2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Unemployed thread

Starting a unemployed thread.

Questions

1. How long have you been jobless?

2. Have you heard back from companies? Or, what is the ratio of applications to callbacks/interviews?

3. Are you a recent graduate?

4. Are you a person that was layed off after having a career?

5. Have you had hours cut?

6. Are you feeling frustrated? If so, it is slightly, moderate, or severe?

7. If you found work after being unemployed, how long did it take to get hired?

Answers

1. Been looking for work for 8 weeks

2. No. Ive sent 80 applications. No responses.

3. Recent law grad

4. No.

5. N/A

6. Slightly. I understand that its only been 2 months. Its frustrating sending out 80 apps but no responses, not even a email.

7. N/A

Feel free to respond to this. I believe that as a community we should be able to share our jobless woes. Unemployment is by far the biggest issue us peons have to deal with in this game of puppet mastery.

Thanks

land2341's picture
land2341
Re: Unemployed thread

I'll do this twice.  DH got laid off,  I am still working but seriously looking for full time w/ bennies - I now work two part time jobs.

Questions  for DH

1. How long have you been jobless?  one month

2. Have you heard back from companies? Or, what is the ratio of applications to callbacks/interviews? two call backs/ interviews out of about 70 applications (started applying in November in anticipation of lay-off some call backs are over 30 days from app to call back

3. Are you a recent graduate? NO

4. Are you a person that was layed off after having a career?  Not sure what this means,  20 years??

5. Have you had hours cut? No

6. Are you feeling frustrated? If so, it is slightly, moderate, or severe?  Yes,  but he's doing OK  the interviews helped

7. If you found work after being unemployed, how long did it take to get hired?  NA

Questions me

1. How long have you been jobless?  not unemployed I am under-employed

2. Have you heard back from companies? Or, what is the ratio of applications to callbacks/interviews? Not really,  60 apps, one no thank you, three we got your app e-mails....

3. Are you a recent graduate? heck no

4. Are you a person that was layed off after having a career? yes

5. Have you had hours cut? no 

6. Are you feeling frustrated? If so, it is slightly, moderate, or severe?  not yet,  a little scared of the level of credentialism for pitiful pay there is.

Land

7. If you found work after being unemployed, how long did it take to get hired?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments