Unemployment numbers

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
Unemployment numbers

U3 and U6 is over 20%, http://www.shadowstats.com/section/content-feed/commentaries has it right. “• September Unemployment Rates: U.3 = 9.8%, U.6 = 17.0%, SGS = 21.4%”

joemanc's picture
joemanc
Re: Unemployment numbers

What I don't understand is that the weekly initial unemployment numbers run around 500,000, yet we "only" lose 200K jobs? Is there an explanation for that?

Where did I read yesterday that for the unemployment rate to go down, we'll need to create 100K jobs/month. It's Jobless/Phantom/Phony "Recovery".

Davos's picture
Davos
joemanc wrote:

What I don't understand is that the weekly initial unemployment numbers run around 500,000, yet we "only" lose 200K jobs? Is there an explanation for that?

Where did I read yesterday that for the unemployment rate to go down, we'll need to create 100K jobs/month. It's Jobless/Phantom/Phony "Recovery".

Insane asylums are saner.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

joemanc wrote:

It's "class extermination." The elites don't acknowledge your existence in their fabricated stats; therefore, you do not exist. Now disappear!

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Re: Unemployment numbers: breakdown by sector

Private Sector = - 190,000
  • Natural Resources & Mining = - 6,000
  • Construction = - 62,000
  • Manufacturing = - 61,000
    • Durable goods = - 44,000
    • Non-durable goods = - 17,000
  • Services = - 61,000
    • Wholesale Trade = - 8,400
    • Retail Trade = - 39,800
    • Transportation & Warehousing = - 18,400
    • Utilities = + 400
    • Information & Media = - 1,000
    • Financial Svcs & Real Estate = - 8,000
    • Professional & Business Svcs = + 18,000
    • Education = + 10,700
    • Health Svcs = + 34,400
    • Leisure = - 37,000
  • You know im sick and tired of these freaking job losses!!! The US hasnt had a month of job growth since Jan 2008. If Nov and Dec are also negative months it will be 2 full years of job losses. This is so [thoroughly and unrightfully disordered] man. So many people out there must be getting desperate with no work to pay the bills. Thankfully the gov has been decent enough to extend benefits to the unemployed for way longer than expected. My heart goes out to these 200,000 plus people.
Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

And all of this is a direct consequence of having 100% of our meduim of exchange created as an interest bearing loan where when the money is paid back it gets destroyed leaving the debt always greater than the money supply due to simple mathemactal law.  All of these people could enjoy prosperity if all we did was pass one simple law to put money into circulation that doesn't have to be borrow and was created in a way to benifit all of society.  The Minnesota Transportation Act would be a great first step.

Will's picture
Will

CNN has a poll posted on their home page today asking "Are you unemployed?"

So far, it's 20% responding they are unemployed, which is close to what Shadowstats.com estimates and twice the "official" government figure.

I wonder how long the poll will stay up on CNN, as it is obviously in stark contrast to the lower figure that we are all being "FED"...  I wonder who the genius journalist is at CNN who finally decided "Hey, let's do a poll on unemployment and see how the numbers compare to the official stats!"

Looks like somebody has some explaining to do...

Will's picture
Will

CNN has removed the poll from the front page.  Last time I checked, it was up to 21% unemployed with a sampling of 200,000+.

Their Quick Vote polls on the home page often change topics, so it's not necessarily politically motivated that it is no longer available.  However, I consider it more evidence that we are being LIED to about how bad things really are.  Sure, you could argue that the poll was only available Friday during the day when people who are at work are less likely to be browsing the CNN site and unemployed slackers are bored and surfing the net, but could that really result in a 100% difference between the official stats and their poll?

It will be interesting to see if CNN reports the results of this poll on their site or any of their broadcasts (I would be surprised if they did).

m1bxd's picture
m1bxd

Hi,

Sorry if this is a repost, via an obscure twitter who follows my commercial activities, he posted this link!

http://bit.ly/3njCXk

Bloody amazing!

Jan 2007 - to Jan 2010 as a projection, runing out per county as a Flash animation.

Cheers Mark

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments