Update on BP's Gulf Coast payouts - "We are screwed"

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
PetraViolet's picture
PetraViolet
Update on BP's Gulf Coast payouts - "We are screwed"

Posted today by Kindra Arnesen, a Louisiana citizen acting as her community's advocate. She has been asking people to wake up and pay attention for months now, since the whole oil disaster began. This new post contains her latest information on why the BP payout is not going to come close to covering the cost of damage to the paople of the Gulf Coast or the businesses there. Frankly, I am amazed she has been fighting the fight for this long - brave woman.  As for her credibility, I have been following her since she first started speaking out and have yet to see her report anything incorrectly. The article - more like a blog post - is short and to the point. 

http://www.bridgethegulfproject.org/node/255

PetraViolet's picture
PetraViolet
Re: Update on BP's Gulf Coast payouts - "We are screwed"

I believe that this is something to pay attention to (it seems many of you on these forums already know that). If the Gulf Coast economy fails, which authorities are saying it will, the rest of us WILL feel it. And we WILL have to absorb it. And we WILL have to help our brothers and sisters in the Gulf area with basic necessities. I am happy to help, although it would be MUCH better if a large group of individuals stood up to the officials, kicked them and BP in the nuts and demanded that they pay for 100% of damages they caused and all of the cleanup.

Will it happen? That is yet to be seen. I hope so.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments