Unemployment Graph by County

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crystal's picture
Crystal
Unemployment Graph by County

Some of you may have already seen this. I found it interesting:

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html?ref=patrick.net

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
Re: Unemployment Graph by County

No wonder you all think I am a fruit cake .  We are so not the norm here.   Still at 3-4% unemployment . 

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Wait.  Who thinks you're a fruit cake?  And be careful -- if in fact you are a cake of fruit, in this season -- you'll get gifted and re-gifted and handed around from family to family and then left on an obscure dark corner of a shelf in the pantry until next November.Smile

Viva -- Sager

Juli B's picture
Juli B
Re: Unemployment Graph by County and Fruitcake

Ho there FullMoon and Sager--think about it!

Fruitcake is the perfect recession Christmas present. It is edible (well -- it is!) keeps forever, even mice and moths will not nibble on it--is high in calories and easily transported in your bug-out bag. If soaked in bourbon, it has other virtues.

Let's hear it for fruitcake! (I hear Jimmy Buffet singing in the background.."we need more fruitcakes in this world...") wow.

juli

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: Unemployment Graph by County and Fruitcake
Juli B wrote:

Fruitcake is the perfect recession Christmas present. It is edible (well -- it is!) keeps forever, even mice and moths will not nibble on it--is high in calories and easily transported in your bug-out bag. 

And it can be used to bludgeon Mutant Zombie Bikers (if you keep it in your bug-out bag and just flail away with the BoB at the MZBs)!

docmims's picture
docmims

Fruitcake -- the ultimate storage food!!Tongue out  Of course you have to be starving to eat it.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

yup , I personally like most  fruit cakes .  Especially those with nuts. Embarassed

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I went down to donate at the food pantry .  Up to 17 families coming each week  and  more intransit .  We had to rethink the donations because these people can not well carry canned food  .   More peanut butter and crackers I am thinking .   What do you all give ???  I could use hints here .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Counties and Fruitcakes

Awesome graphics . . .  It wasn't fun watching my county "go plum", though . . . Serves me right for smugly noting that we started in the amber . . .

You are a fruitcake, Full Moon . . . solid, hearty, wholesome, full of surprises and the occasional nutty punctuation . . . I, too, like fruitcake, both human and otherwise . . .

And, don't laugh . . . Fruitcake is an old food storage staple . . . Yes, soaked in bourbon, it lasts forever.  Connoiseurs know that one needs to occasionally add a bit more bourbon, and invert the cake, now and then, to keep it well distributed.  The alcohol and sugar content keep the cake impervious to spoilage.  I have little doubt that after they nuke us into oblivion, there'll be nothing left but fruitcakes and cockroaches . . .Those are gonna be some happy cockroaches . . .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Full Moon wrote:

I went down to donate at the food pantry .  Up to 17 families coming each week  and  more intransit .  We had to rethink the donations because these people can not well carry canned food  .   More peanut butter and crackers I am thinking .   What do you all give ???  I could use hints here .

I understand that "no cook" items are well appreciated.  Tuna fish is high protein and the oil therein is good protection from the cold for the homeless.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Sorry about the punctuation . I was rather busy in the chearleading /partying section in school .   Now who has time. Surprised  

I figure who cares , very few people are important enough to be remembered in three generations anyway .  And those that are , are not usually remembered for anything good that they have done.  Well unless you are very upright then your legacy might  remain 14 generations .

I saw that the people from the commune were indeed stocking up big on bourbon and such . Must not be something they make down there. Bet I am not on their Christmas list . 

I am  needing to get brave and head into town ... such a dreaded trip .  But the roads are clear and almost everywhere has power back up .  I just keep  putting it off so long and now it is a big ordeal .    Nothing like the first storm of the season showing you where you are unprepared .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Full Moon wrote:

Sorry about the punctuation . I was rather busy in the chearleading /partying section in school .   Now who has time. Surprised  

I figure who cares , very few people are important enough to be remembered in three generations anyway .  And those that are , are not usually remembered for anything good that they have done.  Well unless you are very upright then your legacy might  remain 14 generations .

I saw that the people from the commune were indeed stocking up big on bourbon and such . Must not be something they make down there. Bet I am not on their Christmas list . 

I am  needing to get brave and head into town ... such a dreaded trip .  But the roads are clear and almost everywhere has power back up .  I just keep  putting it off so long and now it is a big ordeal .    Nothing like the first storm of the season showing you where you are unprepared .

Good luck, Full Moon . . .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments