U.S. Troops at Home?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
U.S. Troops at Home?

when the first brigade of the northern command was deployed last fall the purpose was supposed to be to be of assistance in case of a natural disaster and to maintain order in the case of a terrorist attack.

we have had a major storm in the northeast which left many without power for a long time and we have just had a major ice storm go through here (arkansas) missouri, kentucky etc. i have not seen any troops of any kind even though it is winter and hundreds of thousands are without power.

has any of the brethren/sistren seen any troops or national guard helping out? i haven't.  no bechtel or halliburton either

just curious

jrf29's picture
jrf29
Re: U.S. Troops at Home?

Kentucky mobilized its entire national guard.  No federal troops were used anywhere, to my knowledge.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

Joe,

I concur with jrf29 - I saw stories on the national news the last couple of evenings about the entire Kentucky National Guard being mobilized to help out. No stories about other states. Either the others are all fighting overseas or they haven't been able to find you yet! Wink

Ready's picture
Ready

We had a lot of damage in S Missouri due to ice, but nothing I would expect a national response to. Once the ice melted, I had everything back to normal in 1 day of tinkering.

Spoke to a friend in KY last week who had been without power (and still is) since the onset. He told me a guardsman knocked on his door to make sure everyone was OK. I assume this was KY guard.

Unless the troops can fix power lines, not sure what they could do that isn't already being done.

Rog

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

the troops can bring in food and water and clear roads. as they apparently are doing in ky.

where are you in missouri? i am in fayetteville ar. just south of mo. by 40 minutes.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments