U.S. Gov't unfunded liabilities changed dramatically '10 / '09

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Titus's picture
Titus
U.S. Gov't unfunded liabilities changed dramatically '10 / '09

I am researching the U.S. unfunded liabilities cited in Chapter 13 - A National Failure to Save -- and it appears that the government has made some significant changes to the assumptions in its calculation. Since 2009, the net total social insurance expenditures have fallen by $15 and $9 trillion for the open group and closed group calculations, respectively. These are huge drops in one year.

Below is the link to the most recent Financial Report of the U.S. Gov't at the treasury's website.

Link: http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/10frusg/10frusg.pdf

The numbers are located on page 21 (supplemental details on pg 46). I have not located the assumptions. If anyone happens to know what they might be, or comes across them at some point in the future, I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums Titus.  You'll find interesting people and ideas here.  This is the first I've heard of this revision.  I don't know why, but someone here will probably want to look into this.

Travlin 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments