A Very Good Series of Videos: Still Report

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
metalmongrel's picture
metalmongrel
A Very Good Series of Videos: Still Report

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if you are aware of this video series or not, but there are a bunch of videos called "The Still Report" on youtube that echo and reinforce the same topics that Chris discusses here.  The videos began in 2009 I think and I think there are over 20 of them now; most are quite good.  He is very big on a couple issues in general, including:

1.  Restoring debt-free money that is issued by the government instead of the government borrowing from a private bank (federal reserve).

2.  The history of how the american government has been held hostage by the bankers throughout the last 200+ years.  He notes throughout the series that all those presidents who tried to go back to government-issued currency and not a currency borrowed from the banks were assissinated shortly after (Lincoln, Garfield, Kennedy, etc).

3.  He emphasizes in almost every video that whoever controls the quantity of the currency can control a population.  He doesn't think that a gold-backed currency is necessarily the solution to everything because the gold quantity too can be controlled and we will be subjugated by whomever controls it.  His "solution" here is that the government, which is an extension of our votes, must be the controller of the quantity so that the citizens have the ultimate control of the currency.  This is where I disagree with him a little...  I think that the few hundred people in our senate and HoR can be easily corrupted by the influence of the bank.  It's just not that hard to corrupt so few people.  My kneejerk reactionary "solution" to this would be to get rid of the "representative republic" system we have going on now and allow every citizen in this country represent themselves.  I.e, let every citizen with a social security number submit 1 vote on every bill and do away with representative voting altogether.  We have the technology to do this.  The banks can't corrupt all of us!  (what a fantasy eh?)

4.  Official government stats like unemployment are fudged to make them more digestible.

5.  The interest on our debt is mathematically unserviceable and a drastic change will occur.

And many more...

He doesn't confront the other two E's (energy and environment) much, but they're still worth watching nonetheless.

Here's an exceptionally good one

Enjoy all!

Tycer's picture
Tycer
Re: A Very Good Series of Videos: Still Report

He has two excellent movies also.

The Money Masters

and

The Secret of Oz

Trinity's picture
Trinity

Metalmongrel wrote:

He doesn't think that a gold-backed currency is necessarily the solution to everything because the gold quantity too can be controlled and we will be subjugated by whomever controls it.  His "solution" here is that the government, which is an extension of our votes, must be the controller of the quantity so that the citizens have the ultimate control of the currency.  This is where I disagree with him a little...  I think that the few hundred people in our senate and HoR can be easily corrupted by the influence of the bank.  It's just not that hard to corrupt so few people.  My kneejerk reactionary "solution" to this would be to get rid of the "representative republic" system we have going on now and allow every citizen in this country represent themselves.  I.e, let every citizen with a social security number submit 1 vote on every bill and do away with representative voting altogether.  We have the technology to do this.  The banks can't corrupt all of us!  (what a fantasy eh?)

Metalmongrel,

Great video suggestion! I agree the Still Report is a very good series. I haven't seen the Secret of Oz yet but I did really enjoy the Money Masters

I do agree with Ben Still's philosophy in principle that the currency must be controlled by the people through the government. However, that would only work if we had a government (executive, legislative and judicial branches) that would honor The Constitution in it's original, unadulterated form interpreting it in the manner in which it was intended. 

Unfortunately, I believe many of our elected officials (though not all) are either willfully or ignorantly complicit  in the corruption that exists. Special interests hold much sway over our elected officials because they donate vast sums of money to their campaigns, thus securing their positions of power and influence. Since you or I don't have millions of dollars (or even hundreds of thousands of dollars) to donate to their campaign fund, why should they care what we think when it comes time for them to vote on our behalf? But I digress...

On the surface, your suggestion that every person gets 1 vote on every bill seems fair and incorruptible. However, we've all seen the scandals where ballots were "lost", accusations of tampering, etc. Those who seek to gain or maintain power, if desperate enough, will do what they can to ensure their success. It would also be a logistical nightmare for getting any bills passed, even those that would truly benefit the common good; can you imagine what a circus it would be to try to get an estimated 300,017,583 people to agree on anything? I think that's why the founding fathers used the model of representative government (and they only had 13 colonies). I agree with the spirit of your suggestion but I just don't think it would work in practice. 

Smile Anyway, that's my 2 cents. 

Trinity

metalmongrel's picture
metalmongrel

Hi Trinity,

What I actually meant by the one-person, one-vote system was to use the internet to cast votes.  Of course, not all americans have access to the internet, so that's a hurdle...  but those of us that are internet users should be able to cast votes from the comfort of our homes.  After voting, we should be able to access recognition of how our vote was counted to ensure that it was recorded correctly.  Of course, this would require an incredibly advanced encryption system so as to avoid any voting hackers, but hey, we just saved 3 billion by killing off the next NASA space shuttle program... why not devote some of that money to an internet-based voting system and strip congress of their voting rights?  I guess we can leave them around to formulate bills for now, but in reality, the people will decide every decision on their own terms with their own vote. :)  Think of all the voting staff and postage $ this would save.  

Thanks for pointing out the wizard of oz to me though, I'll look for a copy.  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments