visual of the fox guarding the henhouse

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
idoctor's picture
idoctor
visual of the fox guarding the henhouse

Let me just say I enjoy some of the entertainment Glenn Beck puts out. I do not watch him that often. Like everything there can be spin on anything. He does make some good points.

docmims's picture
docmims
Re: visual of the fox guarding the henhouse

The visual he gives with the chalkboard and the pictures does help draw the issue together on who exactly is watching the banks.  It also clearly who filters the information and gives the options to the president. 

The answer to a question depends on how it's framed and the information you are provided with.  This video will educate you on who provides the information and advice for solving our crisis to the president.

Thanks idoctor

V's picture
V

For the 2% of the American population who can construct two coherent sentences in a row we have ...........................Chris Martenson. For the remaining 98% we have Glenn Beck.

He needs all the support we can give him. He is reaching a very large number of people.

It is axiomatic that the larger the audience the lower the collective IQ. This is the reason for the success of television.

V

docmims's picture
docmims

V

Some of those who watch this on tv may be inspired to read sites like this and learn how they are being played by the Oligarchy.  Even though you may disagree with his politics, you must agree that he is shining some light down on the roaches who prefer to be unseen in the dark.

goes211's picture
goes211

The problem with Beck is he is a media whore without any core beliefs.  Remeber a couple of years ago he was a Republican shrill like Hannity mocking Ron Paul supporters as crazy.   The he saw the wave coming, jumped on it, and now is riding it all the way to the bank.  Someday he will really let us down.  In the long run, it will not be good for the liberty movement if the average person on the street starts associating it with Beck.

V's picture
V

Doc

Did you read what I wrote?

I happen to think Beck is doing an awesome job of educating the American sheeple. That clip from his show was absolutely genius. The American people are by and large ignorant (not stupid). They have been conditioned to get their info through sound bites.They no longer have the patience or attention span to grasp complex issues. Slogans like " it's the economy stupid" are about as far as many can go.,

These concepts must be presented in the way Beck does it with humor and lots of props.

I can't tell you how many people I told about the crash course in the last year who were not able  to finish it let alone get it.

Beck understands his audience. He knows he has to be on their level to be able to communicate with them. His audience is growing and he is reaching more people everyday. People who watch him do not need to be inspired to visit sites like this to understand how the oligarchy is screwing them. They already know it and they get the reasons and modus operandi  from Beck.

As for Becks politics I frankly don't give a damn. Who among us on this site can say their politics has not gone though a radical shift in the last two years. As long as his message continues to be what it is on that clip then he has my blessing ( that and 2 bucks will get you a cup off coffee)

I don' t own a tv so keep me posted. When he starts taking on the congressional military industrial complex then he will have truly arrived.

V

Stan Robertson's picture
Stan Robertson
goes211 wrote:

The problem with Beck is he is a media whore without any core beliefs.  Remeber a couple of years ago he was a Republican shrill like Hannity mocking Ron Paul supporters as crazy.   The he saw the wave coming, jumped on it, and now is riding it all the way to the bank.  Someday he will really let us down.  In the long run, it will not be good for the liberty movement if the average person on the street starts associating it with Beck.

As I recall, he wasn't knocking Paul's economics so much as his isolationist views. It is one thing to say that we should audit the fed and quit accumulating unpayable debt. I doubt that most Americans would support withdrawing to fortress America even if most do want out of Afghanistan.

docmims's picture
docmims

Sorry V.  I did misunderstand what you wrote as to the IQ of his viewers.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

Good video.  Very similar to another one he did roughly six months ago.

I don't watch Beck very often, but I generally appreciate his show when I do. I read one of his books, "Glen Beck's Common Sense", based somewhat on Thomas Paine's work (which is also included), and found it to be a very good read.

Among libertarians, Beck is still viewed with considerable skepticism. At a recent Campaign for Liberty event, I heard a response from a featured speaker to a question regarding Beck, essentially along the lines of "while I may not trust him (Beck), I am happy for every viewer that he convinces to take another look at Ron Paul".

I agree that there is considerable cross-pollination between sites like CM, movements like Campaign for Liberty, and "edutainers" like Beck.

For my part, I maintain some level of skepticism regarding Beck, but hope that he may, like many of us, be on a continual journey of understanding; that he may be sincere and developing core libertarian beliefs, and that he may be more trustworthy that he may sometimes appear.

rhare's picture
rhare

For my part, I maintain some level of skepticism regarding Beck, but hope that he may, like many of us, be on a continual journey of understanding; that he may be sincere and developing core libertarian beliefs, and that he may be more trustworthy that he may sometimes appear.

I agree.  I have been watching Glen Beck for about a year now.  Sometimes I'm frustrated by his neocon leanings at times, but he seems to be one of the few MSM types that are at least discussing critical issues, even if it's only a subset of the many issues facing us currently.  He also has evolved even over the last year from NeoCon to more Libertarian in many of his shows.

I think issues fall into the following categories:

• Economic - monetary policy, government spending, taxes, over regulation.
  • Freedom - loss of liberties, patriot act, foreign policy, etc.
  • Peak Everything - oil, uranium, food, etc.

Different people are focused on different issues:

• Glen Beck - economic and freedom issues.
  • Peter Schiff - mostly economic issues, with a touch on freedom.
  • Ron Paul - mostly freedom and economic issues.
  • Lew Rockwell - mostly freedom and economic issues.
  • Judge Napolitano - mostly freedom issues
  • Chris Martenson - Economic and Peak Everything
  • James Kunstler - Peak Oil

I think you have to pay attention to all of these sources to get a true understanding of where we are going. In my opinion I think the economic issues will play out in the short term, with the freedom issues next, and followed by the peak resource issues.  That is not to say that the peak energy issues aren't pushing the economic and freedom issues as discussed by Dr. Martenson, just that I think the world will thrash about with the first two issues taking center stage until the true underlying cause is recognized.

Back to Glen Beck.  I've read "Glen Beck's Common Sense", and found it an excellent read as well.  I particularly liked being able to read the original "Common Sense" as part of it.  His book "Arguing with Idiots" is also very good.  It's entertaining and has a huge citations section so you can look up where he got his data.

Other books I highly recommend are:

• Crash Proof 2.0  by Peter Schiff - This is where I got started after seeing the "Peter Schiff was Right" videos.  I actually read "Crash Proof" and someone lent me the 2.0 version.  It's the same book with a "update" at the end of each chapter.
  • Meltdown by Thomas Woods - A very good walk through of how our money system failed us and how we got to where we are today.
  • Ron Paul - Revolution, A Manifesto - A good look at why government is the problem.  I also read "End The Fed", which I enjoyed, but it seemed to ramble a bit and I would generally recommend "Revolution" over "End The Fed" at least as an introduction to Libertarian and Ron Paul's views.

I may have others in the near future as the latest order from Amazon just arrived (The Fourth Turning, The 5000 Year Leap, The New Square Foot Gardening, and Outliers). :-) Hmm, perhaps a book review thread for each book might be good!

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Glenn Beck is a very smart and shifty conman

Beck is a neo-con chameleon whose is purpose is to suck in and hijack the patriot movement.

Before you get too enamoured by Beck just remember who he works for... Rupert Murdoch.
And what does he say for $50 million?
Whatever he's told to say!

What Beck thought about the bank bailouts then...

http://vodpod.com/watch/2221811-lie-beck-claims-he-hated-bush-for-starting-the-700-billion-bailouts-

And what he thinks about a bunch of brand new taxes to pay off the banksters now...

Beck's pupose is to capture and split the patriot movement down the middle thereby undermining any chance of it becoming a true alternative  to the Wall Street owned status quo.

Sure he sounds good, but don't be fooled... he's just like a peodophile waving  a bag of candy in front of a child... an evil b*stard!

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
rhare wrote:

Back to Glen Beck.  I've read "Glen Beck's Common Sense", and found it an excellent read as well.  I particularly liked being able to read the original "Common Sense" as part of it.  His book "Arguing with Idiots" is also very good.  It's entertaining and has a huge citations section so you can look up where he got his data.

Other books I highly recommend are:

• Crash Proof 2.0  by Peter Schiff - This is where I got started after seeing the "Peter Schiff was Right" videos.  I actually read "Crash Proof" and someone lent me the 2.0 version.  It's the same book with a "update" at the end of each chapter.
  • Meltdown by Thomas Woods - A very good walk through of how our money system failed us and how we got to where we are today.
  • Ron Paul - Revolution, A Manifesto - A good look at why government is the problem.  I also read "End The Fed", which I enjoyed, but it seemed to ramble a bit and I would generally recommend "Revolution" over "End The Fed" at least as an introduction to Libertarian and Ron Paul's views.

I may have others in the near future as the latest order from Amazon just arrived (The Fourth Turning, The 5000 Year Leap, The New Square Foot Gardening, and Outliers). :-) Hmm, perhaps a book review thread for each book might be good!

I actually thought Paul's "Revolution" was a bit rambling, and enjoyed Beck's "Common Sense" more. I have "End the Fed", too, but haven't started reading it; I'm afraid now that it will be even more rambling than "Revolution".

I'm still reading "The 5000 Year Leap", which is excellent. I have "Meltdown" in the queue, and am looking forward to it. I heard Woods speak at a Campaign for Liberty meeting; and thought he was phenomenal. I've heard good things about "The Fourth Turning", but haven't read or even ordered it, yet.

My favorite book thus far on libertarian politics is David Boaz' "Libertarianism: A Primer". Boaz is with the Cato Institute, and is an excellent writer.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

ccpetersmd

Have you read:

Survival+: Structuring a new prosperity for yourself and the nation by Charles Hugh Smith

This is one of the most lucid looks at where we are and were we are going I have ever read.

docmims's picture
docmims

Johnny O +1

I'm reading charles hugh smith's book now survival +.  It is very good.

As for Glenn Beck splitting the movement,  I think that once the public starts to understand the fed and central banks, then the Genie is out of the bottle and can't be put back or split.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

I hope thats true.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
Johnny Oxygen wrote:

ccpetersmd

Have you read:

Survival+: Structuring a new prosperity for yourself and the nation by Charles Hugh Smith

This is one of the most lucid looks at where we are and were we are going I have ever read.

I hadn't even heard of it, so thanks for the recommendation!

Septimus's picture
Septimus

I doubt Beck will split the movement... once you have taken the red pill you are unlikley to be divided -again- from truth. I hold out some doubts about Beck but as one who watched him on HNN before his current show and heard him on the radio off and on since 2002 I do believe he is both sincere in his beiefs and also knows how to use them to great commercial effect (skills learned during his earlier years when he really was living a lie).  As one who has progressed in learning and awareness all of my life, I can say I have had (and I am sure I still do have) many mistaken beliefs that I have had to modify or outright abandon as new information has made itself known to me (a lot of it through my own seeking). It does look like Glenn has educated himself on these things and his beliefs have changed accordingly. It would be hard to argue that he is not excellent at seeing the big picture and putting disparate seemingly unconnected pieces together - correctly.

So, I give him the benefit of the doubt and am thankful that he is doing a lot to awaken people in this country. Certainly this is better than what would otherwise fill up his time on TV and the radio.

rhare's picture
rhare

I heard Woods speak at a Campaign for Liberty meeting; and thought he was phenomenal.

I agree.  I heard him at the CPAC Ron Paul Liberty Forum last year.  That's where the person sitting next to me told me about this site and the Crash Course.  I suspect you will like his book.  I've added the Boaz book to my book list. Thanks.

Johnny Oxygen, thanks for the Survival+ recommendation.  I've tacked it onto my list as well.  Too many books, too little time, but Amazon likes me!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments