendy S. Delmater
EGP - I agree

EGP - I agree that the way humans handle information is changing. Maybe they will get their information from alternative sources (they are) but hopefully they will check facts, like on Snopes. Here's how I handled the information in the title post.

I looked at the post's associated links. This led, for one thing, to the "prediction" about Japan (which was based on gravitational pull from the commet (planetoid?) Elenin, which is a whole 'nother subject.). It also led to dutchsinse's YouTube videos on other subjects. As far as the volcanic venting is concerned, I did not have enough information as of last night but he seems to have at least some independent corraberation as of this morning.  As far as his other topics, they did not give me confidence in him in general.  He seems to think he can predict severe weather by looking for HAARP rings on radar. Okay, I did a search: did he predict the tornadoes in Joplin, MO, or northern AL in late April? No. But he made preditions on 7/31/11 that were supposed to happen in 24-48 hours, so I tracked those. 100% dead wrong. Then there was a post about multiple moons around Venus.

This sort of thing does not instill confidence in his volcanic plume videos. But as my ex used to say, even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer
SafeRIGHT!

Yeap - wade through all the bs to get to some interesting stuff! Get ALL your filters on.

I , for one, am waiting for the August 4th details about Elenin, comet, black hole, dwarf star . . .whatever it is. I personally checked the nasa/jpl trajectory and position at the time of all past known seismic activity (I looked up the dates of all the major quakes) and found a 100% activity when there was a straight alignment, 80% when there were squares (unless you count swarms) and not just on our planet. Saturn produced lightening storms a few years early and for now, as this comet nears the Sun, more active solar flares of higher intensity are being noted.

Which is why rumors abound about the activity and I hope that the explaination NASA gives in a few days will help understand why the annomolous activity associated with this comet that is only suppose to be 3 - 4 kilometers.

Note, the 9nania prediction did not predict that Japan would quake, only that there would be a quake. I found this to be a theme in all the Elenin predictions that were acurate. The activity from Haiti quake, the Indonesian Tsunami, New Zealand, Iceland, Japan, Chili all match the comet alignment positions,

Also note, the guy who talked about the plumes in Nev./California was right about-  that there were plumes, contrary to the USGS's letter. These were not predictions but his observation. The USGS never saw them the first time. My point in mentioning this was that people themselves are observing things and this makes for more eyes on the ball than at any time in history. . . and again, some people seem to have a natural talent that with some refining and verification could mean a huge collection of information like humans have never seen before. What a resource of brain power.

Feel free to PM me if you want need help in going over data. I'd be happy to help anyone who can intelligently discuss this.

EGP

jumblies's picture
jumblies
I watched his video and a

I watched his video and a couple of related ones and I see what he means, when looking at the radar plots, but I wonder why nobody has seen these plumes in the flesh. And if this is as potentially serious as an imaginative mind can make up, how about sticking a few cameras up trained on the areas taking period snaps (or ones with motion sensing). Would make a nice day out.

venzel's picture
venzel
volcanic vents in N. cal

Hi, I was just wondering if there is more info about this. I was at the American river yesterday and while sitting near some rocks my daughter showed me where there were bursts of warm water. It seemed that mostly one rock was the spot and even under the running river water, the rock was warm to the touch and every few seconds there would be a breath of warm water. I say breath because it came in a consistant patern like breathing. I have been looking for information on volcanic vents in that area, but couldn't find anything and i found this site. could this be part of the venting that is supposedly taking place in the sierras? It is closer to Folsom that Shast? Any hints?

Saffron's picture
Saffron
volcanic vents

venzel, you could do a search for sinsedutch on the internet (this is the guy who first pointed this out online ... he used to be dutchsinse) and see if he's posted more on it. If not, he'd probably love to hear from you to add that to his information ... it seems to be wonderful confirmation of what he is trying to convey ... that there is some sort of activity going on.

FWIW, my husband has always monitored earthquakes on the USGS site, and Shasta has been having a lot more movement than usual.

~ s

leweke1's picture
leweke1
Hot Spring

Don't confuse a volcanic vent with a hot spring...hot springs are very common, and occur where there is no volcanic activity.  Also, if there had been the eruptions discussed back in July, IMO many thousands of people would have witnessed them as they flew through the area on commercial flights.  Air traffic delays would have resulted from re-routing of flights to avoid ash plumes.  It would have been a phenomenon too obvious to hide.

venzel's picture
venzel
Hi, I was looking for

Hi, I was looking for hotsprings in the area when I can upon this site. I am a big fan of hotsprings . I could find no information what so ever on hot springs for that particular area and was looking to find more about the volcanic activity for the area. Hot springs are the result of volcanic activity, they are not hot if something isn't warming them up.

venzel's picture
venzel
thank you  I will

thank you  I will

Wendy S. Delmater
leweke1, sorry

I do not think anyonewas suggesting that there was a volcanic erruption in these areas. Perhaps a better term for what we are trying to describe would be a Fumarole

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments