The United States is in a "Liquidity Trap"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
The United States is in a "Liquidity Trap"

Take a few minutes and think what would happen if the interest the FED charges member banks actualy sinks to zero, or less. There would be a few problems with that. Conversely typing, think again, what would happen if they raised interest rate up a few points. A few problems with that too. But now add in another element to the equation: massive fraud and corruption. An excerpt to the link below:

More than an American scandal, this fraud reaches deep into the halls of power in Europe, some of whose national governments are already failing. What had been the Keating Five is now the Global Finance 500.

More to this story:

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/01.11/trapped.html

Poet's picture
Poet
Copy And Paste From Jesse's Café Américain?
sevenmmm wrote:

More to this story:

Sevenmmm

Great article! Very true. However...

Question: Is there a reason this link above is to a COPY on the Silver Bear Café, rather than to the original post on Jesse's Café Américain that was posted just 4 days ago?

Link to the original on Jesse's Café Américain:
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2011/01/america-is-trapped-in-m...

I remember also a direct copy of a huge rambling essay by Fernando "Ferfal" Aguirre on that site. I don't know that the proprietor of the Silver Bear Cafe site has necessarily obtained permission to wholesale copy entire articles from other blogs. What do you think?

Poet

sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
Re: Copy And Paste From Jesse's Café Américain?
Poet wrote:
sevenmmm wrote:

More to this story:

Sevenmmm

Question: Is there a reason this link above is to a COPY on the Silver Bear Café, rather than to the original post on Jesse's Café Américain that was posted just 4 days ago?

I remember also a direct copy of a huge rambling essay by Fernando "Ferfal" Aguirre on that site. I don't know that the proprietor of the Silver Bear Cafe site has necessarily obtained permission to wholesale copy entire articles from other blogs. What do you think?

Poet

I have followed this proprietor for some time, he is obviously working hard to find good articles. If I had the time he had, I would be checking all the same sites he does.

There is no copyright issues if you link the article directly to the original link - where the article was published. But hey, in this fascist political environment, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had his site shut down for some such charges.

Did you watch the presentation by Black? He said thatKeating sent a memo to his (Keating's) attorney to have Black "Killed Dead", Black remarked, that was the best compliment that could ever be paid to a regulator. I also can hardly believe what he said about Obama's financial people either.

Poet's picture
Poet
sevenmmm wrote:
Poet wrote:
sevenmmm wrote:

More to this story:

Sevenmmm

Poet

I have followed this proprietor for some time, he is obviously working hard to find good articles. If I had the time he had, I would be checking all the same sites he does.

There is no copyright issues if you link the article directly to the original link - where the article was published. But hey, in this fascist political environment, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had his site shut down for some such charges.

Did you watch the presentation by Black? He said thatKeating sent a memo to his (Keating's) attorney to have Black "Killed Dead", Black remarked, that was the best compliment that could ever be paid to a regulator. I also can hardly believe what he said about Obama's financial people either.

I totally agree, William K. Black is probably one of the few voices of financial reason and regulation left in this country (along with noble ladies like Elizabeth Warren and Brooksley Born). Unfortunately, they are not in power. Even Paul Volcker has left, disgusted at Obama.

I don't think you are aware of Fair Use under copyright law. Just copying an entire article and linking back isn't enough. Fair Use includes brief quotes to illustrate points - a few paragraphs, that's about it. It isn't about fascism. It's legal doctrine established over centuries, designed to protect hard-working authors from unscrupulous profiteers. But don't worry, it's not about you. It's about whether the Silver Bear Café proprietor is trying to make money and drive traffic through his or her site, using the hard work of others without knowledge or permission. That, I don't know. I can only assume the proprietor has already requested permission and obtained it.

I do suggest you use the original links when you post here - especially since they are so conveniently located on the web pages at the Silver Bear Cafe itself anyway. Rather than link to the Silver Bear Café, this would the best way to honor and credit the original authors for their work.

Poet

admin's picture
admin
Poet wrote:

I don't think you are aware of Fair Use under copyright law. Just copying an entire article and linking back isn't enough. Fair Use includes brief quotes to illustrate points - a few paragraphs, that's about it. It isn't about fascism. It's legal doctrine established over centuries, designed to protect hard-working authors from unscrupulous profiteers. But don't worry, it's not about you. It's about whether the Silver Bear Café proprietor is trying to make money and drive traffic through his or her site, using the hard work of others without knowledge or permission. That, I don't know. I can only assume the proprietor has already requested permission and obtained it.

I do suggest you use the original links when you post here - especially since they are so conveniently located on the web pages at the Silver Bear Cafe itself anyway. Rather than link to the Silver Bear Café, this would the best way to honor and credit the original authors for their work.

Poet

Well said, Poet.

sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
Poet wrote:

Poet

Sure, I understand protecting one's ideas very well. Will link directly from now on. 

Are any ideas I post here then property of Chris Martenson?

Poet's picture
Poet
sevenmmm wrote:
Poet wrote:

Poet

Sure, I understand protecting one's ideas very well. Will link directly from now on. 

I don't think that would be the case - or else a lot of people would not be happy posting their researched writings and very personal thoughts here. Dr. Martenson and his staff generate enough valuable content on their own, much more valuable than whatever most user postings could provide. I doubt they would want to do stifle creativity, spontaneity and freedom.

But you can always e-mail the staff and ask.

Poet

sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
Poet wrote:
sevenmmm wrote:
Poet wrote:

Poet

I don't think that would be the case - or else a lot of people would not be happy posting their researched writings and very personal thoughts here. Dr. Martenson and his staff generate enough valuable content on their own, much more valuable than whatever most user postings could provide. I doubt they would want to do stifle creativity, spontaneity and freedom.

Poet

I was wondering. If you knew posting through a third party was a violation of copyright laws, why didn't you just state it in your first post? Seems like you set me up for a slapdown.

Poet's picture
Poet
sevenmmm wrote:
Poet wrote:
sevenmmm wrote:
Poet wrote:

Poet

Poet

I was wondering. If you knew posting through a third party was a violation of copyright laws, why didn't you just state it in your first post? Seems like you set me up for a slapdown.

First of all, please allow me to apologize to you. I intended no such thing as a "slapdown".

That said, you posting a link to a page on the Silver Bear Café itself is not a violation of copyright law.

If and only if the Silver Bear Café proprietor were not to have obtained express permission from authors to reprint their entire articles on his or her web site, then the proprietor would be in violation of copyright laws.

Poet

sevenmmm's picture
sevenmmm
Re: The United States is in a "Liquidity Trap"

I like that word, "slapdown". 

OK NP.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments